Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Group Buy on Barton shifters!!!! We will need atleast 10 orders

51K views 298 replies 94 participants last post by  ScatPack Widebody Shaker 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

We have had a handful of people ask for a group buy. We will need atleast 10 orders to make this happen. Also once we hit that marker everyone will have to order the shifter within a 1 week time frame. We will figure out that week once we hit our number, we would like to keep this up for atleast a week and give people an opportunity to enter for this.

We will take off $30 for the OEM option which is currently being sold at $400, so with the group buy discount it will be $ 370.

The Flat stick and ball option we will take off $40, which is currently being sold at $474. With the group buy discount will be $434.

We try to tell our customers that if you buy our OEM option, and you call up later to get the flat stick portion it will be an additional $125 shipped. If you get the flat stick option now, you can always change between the two.

We want to thank everyone for your awesome support, and we hope everyone loves their BARTON shifters.

See less See more
#8 ·
If I can get a discount at a later date for the pistol grip

I'd order the one with the ball grip as part of this group....

#10 · (Edited)
Count me in for the flat stick.

I wonder if we'll get 10 orders though, manual transmission challengers are definitely in the minority around here.

To anyone on the fence about it, it's a fantastic shifter, and there's never a better time to pick one up than now.

A quality, American made product, unlike some other shifters for our cars.

#12 ·
I'm in. Definitely want the flat stick option.

I won't be back to America until October. I will gladly pay for it whenever, if you guys can delay the shipping until I get back and get a place to live!

#14 · (Edited)
Hmmm... I may be interested in keeping my oem grip with the barton shifter.

It doesn't affect any aspect of the shift correct? Are they about the same height?

Also, if I do decide to go with the flat stick, can the '15 ball top be put on the flat stick instead of the barton ball?

#22 · (Edited)
Hmmm... I may be interested in keeping my oem grip with the barton shifter.

It doesn't affect any aspect of the shift correct? Are they about the same height?
I'd love to get in on it, but I've already got a Barton. LOVE IT. (no Barton doesn't pay me... just really happy with the product) :p

As for the question above- if you follow Barton's online video and mount the factory stick on the rear-facing face of the mounting block on the Barton shifter, the stick will wind up right back at factory height and position (you can actually adjust left-to-right to move the whole pattern closer to your leg or further away as you choose). The Barton Shifter has a shorter throw, so the entire pattern is "smaller" than with the stock shifter.

I discovered that you can also mount the factory stick to the FRONT side of the Barton shifter mounting block (the flat stick uses both front and back mountings), and it will move the pattern forward about 1-1/2 to 2 inches. I found this a help because pulling into 4th I would always bang my elbow on the SRT seatback side bolster- moving the pattern forward made it much more comfortable for me because of the way I sit, amount I have the seat reclined, and so on. You can still adjust it left-right as well, but I found that forward and centered was perfect. Some might not like it because if you ever "palm" the pistol-grip with a finger extended partially, you might bump one of the HVAC knobs. But for me its a non-issue since I pistol-grip it, and much more comfortable than almost missing 4th because my elbow hit the seatback bolster.

#16 ·
The OEM option is the same height as the factory shifter. The 15 shift knob will not screw down on our Flat stick option you would have to use the shift knob provided or order a shift ball from another company with the thread pitch of (m12 x 1.25).

#27 · (Edited)
nevermind

#29 · (Edited)
Nevermind

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.