Dodge Challenger Forum banner

2016 Dodge Challenger Flash Drive Problems.

6K views 32 replies 18 participants last post by  tim s 
#1 · (Edited)

#2 ·
Maybe you need to format it first. Mine works fine. Google it.

#3 ·
Standard flash drives work fine. The only thing I can think of is Sandisk often have additional programs on the flash drive. Check the drive and if it has other junk on it, delete it.
Will the music you put on the flash drive play on your computer?

#7 ·
Standard flash drives work fine. The only thing I can think of is Sandisk often have additional programs on the flash drive. Check the drive and if it has other junk on it, delete it.
Will the music you put on the flash drive play on your computer?
Yes but it was initially in mp4 so I converted it to mp3 but on the PC both played fine.
What ever happened to being able to pop in a CD and listen to what ever you wanted?
The new cars now don't even have a CD slot anymore, I mean WTF....
It's called progress, first there was the record player, than the 8 track, tape cassette, CD, and now flash drive which you can put a ton more music on to listen to.

#6 ·
Waumo could be right. I just picked up a Sandisk flash drive to update the 8.4, and it wasn't blank. I'm not sure if that's the problem. But I would check.

#11 ·
It doesn't need to support USB3.0, the USB3.0 devices are supposed to be backwards compatible with USB2.0.

#19 ·
I use SD Cards instead of USB drives but they need to be formatted as NTFS. I bought a new card the other day, loaded it up with music, and wondered why it wouldn't load when I popped it in the media hub and then it dawned on my that I forgot to format it. Quick format as NTFS. Done.

#22 ·
Weird that a USB has to be FAT32 formatted, but an SD Card is NTFS - right?

I don't use my Bluetooth, personally - it appears that the songs that play that way are first processed through the EQ on my phone's default music player, so when they come on in my car, they're WAY over-modulated.

#23 ·
Format the SD card for FAT32 format that's what works with uConnect

#29 ·
But why is that(I sent this question by email to Dodge corporate but haven't heard back from them as of yet)?

Why does it have to be formatted or converted?

Why can't you just download the music and then 'plug and play'?

Like I said, its not user friendly.

Everything I want to listen to is already on CD's but you can no longer play CD's in this particular vehicle because they eliminated that ability.

Makes no sense to me... :dunno:

It makes sense if you understand how drives work. They have to be formatted before you can copy anything to them. Think of formatting as laying the foundation for a house, you can't build a house without a foundation. You can't copy files to a drive without it being formatted first. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#25 ·
I formatt5 as fat32 per the recommendation as I have ~ 175 gb of music ripped from my cd library
And they work properly it's likely so that the file indexing would work properly

#31 ·
Different strokes for different folks. I haven't used an audio CD in at least 10 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#33 ·
I have messed around with this for 2 years.
I keep a backup SD and USB with music or comedy on them, but:

It works much better to just let the phone over Bluetooth do everything.

That way calls, texts, and any directions from navigation interrupt and pause what ever I'm listening to, and if I do my sequence right I can transfer right over to my headset on exit and back to the car with a minimum of buttons.
It just works better.

I fought paying for data (even just 1 account) for years until I hooked up with Airvoice, now all my calls, texts and 2 GB for $18 a month.
Video will eat it up, but I've never gone over with directions and full time comedy voice streaming, even on vacation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.