Votes: 3 6.1%
  • No updates just yet

Votes: 14 28.6%
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Frederick Hellcat orders

115K views 537 replies 88 participants last post by  Supercharged_Fun 
#1 · (Edited)
Since it appears that there are a handful of forum members that have ordered Hellcats from Bob I am curious just how many of us there are and what, if any updates you have received or if you have received a VIN. I know that in his canned email that he sent to everyone with their VONs he stated that it could be a couple months before we see anything from him. Curious, if anyone made the first cut.

It appears I didnt make the first run and will admit am worried if I'll make the second. :(

#149 ·
I'm sorry you guys are having all these problems obtaining your Hellcats. I've had no trouble at all. I live in Jersey and found a dealer in Nebraska that's said to be one of the top SRT dealers in the country. I contacted them on 8/4 and placed a deposit the same day. My order got placed on 9/9 and shortly thereafter I received a build sheet listing my VIN, VON, and asking price, which incidentally was MSRP. The vehicle now is in D1 status is supposed to reach assembly during the week of 10/13. Its priority status is 01, which SRT explained means that it's in the first production run. My only real concern now is finding a capable auto transport service to bring it home. Good luck, guys!

#150 · (Edited)
Mine wouldn't have been in the first production anyway. Options... And of course
as time went on, more and more options were added to "Late Availability" so you
either took what they gave you, and got a car you didn't want.... Or you are in the
same boat with the rest of us.

If all you wanted was a car with paint on it and a an Auto or Stick you would get it.
But it seems like everything else magically got delayed.

I'm sure when the dust settles there are going to be more than a few pissed off former Dodge owners.

#151 · (Edited)
Toxic look at the big picture. I think you went for price with Bob. I also looked at Bob he delived big time in 2009-2010 when it was impossible to get a Challenger. But I stepped back a minute and asked myself can this guy deliver all these units he is talking deposits for? So I switched gears went in another direction. I didn't need anything extra but I wanted a sunroof oh well now no sunroof. I wanted updated sound system got that. Don't care about wheels have some Custom Triumph being made so the factory wheels are coming off asap. I think these cars will be very difficult to obtain period. I see a short 2015 run with the same allocation dealers getting 1-2 units max. The loyalty of being a Dodge owner is kinda out the window. Its being in the right Dealer that counts more than Brand Loyal.

#153 ·
So everyone knows these are limited availability cars, but your pissed because your dealer "dicked" you around and now your probably 20+ on a list waiting on a car, now your coming to realize is a long shot at best. Hey I gave up a hood, but my dealer said they would paint it for the same price if I still wanted it within the first year. Hey if want shoot me a pm and I'll give the # to the sales manager where I bought mine, they were alotted 3 this first batch and don't think they have any more on order than the alotted cars.

#154 · (Edited)
So everyone knows these are limited availability cars, but your pissed because your dealer "dicked" you around and now your probably 20+ on a list waiting on a car, now your coming to realize is a long shot at best. Hey I gave up a hood, but my dealer said they would paint it for the same price if I still wanted it within the first year. Hey if want shoot me a pm and I'll give the # to the sales manager where I bought mine, they were alotted 3 this first batch and don't think they have any more on order than the alotted cars.
Limited currently because of current supply/allocation, not because it is a long-term, limited production vehicle.

Reactions: Denzien
#156 ·
Limited is matter of perspective. Dodge has never backed off calling these Halo cars they'll be built in miniscule #s compared to other models and total Dodge output. While they might have some head room to produce more faster, doing any significant change to output capability wouldn't be cost effective just for initial demand that will level off. We'll first see some production increase just to get to goal resulting from overcoming logistics and qc that will be the 1st focus.

#157 ·
Limited is matter of perspective. Dodge has never backed off calling these Halo cars they'll be built in miniscule #s compared to other models and total Dodge output. While they might have some head room to produce more faster, doing any significant change to output capability wouldn't be cost effective just for initial demand that will level off. We'll first see some production increase just to get to goal resulting from overcoming logistics and qc that will be the 1st focus.

No doubt, compared to a Dodge Caravan it's numbers are miniscule. But within the lines of the Challenger it's
not that elusive even at 2k of them. I also realize this car has brought in people who never would have bought
a Challenger before, which is a great thing.

Like I've said before, all I can do is wait and see what happens. I want a very particular car with a bunch of
options that can't even be ordered at the moment, so I would be waiting no matter what. And I am certainly
in no hurry to get the car, I don't have the urge to be the first member on CT to say "I got my car". I just
want to get "A" car! :grin2:

#160 ·
I fortunately live 10 miles from a large dealer here in Atlanta. They were allocated 12 Hellcats this first run. (At least that's what they told me). And each one has been sold at a markup.
They took my order at msrp and I've got a von with build priority 01. If they really were allocated 12 HCs, and they weren't BSing me, then I don't see why they wouldn't get more next allocation. So I'm assuming mine should be ready by sometime 1st quarter.
again, we all know dealers play games...I'm just keeping my fingers crossed.

#166 ·
I have purchased a couple of challengers from Bob in the past and had them sent to California. Never a problem, actually just the opposite; great experience. I have never personally met him... all I can tell you is he will personally update you on your vehicle when there is news. He never drops the ball. If he accepted your order for a vehicle you will get it - Hellcat or otherwise.

Reactions: baron95
#167 ·
This is the news "we" wanted to hear.

Reactions: sledguy and baron95
#169 ·
I just wanted to keep this thread up to date.

Bob called me today and left me a voice message to discuss what's going on with the Hellcats and certain
options. I was asleep since I'm working Midnight Shift but I shot him an email to let him know why I missed
the call and he said he will give me a call in the morning so we can talk about what's going on with the
Languna options and also what is going on with the Sunroof Option.

#171 ·
Baron,

Will do! I have to wonder if Dodge is thinking about nixing the sunroof entirely... Like I said to Bob, if that's
the case then I have no choice but to get one with a solid roof. But if it's just a delay issue, I am QUITE
alright with my order not being processed till April...

#172 · (Edited)
A Loooong time ago I told Bob to nix the Brass wheels & sunroof. This laguna Leather thing really pisses me off though. That's something I really want. However I'm thinking about a way to get Sepia leather & having regular leather/alcantera might just be OK.

For now I'd just like to know if I'm past BX status & have a diff build priority other that 99.

I got to see Sepia in a new SRT this weekend. OMG!!!! I love it. It was in a Jazz Blue SRT. Almost enough to get a diff color so I can get Sepia. However like I said i have a Idea I'm willing to bet on so I'll stick with Sublime.

#182 ·
Soooo, we have 20 that ordered and sent money in and only ONE with a VIN, hope you guys can wait for two years to get a car that you could have probably gotten from a dealer much closer to home and at MSRP, maybe even shorter time since there are 20 of you with one guy?????? Who's last on that list?

Reactions: buckwheat
#183 ·
There were at least 40 people on Bob's list with deposits. When I had inquired I would have been #9 but ended up #1 at a local dealer for MSRP (in writing).

Best of luck to those with an order in with Bob. I'm sure you will get your car, it's just a matter of when. In Bob's defense he did say 4-8 months.

#184 · (Edited)
So, for those of you that sent checks or made deposits on Hellcats, have they been cashed or are they just being held by BF? If he or the dealership is sitting on that money gaining interest, why wouldn't they want to string you along forever? Seems like a win win situation for THEM. They have guaranteed sales lined up whenever cars roll in, so please answer my question, what do THEY have to lose?:scratchhead:

#190 ·
If there is anyone here that is looking for a green six speed car I know of a dealer that has a customer backing out, don't know if it is still available but you can call to find out, PM me if interested, I myself am waiting for the charger.

#192 ·
Their sure is a strong following here for Bob Frederick and that speaks well for him.
It seems he has a connection of some sort with dodge that gives him a leg up. If not than he is doing what any dealer can do.

This whole (confusing) allocation plan brings many more questions than answers.

I see the question--How can Bob deliver any faster than any other dealer taking orders. The silence on this question is a kind of answer.
Several posters have read this non answer as an answer and are looking elsewhere because the line is long with Bob.

I have not yet placed my order because I can't yet order what I want and chose not to wait in a line for something that is not available. I also would prefer to deal with a local dealer. ---They will come around, they always do--

#193 ·
The non answer may not be what you are thinking... don't underestimate Bob... Hell I would rather wait an extra 5 months to buy a car from him...and pay the extra shipping to get it to me...
I made the mistake in 2011 of cancelling an order with him.. he gave me my deposit back same day.. but I missed out on a Kowalski Edition car.......one of 10 he made a deal with Dodge to have built..
Don't underestimate Bob....and the value he adds to your car.... Hell I will end up having him sign mine.. I am a big fan of the dude.
Doug

Reactions: sledguy
#201 ·
Laughable at best if you think Bob's name adds value to a car, wonder if the trade in is up too? Bob is a nice guy, but seriously...

Reactions: buckwheat
#194 ·
Yeah but just because he had 10 completely special built cars made directly from the manufacturer, doesn't
mean he can get any Hellcats, right guys? Because they are like the Mythical Unicorn....

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.