Dodge Challenger Forum banner

'15 8.4 Nav: way to stop defaulting to iPhone?

2K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  neuor 
#1 ·
Whenever I get into my car I plug my phone in to charge it. And somehow, my car decides that I MUST want to listen to the music on it instead of the radio channel I had been enjoying. A nuisance, at worst, as I have to wait for it to switch itself to the phone music then touch the radio button to get back to what I was previously listening to.

Is there a setting somewhere that I'm missing? I hate doing this dance every time I plug my phone in.

#3 · (Edited)
This from the owners manual...

Inserting USB/iPod Device

Gently insert the USB/iPod device into the USB Port. If
you insert a USB/iPod device with the ignition ON and
the radio ON, the unit will switch to USB/iPod mode and
begin to play when you insert the device. The display
will show the track number, and index time in minutes
and seconds. Play will begin at the start of track 1.

#4 ·
Inserting USB/iPod Device

Gently insert the USB/iPod device into the USB Port. If
you insert a USB/iPod device with the ignition ON and
the radio ON, the unit will switch to USB/iPod mode and
begin to play when you insert the device. The display
will show the track number, and index time in minutes
and seconds. Play will begin at the start of track 1.

I really wish I could disable that behavior.

#5 ·
Yeah I hate that feature. But all cars seem to do it nowadays. At least my BMW and GMC both do it (one is a 2013 the other a 2014).

My BMW is really a trip. I listen to Podcasts. So I plug my phone into the car and it starts playing music from my phone. So I start up the podcasts app, hit play, and it starts for about 2 seconds, but the car, being so very smart, decides that I would rather listen to the music, so it defaults back to that. No way to listen to Podcasts without jumping through all kinds of hoops...

#6 ·
Charge your phone with the accessory plug. Why plug it into the USB?
My F150 does the same thing. Since I use an iPod for music, I charge my phone with the accy port.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.