Dodge Challenger Forum banner

2017 Speculations/Information

11K views 46 replies 16 participants last post by  murderedRT 
#1 · (Edited)
Gonna order a 2017 Hellcat around August, and as you can imagine the anticipation is killing me.

Does anyone know any information as to colors, options, and etc. for the 2017's yet?

I'm hoping for Go Mango with the race stripes. But the wife wants the B5 with the satin hood.

Anyone have any leads?

#2 ·
Well your wife won't be happy but Go Mango will almost certainly carry over to 2017. Also will have a better Uconnect a la 2017 Chrysler Pacifica, other than that, probably minimal changes.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Thanks. I had no idea B5 was discontinued. So it's a toss up between Go Mango, and Graphite.

Where are you guys getting this info? I can't seem to find anything.

I talked to my guy at my local dealer, and he said there is no solid information for anything yet.

#5 ·
There's no guaranty Go Mango will or will not be carried over, but I don't see why you wouldn't take advantage of a '16 sitting on a lot, unless you're the type that says, "it's already a year old model." The best deals can usually be had when a dealer wants to move existing inventory, rather than order something. I don't see any major changes happening between the 2 model years. Since I'm getting a Go mango car this month, I personally hope they don't carry the color over so there are less of them around. If it's a big seller, than they'd be stupid not to though.

#13 ·
Would love to know for sure too, some of these cars could be in transit as well. Think the last B5 Blue Hellcat was built last week so some are still arriving.

#14 ·
I guess that I'm doubting Cars.com, or possibly how they "gather" and then show data for specific cars.

I spent quite a bit of time looking for used R/TC's last year, and sort results versus cars really available at the time I was searching, were kind of frustrating at the least.

Myself, I just don't know how they manipulate the real numbers, based on my time looking at used.

#15 · (Edited)
August is when I'll be ready to order. But if I can't then I'll order whentever I can. I'm not the type that has to have the latest. But from everything I gather 2017 will be the last year for the Hellcat with a Hemi. If that holds true I want a 2017.

I also don't want one that was built to someone elses liking. There could be 50,000 Hellcat Challengers on lots across America, and I'll still order the one I want. I see nothing wrong with that, and I'm not the type that has to have things NOW, NOW, NOW.

If I'm gonna pay $70k+ for a car it'll be my way. Not someone elses.

#17 ·
They come pretty much loaded from the factory. There are only a few additional options. You should definitely get what you want, but if cost is a factor to you dealers are coming off MSRP pretty routinely now for cars in inventory. I get ordering a car I did it with my SP and it was great. I found a deal I couldn't pass up on my HC that a rural dealer had in inventory.

#23 ·
Yeah I'm for auto. Don't get me wrong I love the M6 cars. I owned one before my Scat Pack, and loved it. But for drag, and just all out comfort in driving the auto is the way to go.

I'm an active driver but that's too active for my tastes.

#24 ·
I like the manual cars as well but these old knees have said enough's enough. I'll be looking for an A8 when the time comes. My commute to work has 12 traffic lights and 5 stop signs with a max posted speed of 45mph and 35mph in most of the areas. The rest of my driving is on interstates and short of on/off ramps, where would you need to shift.

#27 ·
I will say the manual hellcat is the best manual I've ever driven in traffic. It is way less "Bucky" than my 392 was and there is no shifting constantly between 1st and 2nd. I think you could leave the HC in 2nd or 3rd on backroads and drive it around almost like it's a automatic. I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#25 ·
The order banks for '17 are projected to open mid August and first build are projected for mid October
So far the colors carry over except Ivory White and Go Mango will like carry over for start of '17 model year

Reactions: murderedRT
#28 ·
Thanks, Hal. I think the Granite looks pretty good. It reminds me of the old days when you'd see old hotrods running around under primer. Which I liked, and think looks better than some cars with actual paint.

My wife is on me about getting a wild color. But to be honest, after this Sublime Scat Pack I'm not so sure I want another high impact. People are just drawn to it like flies on **** for some reason. I have folks stop in front of the house all the time taking pictures of it. If I don't see at least 1 person breaking their neck to get a look every time I drive it there's something wrong. Literally. And it's not that I see anything wrong with that. I'm just getting to the point that I just want to fly under the radar for a while. Not that driving a Hellcat is flying under the radar but I don't have to make it worse. Ya know?

#32 ·
from RS...

These are early and tentative but looks like these are the colors for 2017:

4 new colors!

PAR Maximum Steel Metallic
PAU Granite Crystal Metallic
PBX Jazz Blue Pearl
PDN Ceramic Gray (new!)
PGM Green Go (new!)
PR3 TorRed
PRV Velvet Red Pearl (new!)
PRY Redline Pearl
PSC Billet Metallic
PW7 Bright White
PX8 Black
PY4 Yellow Jacket (new!)

Go Mango is nowhere to be found so guess it will die early in 17 to make way for Yellow Jacket.

#36 ·
My word, is it Christmas already? I was holding out until '17 for Android Auto, but I like both ceramic grey AND velvet red pearl better than any color offered since the refresh in '15. A Challenger Scat Pack with dark wheels and ceramic grey paint will be downright sinister, and the velvet red would give some color without the flash of the "high impact" options. I'm surprised how excited this news has me today!

Here are examples. I believe they are calling the paint on this '17 300S Sport Appearance Package "ceremaic grey." The second link is to photos of a 200 in velvet red.

CERAMIC: Chrysler Debuts Handsome Sport Appearance Packages for 300S ?*News ?*Car and Driver | Car and Driver Blog

VELVET RED: Review: 2015 Chrysler 200C AWD | Canadian Auto Review

#34 ·
There are always those EXISTING yellow Challenger owners that may want to upgrade from their current model, or just have yellow in the '15 refresh version. If I had a 5 year old yellow Challenger that's getting up there in mileage, I'd seriously consider replacing it. That figure in itself is a decent amount of sales.

#35 ·
The Yellow Jacket was high priced and the wrong car at the wrong time. Detonator I think would look better but regardless, the Yellow Jacket paint (not whole car this time) will sell.

#38 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.