Dodge Challenger Forum banner

2016 order date

5K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  toasteroven 
#1 ·
I've heard Mid July 14ish, August 21. I've heard that the 2015's will roll over. I've heard that if your 2015 wasn't built you should re-order a 2016. Any in site on prices and options for 2016?

Ya I know there are a lot of unknowns.

Ordered my car on 9/9/14, order placed on 12/31/14 been in VON/BX since.

#12 · (Edited)
2015 production should continue til about Sep 15. 2016 production will begin Sep 21. Order banks for 2016 open either Aug 17 or 25. Official information from Dodge on 2016 options, colors and prices probably not til late July or early August.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
-Go Mango and Plum Crazy Purple - verified by RS
-Updated UConnect features - Five big updates for 2016 Uconnect 8.4 | FCA Corporate Blog
- 5yr / 60,000mi powertrain warranty (down from 5yr / 100,000mi)

#5 ·
Confirmed dates from RS...
2015 Production End: September 18
Do you guys think this is only to fill existing orders or is there any possibility a 2015 could still be ordered?

Unfortunately every single Dodge dealer I've dealt with within a 150 mile range has been completely useless. I had a salesperson text me 2-3 times a week, asking me if I was free to "stop in" after telling me that I "will not find a Hellcat anywhere for sale". Why would I want to come in, I asked? "I thought maybe you wanted to look at some other cars we have in stock". o_O

#8 ·
Is there any truth to this statement:

The production line is closed briefly twice per year.
1. Mid-model year, to re-adjust tooling for normal wear during production.
2. End model year, to either re-tool (if necessary) or adjust tooling for normal wear during production.

I was asking a dealer when the order banks closed for '15 and opened for '16, and he mentioned this.

If so, would it be good to try and order a month or so after these "adjustments" so the production quality is a bit better?

#10 ·
I was at my dealer today inquiring about ordering a 2016 and he said he had no information on them yet, but did say he has one 2015 Hellcat coming in that was not going to a customer. It is white with black interior and red seat belts. It also has a 6 speed. Apparently they are out of automatics, thus you cannot get a Charger Hellcat at all because it only comes with the automatic. I want the auto so am hoping they remedy their supply issue by time the 2016's go into production. Have a 2013 RT Classic I'll be selling. It has about 4200 miles on it. Still has that new car smell :).

#11 ·
These went out yesterday as written in another thread on this site... Still a few autos making it out there.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Transport

#13 ·

Reactions: Rusrec00
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.