Dodge Challenger Forum banner

rear camera for 14 challenger

3K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  Weapon X 
#1 ·
Does anyone know of a kit or specific camera I can use.? Also any description of install thank you

#2 · (Edited)
Check Camera Source. They have universal cameras. I just installed the rear and both side blind spot cameras with a lockpick.

It's my understanding the only camera that will work with our cars us the genuine Mopar camera unless you use a Lockpick. The install wasn't hard to do, just a bit time consuming. PM me if you need more info.

#3 ·
Thank you. How and where do you put side blind spot cameras

#4 ·
It was time consuming but they barely show. They come on screen as soon as I put my turn signal on. Mounted on the arm of the side mirror. On the one picture it looks like 2 but it's just a reflection.

Attachments

#5 ·
I've been told you can get the ParkView spoiler and hook it up to your factory dash, assuming you have the nav. You might need a software update for the stereo though. This is what I am planning on doing at the end of the month. The spoiler doesn't come painted though.

#7 ·
Yes.. and that is the Mopar factory camera. It should connect to your current system.

#6 ·
Thanks guys I went and ordered a picklock v5 and a 425 boyo camera it was $280 for both. Thanks for the suggestions guys

Reactions: iamawild1
#11 ·
That's what I have been told by the parts manager, you may need an update on your radio though. You need either the 430 or the 7something. I can't recall, as I have the 430 being a 2011. I wont have the dealer do the install, i am going to my guy to talk about it this weekend. The spoiler is roughly $350, unpainted, so with install it can easily be 700 bucks depending on where you live, hoping mine isn't more than $500.

#10 ·
Thanks so much for write up. It took me 40 minutes with no hiccups to install picklock and go to 425 camera on my car. 2014 rt. It works nice in reverse and when to tap the u connect button on steering wheel. I will be installing a front camera for curbs since my car is lowered. Thanks again.

#16 ·
Here are a few pics showing the rear camera and both blind spot side cameras. They automatically come on when I turn on a blinker (sides) or put the car in reverse. Installing a switching relay to turn off the plate light when the rear camera comes on next.

Attachments

#17 ·
Update: Had the parts manager at my local dealer call Chrysler before i went and ordered the ParkView spoiler and had it painted and installed. It turns out, that it is only compatible with 14 and 15.

Reactions: iamawild1
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.