Latest Uconnect 730N (rhr) Radio & Nav software? - Page 2 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Audio, Video and other Car Electronics Anything that pertains to the interior electronics modifications such as stereos, A/V, lighting...not exclusive to the Challenger please feel free to share

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#11 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 09:55 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
My bad, I thought the 2014s had the larger 8" screen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#12 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 11:26 AM

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdodge View Post
so the older radios with blue background should be able to update to the newest software with the black background?
My appologies but I dont know of differnt color backgrounds...I know the RHB has a differnt look because they have a different NAV software. But IIRC..even the RER vs RHR look the same..they share the same NAV software. So I cant answer this. If you are confusing RHB vs RHR vs RER....each radio model has its own update...one does not work with all... not sure if that helps? BTW..that lates RHR software version is 2.184

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Added Mods:
Katzkin, SRT Cluster/Perf. Pages, DRL's, Homelink/Compass, RHR, Heated Mirrors, Heated Seats, 6.1 Alum Intake, Sequential's, Hurst P/Grip, Remote Start, TPMS, SRT Heated Steering Wheel, Back up Camera, HID's, SRT Suspension, Brembo Upgrade, Tint, SRT Headers/Mids/Exhaust, Blasting Bob Delete Kit, HK SGII AMP and SUB,Catch Can

D.O.D.G.E.
Devastation On Driving Grounds Everywhere
The Following User Says Thank You to Chargerdude70 For This Useful Post:
Bigdodge (08-15-2013)
#13 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerdude70 View Post
My appologies but I dont know of differnt color backgrounds...I know the RHB has a differnt look because they have a different NAV software. But IIRC..even the RER vs RHR look the same..they share the same NAV software. So I cant answer this. If you are confusing RHB vs RHR vs RER....each radio model has its own update...one does not work with all... not sure if that helps? BTW..that lates RHR software version is 2.184

I see. I was not aware they were all different software versions. Thanks for the info though.

2012 stone white SRT8 M6 w/blk stripes
Barton shifter, KW springs, AA catch can, Pioneer4000nex and my bad ass wife!
#14 (permalink) Old 08-16-2013, 02:08 AM

730N/RHR
430N/RHB
430/RBZ
130S/RES
130/RES

Those are the models in the 2012 and 2013 Challengers...and likely the exact ones in 2014.

In 2012, the backgrounds on the 730 and 430 models are blue, with different or no navigation installs, same thing applies to the 2013 models but with black theme backgrounds. The navigation software, if equipped, is really it's own install of software. The 130s are base radios and not really an issue here...although updates are available for them as well.

So will the 2013 (black backgrounds and minor menu changes) software work on the 2012s? Not sure, while same model and series, I have no idea if the actual internals are the same and from the same manufacture. Having both a 2012 and 2013, they sure look the same even when I pull them and I doubt Dodge would have swapped out the setup. So as long as you're finding the correct model RHB, RBZ, etc., you're likely to be ok, but I wouldn't want to be the first to try :-)

2014 Dodge Challenger SRT8 - Pitch Black, Automatic - 35% Tint, stealth splash guards, deep tint markers, Mopar CAI, Mopar Strut bars, Billet Catch Can and Caps, NavTool, Camera, LEDs

Last edited by Zixxer; 08-16-2013 at 02:08 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zixxer For This Useful Post:
Rambler358 (08-16-2013)
#15 (permalink) Old 08-16-2013, 04:09 AM

Garage
Subscribed... I think mine is due for an update

MODS:
Mopar CAI
3" Spintech Pro Street 6000 Custom Catback exhaust
Diablo Intune 91 OCT Tune
RWHP
363 HP/395 TQ
Charger SRT8 Replica Wheels 20x9
Hankook Ventus V12 245/45/20 on all four corners
Mopar Stage 1 Lowering Springs
Mopar Strut Tower Brace
Strobed "nostril" hood stripes
Rear Strobe Style Side Stripes
Mayhem rear spoiler blackout decal
2 10" Alpine Type R Subs
Webelectric Sequentials
#16 (permalink) Old 08-16-2013, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zixxer View Post
730N/RHR
430N/RHB
430/RBZ
130S/RES
130/RES

Those are the models in the 2012 and 2013 Challengers...and likely the exact ones in 2014.

In 2012, the backgrounds on the 730 and 430 models are blue, with different or no navigation installs, same thing applies to the 2013 models but with black theme backgrounds. The navigation software, if equipped, is really it's own install of software. The 130s are base radios and not really an issue here...although updates are available for them as well.

So will the 2013 (black backgrounds and minor menu changes) software work on the 2012s? Not sure, while same model and series, I have no idea if the actual internals are the same and from the same manufacture. Having both a 2012 and 2013, they sure look the same even when I pull them and I doubt Dodge would have swapped out the setup. So as long as you're finding the correct model RHB, RBZ, etc., you're likely to be ok, but I wouldn't want to be the first to try :-)
RHR's are manufactured by Harman Becker while RHB's are by Mitsubishi. Hench the different updates per each model. Also as you are probably aware, the NAV software’s between the two are different as well. RHB is Garmin and RHR is Navteq.
You can update a 2011 to 2014 software if update is available. Not an issue. The way its updated is. If done wrong or interrupted, you take chance of losing system files. I had this happen while doing grace notes and had to have it reloaded by dealer. Just as anything else, modder beware.

#17 (permalink) Old 08-16-2013, 10:25 AM

(Thread Starter)
Garmin uses Navteq maps. Are you saying Navteq has a different UI, or front end to the map data?
#18 (permalink) Old 08-16-2013, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler358 View Post
Garmin uses Navteq maps.
That may be true. I guess I should have made myself a little more clear. What I noticed is the UI of both look different. The RHB, as a NAV, looks (graphics wise) like my handheld Garmin. Also IIRC, the keyboard is querty vs the RHR's in a row (I dislike the RHR'S).

#19 (permalink) Old 08-16-2013, 03:26 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerdude70 View Post

I thought the latest RHR software was version 2.136? Are you sure about the 2.184 version?

2012 Tungsten RT Classic 6-speed, package 27M w/STP. 730N, sound group II and heritage wheels.

Modifications:
Volant CAI, Hurst shifter with pistol grip handle, Borla touring catback exhaust, Stant 190° thermostat, Petty 2 point front strut brace, modified Diablo Trinity 91 octane tune, 93 octane pure gas, BT coil covers, BT catch can, stock plastic engine cover delete, MGP caliper covers

MSgt, USAF Retired
Served in Desert Storm

Last edited by R/T-Randy; 08-17-2013 at 04:30 PM.
#20 (permalink) Old 08-17-2013, 06:06 AM

Yes...its not out as a download .... 300Cforums member SOX always has the latest downloadable versions on his server and will announce if and when the new ones are available.

The Following User Says Thank You to Chargerdude70 For This Useful Post:
R/T-Randy (08-17-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Audio, Video and other Car Electronics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode