Dodge Challenger Forum banner

2015 Challenger SRT, No audio

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  ChallengerDaddy 
#1 ·
Well, I was headed home today from a store I frequent and wanted to throw on some tunes. I have an iPod plugged into the center console via aux cable. Flipped on the tunes and no audio came out. I figured I had turned it down. So I flip the button on the wheel to turn up the audio and it won't turn anything up, as if it were non-responsive to my commands. Tried it on the dash to with the knob. Nothing, wouldn't turn up or down.

I pressed the green phone icon on the wheel to see if it was having audio problems, but I heard the audio prompt from *****in' betty. I figured hey it was just some wierd one time glitch, and both volume controls(wheel and knob) responded. Pressed play on my iPod again, still no audio.

I parked my car once I got home and tried plugging the iPod in via USB, no audio, and didn't even recognize that I had my iPod plugged in. As in, it wouldn't list artists, or anything of that nature, but it knew a USB device was plugged in. I turned off the car, and started it again, nothing changed. I literally have no idea what could be wrong.

Ideas or input?

#2 ·
Possible out dated ipod. Mac loves to make you buy new hardware even though everything technically works but just has outdated software that can't be updated. The 15 would have the newest updates for the newest stuff. I'm just guessing so hopefully that isn't your issue. Maybe you aux cord is to blame, try another if you have one.

#3 ·
It was working yesterday just fine, so I don't see how it is related to the iPod being outdated. It is possible that the Aux cable took a dump, but both of these things simultaneously when nothing had been removed or unplugged? Hopefully not. A buddy of mine said on new Dodge's, sometimes they just need to be reflashed. I'm going to try a reset(pressing the two buttons simultaneously) tomorrow on my way to a club event, and if that doesn't fix hopefully they'll just reflash and it will be good.

#4 ·
Ok, if it worked fine before then it has to by something simple like what you thinking. The only other thing I had a problem with once was not having a charge on the ipod and the aux cable normally charges it as it plays. It wouldn't do anything. I had to have some level of charge to get it to connect and then it played and charged. It was weird, I thought. Just another thing to keep an eye out for. Hope the reset woks for you and saves a trip to the dealer.

#6 ·
Here's the verdict:

I stepped in the car this morning and did the same reset procedure as HK and SGII owners did to get their subs to kick harder. Everything works fine now.

There also might be a placebo effect going on because I swear they kick quite a bit harder now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.