Dodge Challenger Forum banner

392 Stroker Challenger Audio Build

7K views 31 replies 12 participants last post by  IMCHALLENGEN 
#1 ·
This Audio build is on a 2013 Challenger RT 392 Stoker. As you can see this Challenger has been built from the ground up with all major upgrades. The audio system is getting complete audio overhaul in stages. We are going to start in the trunk area since they needed a system in the trunk area that is fairly easy to remove on track days. But still have good balance between performance output and sound quality. Provide a custom look that seamlessly blends in with the styling cues of the car. Since I'm using higher quality equipment that's efficient, 1100 watts rms for the entire system is plenty of power for great sound.

Current Equipment that will be removed

- Rockford Fosgate Prime 1,200-Watt Class-D 1-Channel Amplifier runs 2 12" rockford subs
- Rockford Fosgate R250X4 Prime 4-Channel Amplifier Run interior Rockford speakers

Upgraded equipment

- Custom 12" stealth removable Enclosure with color LED/Acrylic trim accents
- 12" Arc Audio Arc series 12D4 V3 Subwoofer
- Custom Stealth removable Amp Rack with color LED and Acrylic trim accents
- Arc Audio XDi v2 1100.5 5 channel amplifier 150w x 4 500w x 1

The 392 Stroker pictures

Track day shoes

See less See more
#3 ·
Adopt me!

#5 ·
Then I routed out the outside face of the enclosure out of 1/2" mdf. Since Im using LEDS around the subwoofer, I next routed another panel out of 1/4" acrylic. Which will allow edge lit around the subwoofer.

Then another 1/2" MDF panel was made to sandwich the Arclyic panel. Then I attach 3/4" mdf subwoofer mounting ring to the inner panel.

#10 ·
Hey guys been busy with a few other jobs between this job. I should have the car at my garage by tomorrow to start tear down of the wiring. I had some time this week to get the enclosure wrapped up. This a little work needs to be done to the amp rack still before wrap.

The multi color LEDS in action, several color, speeds and modes to choose from.

#26 ·
Looks great... So I don't look like a fool if I visit a local shop for such an install, ballpark what can it cost to create such a sub box and amp mount on the sides like that? Aside from the sub and amp themselves, as that I am more familiar with.

tks

#27 ·
Cost depends on the custom labor rate and cost of materials in your area. East cost would be totally different cost vs west coast area. Depends if it a highend shop vs a standard car audio shop. Im a small shop but do mostly highend cars and we use premium equipment and install hardware. No comer cutting requires more time and effort during build and install. which demands a higher premium. Labor for this build $89.99/hr and had 16 hours of build time into the project. Then cost of materials ( acrylic, carpet, leds, wood, resin, and body filer )$200-$350. Then the cost of installing and setup the amplifier (5 ch ) $249. It was around $2,200 then cost of equipment. where are you located?

#29 ·
Hey guys did a few updates on this build since last time. We went fully active with the audio system using a Helix 8ch dsp using 6ch. I also updated the Rockford speakers and removed the rear speakers as rear stage is pointless. Speakers were replaced with Hybrid Audio Unity U69 midbass and Unity U3 midrange. Also the a big mod to performance department was done as well. ProCharger supercharger which bumps the power up to 1,024hp!

#31 ·
Dayum! You sir have a bad @ss car there, no doubt :thumbsup:

A Guy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.