Factory Stereo Doesn't Remember Last Position - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

Auto Insurance

Wheel & Tire Center

» Featured Product
Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Audio, Video and other Car Electronics

Audio, Video and other Car Electronics Anything that pertains to the interior electronics modifications such as stereos, A/V, lighting...not exclusive to the Challenger please feel free to share

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2012, 12:29 PM

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Factory Stereo Doesn't Remember Last Position

Hello Everyone, firstly, I'd like to apologize if I'm putting this is in the wrong place or what not. I know many of you get very upset about that, please don't kill me.

Here's my issue, please share your comments:

I turn on my car, listen to a CD or music from my USB drive that contains MP3s. I drive around, come home and turn the car off maybe in the middle of a song.

The next time I go to turn on my car, that damn stock stereo kicks on in Tuner Mode (AM/FM radio)!!!! WTF!@?

Shouldn't this thing remember where I was in my last song and automatically jump back to that? It's almost like there is no memory wire or something on this thing. I mean all stereos jump back. I'm thinkin a fuse for a constant feed may be out or something. But it memorizes my sound adjustments???NO idea.

Please assist!

Oh yea, I've got the standard Uconnect system 6 speakers, no subwoofer options, with the USB drive in the arm rest.

Much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2012, 02:56 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
If you are listening to a CD it should start playing the cd upon starting the car again. If you are using the ipod/mp3 interface it will not play from it because when the car is turned on it takes time for it to recognize the ipod/mp3 and the radio defaults to fm. Same thing happens when using BT. I remember reading a thread somewhere that there was some issues with early systems and there was a loud noise if the car was on the ipod input when the car was started.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:05 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
@Manichee, you are correct about the "pop" noise.
The issue wass that in vehicles with factory remote start systems. When the vehicle was remote started, Uconnect is not powered up yet. This is because if the vehicle is within the BT range (about 30 - 35 feet) and you tried to use your phone or had an incoming call, you wouldn't be able to talk to the other person because Uconnect would be active and your call would be active in the vehicle.
Ok, so now that we understand the "why it's noot powered up" question, lets explain the real issue:
When you get into the vehicle after remote starting it, turn the ignition on, Uconnect now will power up and you will hear a "pop" thru the car speakkers. The reason fpor the "pop" is because the radio would be in an AUX mode with no audio input signal until Uconnect powered up, read the USB or iPod to make sure that there hasn't been any changes made (after the key is turned off, uconnect doesn't know if the device has been removed or not) and that all data is still correct, then start to play. So while there would be a short period of reading, Uconnect powers up and then the "pop".
There were a lot of people thinking something was wrong and would go tto the dealer for repairs. This caused a stir in warranty so Chrysler decided to not have resume play but to go back to the last media used prior to using an iPod or USB. Then manually start the device play.
Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by Manichee View Post
If you are listening to a CD it should start playing the cd upon starting the car again. If you are using the ipod/mp3 interface it will not play from it because when the car is turned on it takes time for it to recognize the ipod/mp3 and the radio defaults to fm. Same thing happens when using BT. I remember reading a thread somewhere that there was some issues with early systems and there was a loud noise if the car was on the ipod input when the car was started.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Audio, Video and other Car Electronics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.