Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Well I got my stereo conversion done!!!

2K views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  doughboy 
#1 · (Edited)
Got my head unit swap done..I had it up for trade on here in hopes of gettin a 430 or 730 in trade but nothing came thru so I said f*() it and put it in the challenger!! Thanks to a fella on here for giving me some very helpful info on what to get and what to use it was a simple process..I shopped around and got my harness for around 119.00 wich was a killer deal and it came with dash kit and antenna adapter too!! I got the go pro 4 harness from PAC wich has the steering wheel retention and the canbus units all in one so it made install easy. So took everything apart...only to find out that a small amount of cutting needed to be done on the inside of dash..not a big deal so i hot knifed it to make a clean cut with no mess at all. Then installed it all an it sounded great..i kinda miss the uconnect for my phone...this stereo has bluetooth and phone but im having a problem finding the perfect placement for the mic..it works fine but not as clear and nicely as my uconnect. I uploaded a few screensavers to the deck for a cool look so heres a few pics below...can anyone tell me where they put they mic for the best operation and clarity? I have mine under the starter button on that little ledge

#2 · (Edited)

Reactions: mznbty
#3 ·
Looks good. I wonder if you can tap into the factory mic?

#4 ·
That's a killer idea...anyone else done this????

#5 ·
Man ma pics are blluuurrrryyyyy lol

#6 ·
Here's my guess on the factory mic.

When you were installing the new head unit, did you have a small plug without a hole? It's about 1/4 the size of the main harness. I'm betting that's the uConnect mic.

Here's some reading material from a jeep forum I came across via google: Wiring Uconnect Microphone from 130/430N to 730N - Jeep Wrangler Forum

I have no idea if it's relevant because it's a good bit of reading and doesn't apply to me, but it might be a good place to start.

#7 ·
Thanks for the help man..you've been very helpful throu this whole thing..I owe ya one! Not to sound dumb but I got confused with your last post..we're you referring to a leftover plug in factory harness or in the aftermarket harness?

#8 ·
The factory connection. My radio had 2 plugs. Here's a picture of the one I'm talking about (the female counterpart to the plug I'm talking about)

Looks the same as that wrangler guy's pictures. Whatever he did might work for you. If you figure it out, be sure you take plenty of pictures and post it. I'm sure tons of others would appreciate knowing how to do this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.