Dodge Challenger Forum banner

After 7 months of VON hell....

4K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  cjohn7 
#1 ·
I finally got the call that my order has been assigned a VIN!

Ordered Sept 22nd.
VIN on March 30th.

Now the real impatience begins...

Reactions: Supercharged_Fun
#2 ·
Congrats on the Vin and you're probably right about the patience for a few months Id think.

#4 ·
Does anyone know based on recent builds, how long it takes from VIN to delivery?
Just want to know if it will be weeks or months.

#8 ·
There were 12 orders ahead of mine when I placed the order. Not sure if they went in order or not. I know they got 3 in one month at least once.

#9 ·
If it helps, for my Hellcat order:
Deposit made 9/9/14 (means nothing other than I got first dibs at the dealership to order B5 blue when it opened up)
Finally ordered 1/12/15 when B5 opened up
VIN assigned 3/2/15 (D status)
Informed 3/26/15 of D1 status and a scheduled built date of 4/10/15
Arrive at Dealership???? 8 weeks from Built date?

I am told by my dealer that the latest Hellcat they've got coming is expected to arrive at the dealer on April 2. If it arrives on that date it will have been 8 weeks from the built date (not the D status or D1 status date) to the arrival date in Florida. They tell me thats how long the last few Hellcats have taken. They've been getting one a month and VIN assigned one a month. They have 8 more orders in the bank and not accepting any more.

That's alot longer than I originally anticpated but oh well...I know it coming!

If this timeframe hold true for you, you'll probably be built in early May and delivered in late June.

I'll stop back when mine comes in and let you know what my exact timeframe ended up being.

#12 ·
That is too funny...only all so true.
My hellcat will be arriving at the same time my wife gives birth to our twins! Late May.

I'm not sure which I'm going to be more excited about... JUST KIDDING!:wink3:

#17 ·
My RT took over 3 months to arrive after order. The SRT arrived in 29 days. Could be anywhere from 30-120 days. Stand bye.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#19 ·
My salesman told me he got the Vin #s for four HCs he has on order today.

Told me a guy with a black on black HC Charger he sold/ delivered was in last week for some sort of service. Said the car still has the 30 day paper tags and the rear tires were shot!!! Too much fun!!

#20 ·
Thanks all. I'm real excited about the Hellcat but more so about the newborns.

Has anyone successfully used the Jeep VOTs website (with the Chrome plug-in)?
If so, approximately how long did it take before the VIN showed up?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.