Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Ottawa, Kanata, Richmond, Barrhaven - Challenger Owners

9K views 26 replies 7 participants last post by  cptseawolf 
#1 ·
Good to be back! My last post was May 2012 when I owned a 2009 Challenger SXT. Have since sold it but today I just drove home a new 2014 SXT. I am sooooo thankful that I own another one!!! It was going to
drive me insane to watch another Challenger pass me by without owning one.

I have to dress him up a bit - go-wing (Ebay?), dual hood stripes (found some company down in Texas)
fog lights and sequential tail lights - had those on the 2009, bought them from a forum member.

If anyone can recommend where to buy any of the above or your experiences with them, I would be
grateful. Thanks!

#2 ·
Got the go-wing, the dual hood stripes and fog light kit ordered. Didn't know that the car is already
pre-wired for the fog lights. Just have to look into the sequestered tail lights. Takes a lot of time going
through the forum to look things up. Hate sitting in front of the computer.

#4 ·
Parts

Hey Dee,

I picked up a set of the Mopar sequential tail lights from a seller on eBay for $140. The hardest part of the install is getting the panel off and back on to the trunk.

#5 ·
Hi Outatime,

I bought the go-wing and the sequential tail lights (Mopar) off of Ebay also. The hood T decals came from Big Worm. Got the wing, decals and fog lights on. Then drove the car to a Dodge dealership to install the sequentials and they told me that they were too busy (I had an appointment) to put them on, that things "went sideways" yesterday and couldn't do it. Never had that happen before. So have a new appt. next week.

Have some coloured film I might try on the fog lights.

#7 ·
Hate when they do that! I don't get the point of making an appointment if they are going to treat me as first come first serve. This happened to me recently and I told him appointment has a totally different meaning in his dictionary.

Where abouts are you? I have an 14 sxt as well. I recently installrd CAI in it and just about to order my fog lights from stevewhiteparts (he's a vendor here),
now next thing are the rims. I cannot decided whether to get a spoiler or not.

#8 ·
Naviephull,

How are you liking your CAI? I basically know what it is. Will have to read up on it more.

The car is at the dealership right now, dropped it off at 10:am, just called, they are only getting to it now (sequential tail lights). I don't think anything went sideways yesterday at the dealership - I bet their main guy that does the electronics wasn't there. Having my first issue with the car - yesterday, first time out that day, put car in reverse, backed out, put it in drive and du-du-du - it stuttered. Not the engine, but it sounded like the transmission. And it did the same thing this morning except it was a longer stutter. I couldn't feel it, but you definately heard it. Bet it won't do it at the dealership - both times it happened was when the car was sitting overnight.

I am just outside of Ottawa. I have been walking around lately and have discovered 3 other challengers in the area. This SXT has a lot more on it than my 2009 - dual exhaust for one (I put magnaflow on the 09 and it was great), sirius radio, bluetooth, mich. pilot tires, lether steering wheel, etc. Too bad it didn't come with the fog lights. And I am loving the granite crystal paint. I was lucky that the car came in my fav colour (but I do love the puple) and no spoiler because I am a fan of go-wings.

#9 ·
I love the CAI, I installed it myself and its great. You get that extra roar out of it when it's just about to change to the next gear. I heard mopar discontinued the sequential lights. I wanted to get them on mine as well. I am thinking of getting boss or American racing rims and getting the lip wrapped in the same color as my strips (not too much into the face contrast). I have been playing around with this thought lol.

Too bad that Canada charges so much on the shipping handling and duties when something ships here. :(

#11 ·
I love the CAI, I installed it myself and its great. You get that extra roar out of it when it's just about to change to the next gear. I heard mopar discontinued the sequential lights. I wanted to get them on mine as well. I am thinking of getting boss or American racing rims and getting the lip wrapped in the same color as my strips (not too much into the face contrast). I have been playing around with this thought lol.

Too bad that Canada charges so much on the shipping handling and duties when something ships here. :(

I just looked up the seller on Ebay that I bought the Mopar harness off of and he is sold out. Did a search and nothing came up. So maybe they have stopped making them like you said. But on the 09, I bought my set off of someone called Bo on this forum - he made up the kits himself, and they worked fine if not a tad on the fast side. A friend of mine installed them.

I live about 45 minutes away from the U.S. border. Any item that has ridiculously high shipping rates to Canada, gets shipped to Ogdensburg. Yes, I have to pay duty and taxes, but not idiotic shipping. The film I might use on my fog lights was $7. Ship to Canada? $55. To the U.S. free. Also, I (and a ton of other Canadian shoppers) skip sellers that use GPS Global Parcel Service. Not that great shipping rates, and you don't find out the final cost until you pay - the GPS company adds on their own duty with the taxes. Who buys something without knowing the total cost?

#10 ·
OFFTOPIC ALERT! I have been going to a couple of car meets lately and what disappointments me is that there is not even a single challenger present in them (except mine lol)

After the recent car meet I went to I noticed how similar car "crews" were park together and I didn't see a Challenger group. Since then I have been on a mission to get challys together and visit one of these car meets with all those import cars. I am planning on posting this on the main page.

#12 ·
Car meets: in 2009, there was one in Ottawa for Challenger owners. That was it! We tried to arrange another one, but either people could not agree on where to meet or it rained or someone couldn't make it. Too bad, everyone was really nice. So I skulked around Hazeldean Mall on Tuesday nights - that is our car night in Kanata. Most times I was the only Challenger, but sometimes a couple others would show up. Haven't gone this year.

Car is ready, guy said the lights look cool, but no knows what the noise was.

#14 ·
Hi Naviephull,

Bad day for cottages and driving. The lights look great. Mopar sequential kits can still be had on a few sites out there. I have a question about the harness, don't you think it would take the same bulbs that are already in the Challengers??? It wouldn't make sense not to. The kit (not Mopar) I bought in 2009 used the same bulbs. At the dealership, they charged me for installation and bulbs. Eh? And they didn't give me the old ones back. It was after hours when I had picked the car up. Will call them tomorrow.

Did you get the ton of rain we received today?

#15 ·
Hey Dee!

Whichever video/manual I have looked at uses the stock bulbs. It will make sense if they use bulbs which control the sequence individually rather than the harness.

They should have given you the bulbs back since there was nothing wrong with them. It wasn't a repair job but just a matter of switching the whole thing with the new kit you got.

I work in downtown toronto (i live in caledon area) and I didn't see any rain. It was gloomy as hell and depressing for sure :/.

Do you drive your car all year round?

Hi Naviephull,

Bad day for cottages and driving. The lights look great. Mopar sequential kits can still be had on a few sites out there. I have a question about the harness, don't you think it would take the same bulbs that are already in the Challengers??? It wouldn't make sense not to. The kit (not Mopar) I bought in 2009 used the same bulbs. At the dealership, they charged me for installation and bulbs. Eh? And they didn't give me the old ones back. It was after hours when I had picked the car up. Will call them tomorrow.

Did you get the ton of rain we received today?

#16 ·
Hiya Naviephull - is there a way to change one's userid? I used Dee in 09 and I don't like it. I am sure when I call the dealership, the bulbs will be long gone... this dealership isn't the best. Bought the 09 from them, would never buy another car there. Got this one in Oakville - drove right past you! Actually I saw 4 Challengers on the way down there. This car was a miracle - my fav colour, no spoiler and an extremely good deal.

No, I don't drive it year round. I have another car for the winter. They are a good car in winter though. It will be in the garage, and every two weeks I will start him up and run him for 15 mins. With stabilizer in the gas. The 09 didn't have a problem with this. Soooo much rain today, the backyard had a small lake in it.

#18 ·
Yeah I tried changing mine and wasn't successfull in it lol. I know one of the guys who is a sales agent and gives me good deals at the dealership I go to. We bought around 5 - 6 mopar vehicles from him. Although i musy say their service department is BAD. The only reason I take it there because it's convenient for me.

I drive mine all year round. I am a recent graduate and do not have too much money to afford two cars at this moment. It's handles pretty well I must say. I want to lower it on 20s and not too sure how it will react in the snow, specially in caledon area.

Also I leave for GO station around 5.30 in the morning even before they clean the snow off of the roads.

#19 ·
I went to the topic: ChallengerTalk website problems, scrolled down, and sure enough someone asked the question, 'username change.' One of the monitors has a link to search all the userids here to find out if the one you want is taken. Mine isn't so I put in a request.

#22 ·
Hi I bought the web electronics kit online from Rick Hendricks Chrysler ( NASCAR Hendricks fame of all place's) and had warren at "Tint FX" install them here in Ottawa (Orleans). does a great job and knows what he is doing. they work great but do flash quickly.
cheers

#27 ·
Hello

I see this has not been updated in a while.

I am Eric in Ottawa and own a 2016 RT Scat pack Shaker.

Have few RT parts available.

Police steel rims and centre caps, will not fit Scat due to Brembo brakes.

Thanks
Hey, I have 4 fast 18" alum rims and cont winter contact si's that I no longer need as I got a winter car now. 1.5 seasons on them if anyone is interested

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.