Dodge Challenger Forum banner

SRT Challenger Trans Am Hits Mid-Ohio in New Photos

13K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  IE392 
#1 ·

he Dodge Challenger SRT Trans Am race cars debuted with positive results.

SRT Motorsports along with its Dodge Challengers debuted in the SCCA Trans Am Series this past weekend at Mid-Ohio with a top 10 result. Cameron Lawrence, the Trans Am Series’ TA2 points leader finished 10th in his first race behind the wheel of the Challenger SRT race car while teammate Tommy Kendall finished 19th after running as high as fourth before an issue ended his race.

SEE ALSO: Dodge Challenger SRT Trans Am Race Car Revealed

The nearly 60-car field competed on the 2.258-mile circuit in Ohio with Lawrence starting from the rear of the field after the new Challenger arrived after Friday’s qualifying session. Despite an early-event speeding penalty on pit road, Lawrence was still able to climb through the field for a 10th place finish. The 21-year-old driver also grabbed the third-fastest lap in the TA2 field with a 1:29.196.

“I was really able to put the Challenger almost exactly where I wanted it,” said Lawrence. “The handling is really close and we just need to work on things here or there. Coming through the field was more like survival, but the car ran really well. We had a good pace. I was able to pass guys and really make some good moves in the car. It stayed under me. After the first time on the track, my first impressions of the car are really good. I’m sure with a little bit of work and with the engineering we have behind us, we’ll get out in front pretty quickly.”

See less See more
#9 ·
What an awesome result from the back of the pack!! Can't wait to see where Tom and Cam finish when all goes well and qualifying is factored in!!! Spent all day Wednesday 10/29/14 at Hallett MRC with my 2010 R/T and the grin is still plastered all over my face!! Amazing how well these cars perform on a road track.

#10 ·
Sorry for the late reply but for anyone wondering about this car it's a Howe Racing chassis. They build these TA2 car with the Camaro, Mustang or Challenger body with corresponding engines. They use either Wilwood, Stoptech or Performance Friction brakes. The cars are pretty awesome, my dad bought one of the Camaro ones from a guy up in Illinois and I have to say it's a pretty impressive car and I've been bugging him to get one of the Challenger ones instead so I can steal it from him :thumbsup:. If anyone wants more info on these cars check out their website! http://www.howeracing.com/Adobe/HoweTA20811.pdf

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.