Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Remote start options

69K views 152 replies 29 participants last post by  black425 
#1 ·
Hi
Want to install remote start in the car. The dealer wants $500 parts/labor to install OEM stuff. I told them I would install OEM parts and all I want them to do is activate it. They said "No can do".
I found this:
Databus All Interface Module
It use's the original key fob and works with Chrysler/Dodge products.
Does anyone have this installed in their car?
Thanks.

#134 ·
You are correct, the "Viper Remote Smart Start" requires a yearly subscription which is only available in North America. It needs to connect to the Internet as it uses GPS satellites to locate your vehicles location and to start/turn off your car etc....

The "Viper SmartKey Bluetooth Smart Start" is an entirely different system that doesn't require a subscription. It pairs to your phone via "Bluetooth" allowing your phone to control it. So no need for a connection to the internet therefore no need for a subscription. If you go to the viper website you can easily see all the info. I will attach a photo of the side of the box where you can even see it says "No service plan required"

Product Material property Banner

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#136 ·
User

I purchased the Audiovox Flashlogic FLRSCH4 from jsalarms on eBay for a 2010 Charger SE. They flashed it before they shipped it. I plugged it in and it works great! I also connected the MUX lead to the vehicle parking light MUX (Pin # 1 WHITE/Brown Wire) to the harness from the parking light switch using a Tyco Electronics CPGI-53440-9-5 tap connector (available on eBay and at Home Depot). The entire installation start to finish took about 30 minutes. Using the factory key fob, pressing the lock button 3 times, starts the car and turns on the parking lights. When it times out and shuts down, the parking lights turn off. I highly recommend this setup and Jsalarms as your source. These guys are great!!!

#137 · (Edited)
When I ordered my 2010 RT, the parts for the remote start were not available. The dealer had a after market remote start put in the car. Then the troubles began. The car would start with the remote only once in a while. The doors would not lock or unlock all the time. The dealer then replaced the WIN module three times still no luck. They replaced the factory key Fob three times,still no luck. The dealer replaced the instrument cluster as well as the modules in the doors and still no luck. The dealer then installed three different OEM factory remote start systems and still no luck.

Then one day they were working on the car with the computer hooked up and a error code showed up. Showed the hood was open when in fact the hood was shut.

Bottom line is the plunger switch under the hood near the windshield was setting to low and the hood would make the switch only sometimes, telling the car not to start with the remote start. The dealer shimmed up the switch and never had the problem since. I know several people who have had this problem. I told them about the hood switch and the shimmed it up and their problem disappeared.

What I am getting at is if you install a remote start and have problems with the car not wanting to start all the time, check that plunger switch out.

The cost of the after market verses the OEM were close in cost. Both around $500.00

Only good thing that came out of this,Dodge gave me a Maxcare warranty, good for 999,999 miles to the year 2093.

Joe

#138 ·
Here's the message that I received from the guys at JSalarms about using the FLRSCH4 on the 2015 Challenger. Good to know. Anyone have experience with it on the 2015?

We currently do not know if this will work on that vehicle yet since it is so new.
Thank You
-Tyler H.
eBay Sales Manager
J's Alarms & Car Audio

Call us at 559-264-9111
Monday - Saturday 9AM-5PM PST

#141 ·
I hope your joking? But if not, no you cannot park in gear and remote start.

I have a 2015 srt m6 that i will be adding the viper smart start to using the 4x10 and the T harness. Had it in my 13 Ram and worked very well. I'll post back once I have it installed. But looking at all the stuff online, should be pretty straight forward / plug and play.

#143 ·
I went with the omega link OL-RS-CH4 for my 09 SE. Works the same as the flash logic by being just plug n play, tapped into the parking lights for those (wire color is the same on the t harness). Comes with an aftermarket hood pin if you don't have one but I haven't wired it in due to having an issue finding the right spot for it. But it works just fine and is the same 3 button press of the factory keyfob lock button to start. Bought it for 80 shipped by sonicelectronix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#144 ·
Interesting. Everything about the Omega product is identical to the Flash Logic unit, even the website. I guess it's a re-brand. The price is great on the Omega!
I've had the Flash Logic installed on my '13 R/T going on three years without a glitch. Some of the best money I've spent on the car.

#148 ·
Mine came with a hood pin but the car already had one from the factory. So, I didn't have to install the pin. However, I didn't hook up the existing pin either. It's been almost three years so I don't remember exactly why, maybe I couldn't locate the wire, or whatever. But, I didn't think it was necessary so I never gave a lot of thought to it.

The factory pin is located under the hood on the passenger side near the hood hinge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.