Votes: 3 6.1%
  • No updates just yet

Votes: 14 28.6%
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Frederick Hellcat orders

115K views 537 replies 88 participants last post by  Supercharged_Fun 
#1 · (Edited)
Since it appears that there are a handful of forum members that have ordered Hellcats from Bob I am curious just how many of us there are and what, if any updates you have received or if you have received a VIN. I know that in his canned email that he sent to everyone with their VONs he stated that it could be a couple months before we see anything from him. Curious, if anyone made the first cut.

It appears I didnt make the first run and will admit am worried if I'll make the second. :(

#394 ·
I have his #1 Charger HC slot and we have been emailing back on forth this week to figure out the specific options. I had not heard anything from him for a couple of months until last thursday when the Charger price list came out. He has been very responsive when I have emailed him but otherwise he has not gotten in touch with me unless there was something new to add.

#395 ·
When the charger gets released it most likely will fall into the allocations and will be combined with the challengers, so first may end up being at the bottom behind ALL these other buyers....

#398 ·
do you think Bob reads this forum? You would think he has seen it and would make a comment or 2.

Reactions: Supercharged_Fun
#404 ·
Bob called me today because I left a message with him letting him know that I was interested in a Challenger HC. He told me that it might be 8 months before I got my car. That killed it for me. I won't wait as long as 8 months. Maybe because I'm late to get on the list. I will check with some other dealers and see what they say. If I want one earlier I might have to pay a little over MSRP to get it sooner. That sucks, Cecil...........

#416 · (Edited)
If I were to get something besides a Hellcat and stay under 6 figures it would be the 2015 Corvette but it looks like it is having more delays than the Hellcat. Never really cared for the looks of the Corvette, excluding the mid 60s models, but I like the looks of the new one and the performance looks to be excellent. My favorite muscle car is the 67 SS Camaro which just happens to be what my father had when I was little. Metallic blue with black racing stripes, just a perfect pure and simple form. Aston Martin DB7 would be a close second. That's what I feel Dodge nailed with the Hellcat, the 700 HP engine is just a really nice bonus. :)

#417 · (Edited)
I myself was considering on getting a "real" numbers matching Grabber Blue 1970 302 Boss Mustang. They go for around $80k now. This is the one I was thinking of getting a few months ago.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Ford-M...nvPR%2Bgwy3XaMY8tLb2I%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

However I will have more fun with the Hellcat. It won't be a Garage Queen like a 302 Boss would be. I'd be scared something bad would happen every time I took it out.

When I was 17 I came oh so close to owning one. (This was in !978)

If only the idiot that looked at it before I got there that morning to the used car dealer had had the brains to put the cotter keys back in the hood pins before taking it on a test drive. The car salesman should take some blame too.

When My Grandpa & I got there to buy it KJ said I have some bad news & told us what happened. The dent in the roof above the windshield was pretty bad. The corners of the hood were curled up badly too. :(

Needles to say my grandpa said no way!!!! KJ offered to knock off 5 or 6 hundred but that didn't make a diff to my grandpa.

I ended up getting a 72 Mustang Coup with a really fancy paint job. It's worth nothing now compared to what the Boss would be.

This post has been deleted
This post has been deleted
#424 ·
The facts we do know at the moment would suggest if you do have a Hellcat order with bob you will be lucky to get one mid to late next year.

Possibly even 2016.

Seems taking orders from 40-50 people and not telling them seems a bit disingenuous.
What EXACTLY did he promise them that you are claming he is being diseingenuos?

#418 · (Edited)
I think these glass half full posts are just as entertaining as the naysayers post...

Are you still anticipating a November, December delivery of your Hellcat?? If not, I'm sure you'll say "I'll get it when I get it" or "I'm not worried if Bob will deliver".

No doubt, Bob has a great reputation and has a loyal following. I don't think there are many doubting that. However, that's not the criteria for receiving Hellcat allocations. Combine the numerous rumors and speculation with Bob's lack of communication with the 50+ customers that have orders with him is why you have a thread with 42 pages. This is where Bob is failing at the moment.

I'm sure everyone will get their cars but not in the time frame he quoted many. You, maybe sooner than most but unlikely November or December.

Yes, I cancelled my order and don't have any skin in the game any longer. Doesn't mean I'm no longer interested in getting a Hellcat. But this experience has left a bad taste in my mouth both with Dodge and Bob. I'm sure he has his reasons for not communicating with his customers but he at least should communicate that.

#431 ·
Jesus, in a perfect world it would be so nice to have Bob speak for himself to clear this up.:brickwall:

Bernie

#436 ·
Phone number: (330) 550-5432

Reactions: Denzien
#437 ·
Bob has did exactly for me what he said he'd do. Preordered with my deposit, Sept 9th actually ordered the Hellcat and then he gave me an order number and told me to expect 4-8 mo and this will be the last contact I'd hear from him for a while. So what has he done or didn't do that he hasn't told me? Nothing. He's been up front all the way with me. Why all the smack about this man. Layoff until HE BREAKS HIS PROMISE!

Reactions: Denzien
#438 · (Edited)
Man, every week or two some brand new jackhole comes in here thinking they know what's going on and starts bad mouthing the man and questioning the sanity of his customers because he's not producing 30-40 Hellcats by December.

Then I challenged this latest guy to remind us all what exactly Bob promised his customers, and he couldn't/wouldn't do it - instead resorting to childish ad hominem attacks because he had nothing to back his assertion that Bob was being 'disingenuous' with his customers when the reality is that he's been upfront and honest with his customers about how long the wait was probably going to be.

Maybe the man won't deliver - I don't know. But neither does anyone else.

I understand thinking that an 8 month wait seems okay until everyone else starts getting their cars built...that can be frustrating. Mainly, that's what's going on here.

I'm just waiting to see how everything goes before I talk to the man myself.

#440 ·
Don't forget...IF the hellcats get to Customers in the beginning of December that is three months...so Bob saying 4 is not exactly that far off....if it happens in 4 LOL

But at the end of the day who cares? If the customer is happy with the situation they are in with whoever they ordered with...thats all that matters :) Never understood the pot stirring that some people want to do just to do it LOL

#446 ·
Interesting, a person that ordered a Hellcat from Bob Frederick just went to KZ status (released by plant, invoiced) today. Working to see what VIN it is.

#447 ·
FH713850 - KZ ordered through Bob Frederick.

Reactions: Supercharged_Fun
#453 ·
Not Sure who the Lucky owner is? But Columbiana Dodge did get a KZ on a Black 6 Speed Hellcat.

#455 ·
The owner on the other forum says 850 (black 6-speed) is the one.

Reactions: buckwheat
#456 ·
I have also ordered one through Bob. Beyond the initial ordering e-mail I received back on Sept 10, I have not heard anything. I am sure I am one of the last to order from him before Dodge opened up ordering as it was mid to late August when I first contacted him. I have not tried to contact him since as I suspect it will be some time before my order is really in the works. Just waiting patiently. I have been checking his website periodically but it has been unavailable for the last few days. Like others, I have heard nothing but good about Bob. So, until sufficient time passes, dyno videos will have to suffice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.