Dodge Challenger Forum banner

2nd Night at Drag Strip

3K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  EricG 
#1 ·
I got three more good consistent runs in the Hellcat A8 with Mickey Thompson DR's

10.87 @ 126.91
10.86 @ 127.09
10.86 @ 126.98

The car is so consistent it is amazing

Attachments

See less See more
#16 ·
Killer runs IndyBill. :thumbsup:
Car runs very consistent as you stated.

How do you know that it made no difference at all?
(Not being facetious, just curious and would like to know why and how you know that the 100 octane gas made no difference. Thanks.)
Two weeks before without race gas, the first time out with the car and in slightly worse conditions I got three runs, 10.92, 10,92 and 10.89 all at 127. Therefore these three runs in slightly better conditions netted nothing from adding race gas this time out.

#12 ·
Awesome and you beat that tubbed out, dedicated track car too! Any spin from the tires or are you dead hooking? Still letting the auto shift itself? Have you tried manually shifting?

I'm asking all these questions because I'm going to the track Saturday!

#13 ·
Awesome and you beat that tubbed out, dedicated track car too! Any spin from the tires or are you dead hooking? Still letting the auto shift itself? Have you tried manually shifting?

I'm asking all these questions because I'm going to the track Saturday!
I tried manually shifting one time last night and hit the rev limiter on the 1-2 shift and didnt realize it was going into 5th gear in the quarter so it again hit the rev limiter and I finished on the rev limiter. It still went 11.12 LOL. I will simply let it shift itself, easier and more consistent.

With those tires, it is dead hooking!

Reactions: DGatzby
#19 ·
Way to represent!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.