How to disable the seatbelt chime? - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

Auto Insurance

Wheel & Tire Center

» Featured Product
Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Audio, Video and other Car Electronics

Audio, Video and other Car Electronics Anything that pertains to the interior electronics modifications such as stereos, A/V, lighting...not exclusive to the Challenger please feel free to share

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2009, 10:23 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Photos: (1)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Texrock Send a message via Yahoo to Texrock Send a message via Skype™ to Texrock
Question How to disable the seatbelt chime?

Does anyone know how to disable the chime? I searched the forum but had no luck, the forum search function isn't exactly stellar.

It gets really annoying. I don't always wear my seatbelt, especially for quick trips up the road, to the store etc. Long trips/high speeds I definitely wear it.

Predator
MOPAR CAI
Hotchkis Sway bars
85 mm TB
Catch can w/braided lines
MAGNAFLOW high flow cats
MAGNAFLOW cat backs 16885
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2009, 10:39 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
It is in the owners’ manual, and it’s been a while since I disabled mine and can't remember the sequence, but I am sure someone will let you know.

Last edited by Grey Ghost; 09-14-2009 at 10:43 PM.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:47 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Photos: (1)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Texrock Send a message via Yahoo to Texrock Send a message via Skype™ to Texrock
Thanks Ghost, I'll check the owners again, I didn't see it in there last time. If anyone knows the procedure please post it also.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:50 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Challenger Tips and Tricks:

11. There's a way to disable the seat belt reminder chime: Step 1. With the ignition switch in any position except On or Start, buckle the driver side front seat belt. Step 2. Turn the ignition switch to the On position and wait for the seat belt indicator reminder function to conclude (about six seconds). Step 3. Unbuckle and buckle the driver side front seat belt three or more times, ending with the belt buckled. Step 4. Turn the ignition switch to any position except On or Start to toggle the belt-minder feature from its current setting (from active to inactive, or from inactive to active). A single chime tone will provide an audible confirmation that the programming sequence has been successfully completed. (This does NOT disable the INITIAL chime, only the nagging repeats every few seconds).
Old 06-09-2012, 07:57 PM

What about the warning light in the dash, does it stay on ? I've recently got a short in the driver's side buckle and it gives the alarm even when the belt is buckled. I just unplugged the wire under the seat and ran a jumper across the leads to fool the system into thinking the belt is buckled all the time. This is my fix until I can get it repaired. But, It kills the chime and dash warning light.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:08 AM

warning light still comes on if seat belt not fastened, but the annoying chime is gone.

2009 Deep Water Blue SE/G

Challenger fender script logos. 100th Anniversary Grille Script Logo (not coming soon, ordered beginning of Feb, on backorder, not expected till mid April). Flip-top gas cap (I'm old school, chrome fuel filler door). Spare tire.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Audio, Video and other Car Electronics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.