RBZ Mygig 430 software upgrade - need help - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Audio, Video and other Car Electronics Anything that pertains to the interior electronics modifications such as stereos, A/V, lighting...not exclusive to the Challenger please feel free to share

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 06-25-2011, 10:54 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
(Thread Starter)
RBZ Mygig 430 software upgrade - need help

I have an RBZ mygig 430 radio. I currently have software version 08.05.01. I see there is an upgrade for this radio which takes it to software 23.04.41. When I download the software onto a disk and put it into my radio, it runs for a few seconds and then there is a red "stopped" displayed at the bottom left hand corner.

I have followed the download instructions to a T so I know that isn't the problem.

I have seen people talking about a 20.XX.XX to 23.04.41 software upgrade. I don't understand why my radio is at 08.05.01? Is there multiple versions of the mygig 430? I bought this radio from a member and I believe it came out of a 2009 or 2010 Jeep or 300C.

The reason I want to upgrade is because I do not get any album art and even though it says I have gracenotes, I have never seen it work.

All the searches I have done says that I need the Travel Link upgrade on 23.04.41.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 06-25-2011, 01:20 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
from what i gather the rbz radio is made by mitsubishi. the other mygig nav radios are harman becker. i have been unable to find software updates for the rbz radio. i discovered this info on the mygig site so i cant be positive if the info is accurate.

#3 (permalink) Old 06-27-2011, 06:07 PM

(Thread Starter)
bump..........
#4 (permalink) Old 08-17-2011, 09:47 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
8.05.01 is still the latest version for the 430/RBZ
#5 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 10:44 PM

Do the 2012 Challengers still have RBZ radios in them? I think it is the 430 non-NAV. I have RBZ in both my 2010 Challenger SE and my 2011 Durango. However, the software version is entirely different. I have 7.0.2 in the Challenger and 20.02.01 in the Durango. I am thinking that the two radios are from different manufacturers as stated above. Or, the Durango is a high CAN BUS and the Challenger is a low CAN BUS? Either way, if you guys with RBZ radios, is 8.0.5 still the latest software? I think I read a service bulletin that states if you are having trouble with your radio, you can go to the dealer and have it reloaded with version 8 under warranty. There actually is a part number for the CD. If there is a part number, I wonder if it is for sale rather than have the dealer do it. I like the features on the Durango better than my Challenger. I would like to get together with someone with the version 8 and maybe we can share pics or sit on the phone while we go through the screens to see if there benefits to upgrade from 7 to 8 and to see if 8 is the same as version 20 in my Durango.

Blackberry, the 20 version is probably the high speed radios. I see that my 2011 has a high speed bus and is running version 20. Challenger is low bus, so your 8 is probably the latest.

2010 Torred SE, 25G, Heated leather, MyGig 430 w/ Sound Group, Sunroof
Mods -Magnaflow 16500 (dual quad tips) - Chrome Clad 20" wheels - Mopar Wheel Caps - Body Color Spoiler - Chrome Fuel Door - Locking Gas Cap - Hood Struts - Functional Hood Scoops - K&N DIF - Mopar Nose Badge - Fender Extensions - RPI Splash Guards - Mopar T-Handle - Stainless Pedal Kit - HomeLink - Hands Free uconnect mic - Lockpick - Boyo rear camera - Relay on plate light - DRL activated - WebElectric Sequential Signals.

Last edited by walnetto; 07-25-2012 at 10:53 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Audio, Video and other Car Electronics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode