Dodge Challenger Forum banner

2011 Uconnect update

11K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  xsdbs 
#1 · (Edited)

Hello,
In response to a PM that I received today from a member:

I know that I have this information in several threads, but I can't remember which ones. So I'm going to start a thread with the update title.
This is the update that has been out since June of 2011. It's for 2011 vehicles that were built prior to 6-1-2011 and have the Mitsubishi radios (RES, REQ, RBZ & RHB) ONLY. It is not for the Harman radios (RER, RHR).
This update will fix the "error occurred" that is displayed when connecting an iPod or Iphone to the docking cable. It will also fix the choppy audio when streaming audio thru BT.
Here are the instructions: Make sure that you DO NOT have any power interuptions during the update, for best results have the motor running so there are no interuptions).
You will need at least a 2 GB thumb drive. If you have files on the thumb drive, please delete them and format the drive (to FAT32) just to make sure that it is completely clean.
Download it to the thumb drive that has no other files on it. Turn the radio on, Place the thumb drive in the center console USB connector (on vehicles with the dealer installed unit, it should be in the glove box), press and hold the Uconnect button for about 12 - 15 seconds, you should here "update started". This process should take about 15 - 20 minutes, there will be some beeps during the process. Please listen during the update for any error message that may be said by Uconnect. When the update is completed, the radio screen will go back to a radio display. Turn the ignition off, open & close the drivers door. Wait about 1 minute, then turn the key on and test the system.

and here is the file location uconnect.upd

******NOTE**** I do have a second update for 2011 streaming audio sound quality, the update above needs to be done prior to performing the sound quality update....

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
I attempted to run this update today. The radio announced "updating" and it beeped for about 10 minutes then it said there was an error with the update file (I think it was the archive not compatible message). For reference I believe the current software version is 20.02.01 as the RBZ shows this as the "Application". Audio CPU is 081910. I'll search around to see if it was already updated.

After further investigation and opening the uconnect.upd file in Ubuntu I found a text file that shows the versions v42.12.08:v43.01.40. I wonder if my uconnect is outside of this range. I need a way to check the version without looking at the module because it might be different anyway. The quest continues.

#5 ·
Hi xsdbs,

I decided to open up the glove box to check the Uconnect module. I slipped my phone in to get a pic.

So this does not have the 4x.xx.xx software but 63.01.23. My car was built in May of 2011. I found the 63.01.23 to 63.02.48 upgrade on a Dodge Ram forum but it seems that it was intended for other than audio quality problems. My iPhone 4s and my Blackberry Pearl before it never really had any problems connecting. The big problem is that BT streaming audio is terrible.

Do you know if there is a fix in the pipeline for this module?

Thanks.

#8 ·
I must have missed this post some how. Go ahead and do the update to the 63.2.48, it does have a BT streaming audio update in it that has an enhanced Bitpool rate.

Hi xsdbs,

I decided to open up the glove box to check the Uconnect module. I slipped my phone in to get a pic.

So this does not have the 4x.xx.xx software but 63.01.23. My car was built in May of 2011. I found the 63.01.23 to 63.02.48 upgrade on a Dodge Ram forum but it seems that it was intended for other than audio quality problems. My iPhone 4s and my Blackberry Pearl before it never really had any problems connecting. The big problem is that BT streaming audio is terrible.

Do you know if there is a fix in the pipeline for this module?

Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.