Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Sequentials install tips threads ?

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  SacTownMan 
#1 · (Edited)
Finally gave in and ordered the Mopar sequentials, no WE's for me. But the WE instructions are better prepared with photos. I know there are several detailed threads with the "what not to do" tips and tricks. Anyone remember specific threads that have the best install directions, tips, tricks, etc. I'd appreciate help finding those threads as the Mopar kit will be here in a day or two, sure would like to be able to say "It was a breeze, did it in a hour, etc." Thanks

www.facebook.com/challengerownersoflasvegas

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I think the best advice here is follow the instructions and take your time. Make sure you layout a blanket to set all your parts on and just go over it slowly. There isn't allot of things you can mess up, but don't force things b/c everything is plastic.

#4 ·
Thanks, thought there were a couple of hard to see/find attach areas that required careful removal. Looking forward to the install.

#5 ·
The center lamp assembly is the most involved:

Two Torx screws at the ends
Two large push-pin retainers @ bottom of lens/trunk
4 wingnuts on backside of lamp assy.
2 end trim panels to slide out (first) to reveal Torx screws - they slide straight back - toward rear of car to disengage the tabs

You'll have to pull lens straight out - there's a center plastic nib/retainer that holds tight.

Be careful - the wire harness isn't all that long (there's a 2nd one for the '11+ cars for the Keyless Trunk release sensor/button)

Removing the female connector from its retainer clip is a bit of fun too.

Just take your time

The L & R lamp housings are easy to R & R...

Reactions: KaptainSpaulding
#6 ·
I used the MOPAR and WE instructions side by side. worked well.

#7 ·
Mopar sequentials installed in about an hour. As long as you have the correct pry tools it's a snap. They tested perfectly, glad I passed on the WE's and went with MOPAR, worth the wait. Could probably do the next one in 30 minutes, and probably will because the wife wants them on her Furious Fuchsia.

#8 ·
Echo the 30 min part. The first time is slow because you can fight taking the wiring plug off of the back of the taillights. An extra set of hands is nice taking off the center section but either way the Mopar instructions are sad! Just take your time and do it right. There is a thread on a competing Challenger site with pics.

The best part is looking at those poor Mustang owners faces when they see how killer the sequential lights look on our cars vs theirs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.