Help with mygig ren radio please - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Audio, Video and other Car Electronics Anything that pertains to the interior electronics modifications such as stereos, A/V, lighting...not exclusive to the Challenger please feel free to share

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 02:41 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Help with mygig ren radio please

Ok, im pulling my hair out! I purchased a mygig ren touch screen unit out of a 2009 Chrysler 300, it is a low bus unit. I installed it in my 2012 R/T challenger, which is also a low bus system, after i plugged it up the green light around the know started to flash, and nothing turned on, also my car would not start. I unpluged it and put my factory unit back in and all is well. Really would like the mygig to work, any suggestions? Just some info, my car has uconnect with voice activation. Please help, and tell me i didnt waste my money on this unit.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 07:58 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Did you double check your connections and try it again? The Low Speed should work unless there is something wrong with the unit you bought. I hope it came with a warranty or money back for DOA.

Good luck.

2008 Honda Goldwing
2011 GWE SRT8 - 6 Speed - No hole in the roof
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2012 Chrysler 300 SRT8 - No hole in the roof

Grab It, Grip It, Bang It, Beat It,......It's a Manual Thing!!
#3 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 05:18 AM

Send a message via AIM to Rudedog Send a message via Skype™ to Rudedog
Make sure the wiring harness is fully plugged in (it may seem plugged in but you really have to push on the connector)

Also make sure the ant. is plugged in (major ground for head unit)

MyPlumCrazyChallenger | Central Florida Challenger Owners

2010 Challenger R/T Classic | Plum Crazy Pearl | 6sp | sun roof | STP | Leather | Sound Group II w/Nav (730N) | Hood struts | Mopar fender flairs | MOROSO Tanks| Lockpick v.4 w/cam | Petty Garage STB | Trinity w/9r28.crom | Hust S/T shifter | BT Catch can|BT Engine bling | PASSPORT Qi45 | PCP brake calipers | AT cat back | AFR true shaker/TA hood | braided hoses | AN fittings | JBA shorties | Hi-flow cats
#4 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 07:43 AM

Just thinking out loud here so take it with a grain of salt. Are the Mopar radio units VIN locked like those from GM? It may be necessary to take it to the dealer for a program.

'11 R/T Classic, Tungsten, 6sp, Blastin Bobs !Res, Drop in K&N, !CAGS
#5 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 05:18 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedundanT View Post
Just thinking out loud here so take it with a grain of salt. Are the Mopar radio units VIN locked like those from GM? It may be necessary to take it to the dealer for a program.
No they aren't locked. I have swapped out several and never had an issue. Hopefully it is just a connection issue.

Any update OP?
#6 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 07:02 PM

Send a message via AIM to Rudedog Send a message via Skype™ to Rudedog
Rumor is the new ones 2013+ will be but the older ones are not
#7 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 12:35 PM

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudedog View Post
Rumor is the new ones 2013+ will be but the older ones are not
I was told locked units start in 2012....the radio holds the key code..not PCM...if you have key code...it can go into any car...any older unit will work no matter.. if and only if its a LOW speed....are you sure its a low speed...post the part number and I can tell you..putting in a High speed radio will render the car useless...nothing will work..I know this because I went to purchase a used mygig from someone who said it was low speed..before purchase...I place radio in car and same exact thing happen to me as original poster....I asked an engineer and he told me the same thing....car wont work with High speed

Added Mods:
Katzkin, SRT Cluster/Perf. Pages, DRL's, Homelink/Compass, RHR, Heated Mirrors, Heated Seats, 6.1 Alum Intake, Sequential's, Hurst P/Grip, Remote Start, TPMS, SRT Heated Steering Wheel, Back up Camera, HID's, SRT Suspension, Brembo Upgrade, Tint, SRT Headers/Mids/Exhaust, Blasting Bob Delete Kit, HK SGII AMP and SUB,Catch Can

D.O.D.G.E.
Devastation On Driving Grounds Everywhere
#8 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 12:57 PM
Supporting Vendor

Thanked 1,073 Times in 661 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by br8277 View Post
Ok, im pulling my hair out! I purchased a mygig ren touch screen unit out of a 2009 Chrysler 300, it is a low bus unit. I installed it in my 2012 R/T challenger, which is also a low bus system, after i plugged it up the green light around the know started to flash, and nothing turned on, also my car would not start. I unpluged it and put my factory unit back in and all is well. Really would like the mygig to work, any suggestions? Just some info, my car has uconnect with voice activation. Please help, and tell me i didnt waste my money on this unit.

Thanks
radio out of a 2009 will not work on a 2012, not a chance, 2011 and up is completetly different then earlier models, nearly all electronic devices for 2010 and earlier will not work on 2011 and up

Luke

THANK YOU FOR SHOPPING WITH US
WE WILL NOT BE UNDERSOLD!!!!!!
PLEASE VISIT
WWW.STEVEWHITEPARTS.COM
FOR THE BEST MOPAR PARTS PRICES ON THE INTERNET!!!!!!
facebook.com/stevewhiteparts1
828-324-4410
800-779-3634
#9 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 01:07 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevewhiteparts View Post
radio out of a 2009 will not work on a 2012, not a chance, 2011 and up is completetly different then earlier models, nearly all electronic devices for 2010 and earlier will not work on 2011 and up

Luke
I put a 2010 RBZ in my 2011 an it works fine.

#10 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 02:19 PM
Supporting Vendor

Thanked 1,073 Times in 661 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
different bus speed, nearly all 2010 and prior year electronics will not work on 2011 and newer vehicles, in some instance it may function, but the chance of having major glicthes is very high if not almost certain...
Luke
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Audio, Video and other Car Electronics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode