Votes: 3 6.1%
  • No updates just yet

Votes: 14 28.6%
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Frederick Hellcat orders

115K views 537 replies 88 participants last post by  Supercharged_Fun 
#1 · (Edited)
Since it appears that there are a handful of forum members that have ordered Hellcats from Bob I am curious just how many of us there are and what, if any updates you have received or if you have received a VIN. I know that in his canned email that he sent to everyone with their VONs he stated that it could be a couple months before we see anything from him. Curious, if anyone made the first cut.

It appears I didnt make the first run and will admit am worried if I'll make the second. :(

#460 ·
TK: Dodge working to build Hellcat for every customer

“The introduction of the new 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat has ignited the general market’s interest in the muscle car segment,” said Tim Kuniskis, President and CEO, Dodge and SRT brands. “The reaction from our customers and the general public has been beyond even our positive expectations, and we will work to build a Challenger Hellcat for every customer who wants one.”

Modern Mopar Magazine | The Beast is Unleashed: 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat On Way To Dealerships

#472 · (Edited)
I have some newbie questions and stumbled upon this thread so I'd like to clear things up pertaining to my order etc. Keep in mind I have nothing bad to say as I figured this would be a long wait to get a Hellcat at MSRP.

I ordered my Hellcat from Columbiana Dodge based on some previous recommendations on this forum. At the time I thought Bob Frederick was part of them. Could someone explain his connection with them, if any? The reason I ask is from what I understand Columbiana Dodge now has 150+ deposited Hellcat orders. Do these include Bob's if he works for them even if he did not take my order personally? Lastly even if Bob is connected with them, I am wondering since I ordered it by simply calling the dealership, that my order is not one that Bob Fredrick will be seeking allocation for, which then drops my chances of getting a Hellcat in 2015 to zero, being this dealer has 150+ sold pre-orders.

Again, please go easy as I just need clarification of the whole arrangement with this dealer and Bob, or if there is any. I have a feeling that to those who know the answers, these questions will seem stupid. Nonetheless I need to ask and find out. FWIW I tried googling for info but did not come up with concrete answers that really addressed this, which is how I came across this thread, so hence my posting in it now.

#475 · (Edited)
I have some newbie questions and stumbled upon this thread so I'd like to clear things up pertaining to my order etc. Keep in mind I have nothing bad to say as I figured this would be a long wait to get a Hellcat at MSRP.

I ordered my Hellcat from Columbiana Dodge based on some previous recommendations on this forum. At the time I thought Bob Frederick was part of them. Could someone explain his connection with them, if any? The reason I ask is from what I understand Columbiana Dodge now has 150+ deposited Hellcat orders. Do these include Bob's if he works for them even if he did not take my order personally? Lastly even if Bob is connected with them, I am wondering since I ordered it by simply calling the dealership, that my order is not one that Bob Fredrick will be seeking allocation for, which then drops my chances of getting a Hellcat in 2015 to zero, being this dealer has 150+ sold orders.

Again, please go easy as I just need clarification of the whole arrangement with this dealer and Bob, or if there is any. I have a feeling that to those who know the answers, these questions will seem stupid. Nonetheless I need to ask and find out. FWIW I tried googling for info but did not come up with concrete answers that really addressed this, which is how I came across this thread, so hence my posting in it now.

I don't have an answer for you and have wondered about the same questions you ask.
I am glad you asked them again.
The typical answer to these questions are from satisfied previous customers of Bob. They are trusting that he will come through as he has in the past.
In order for him to fill his orders in a timely manor as I see it Dodge will have to supply cars to him aside from the allocation plan that all other dealers live with.
If Bob has to wait for allocations then his waiting list of buyers will just have to wait as well.

I suspect that at some point the allocation plan will be lifted and all sold orders will be filled as they come in. (being on a waiting list to order is not an order as I understand it) but the demand for this car is so high that it would not surprise me if the allocation plan they are using will stay in place until the thirsty have been quenched.:guiness:

#474 ·
Ok thanks, it now makes me wonder being my order was direct to that dealership if I will ever see my Hellcat, since I am sure Bob will first be trying to get his "personal" orders through I would think. Unless others chime in with more info, it seems I do need to cancel my order being they have now 150+ in total at that dealership and it seems it's not considered one of "Bob's".

#479 ·
Ok, but remember my order is through Columbiana direct, so I am not sure if he'd want to talk to me. Nonetheless, compared to what other dealers tried to do to me regarding price gouging there is no way I can get mad at Columbiana even if this don't work out as I know their heart is in the right place. I just hope Dodge realizes this dealer got so many orders because they did not play the 'price-games' others were trying to do. It would be ironic if after all Tim Kuniskis said about getting the cars to the good dealers, if Columbiana gets stiffed by Dodge themselves.

#480 ·
Just call Bob, it doesn't hurt. Trust me, he'll do whatever he can for you, the fact that the order is already placed through Columbiana, the same dealer that 'his' orders will show as on the POC (Priced Order Confirmation) definitely HELPS you in this situation if you want to get your car through Bob.

Worst case he can't do anything and you just have to decide what to do and where to go from there... but you won't know if you sit idle and do nothing. ;)

Reactions: Charger440rt
#488 · (Edited)
OK to all you Bob Frederick hatters i just got some inside info that he just received his first HELLCAT!!Bob is prepping and detailing it himself(Just like he does all his cars)!!!!!Haters gonna hate!!I dont think any other dealers received a hellcat yet!

#490 ·
Yup, tracking 2 so far delivered to forum members.

MyChallenger and TheDude (Bob Frederick order).

#494 ·
So this is the email exchange Bob and I had. I will say I'm not comfortable forking down $ with someone who doesn't answer what I consider to be basic questions. i am posting here to get some group feedback on the realities of this panning out.

Today, there are only 3 people who say they have VINs accoroding the the poll in this thread.

Thoughts?

Email below:
-----------------------------------------------------
ADMIN EDIT:

PRIVATE COMMUNICATIONS REMOVED AS PER FORUM RULES!

PLEASE PARA-PHRASE

#495 · (Edited)
jr32312,

I have never bought a car from Bob F. I've never met him, spoken to him, or done business with him. I have been reading about him on this forum for many years. Never once I have heard anything bad said about him or how he does business. You asked a direct question of him, and he gave a direct answer. It's just not the answer you wanted to hear. As for any future allocations he may receive or when he may receive them, no Dodge dealer can give you that answer. I'm willing to bet even Dodge doesn't yet know those answers. Do not put down money with someone you are not comfortable doing business with. You will lose way too much sleep over it. This whole Hellcat ordering game is very stressful right now. Ease your stress and go to a dealer that you have done business with in the past, give them your money, and hope for the best. Maybe they can give you some answers you like better. If you've never bought from Dodge in the past, picking a dealer from the phone book is your next option, and who knows what will happen from that.

As this is your first post to the board, do some reading and searching of other threads and see what other people have to say about Bob or their local dealer. Or... bid on a car from ebay. There are about a dozen of them up right now. That way you know you will be ripped off and won't have any surprises. Good luck and welcome to the chatty board.

Edit... As soon as I posted this the original posting was changed, as you can see. For anyone who is reading this, I saw the original email exchange as posted and responded to that. I hope the OP will re-post an edited version of the exchange. I will not re-post it. I hope this isn't too confusing for everyone.

#496 ·
Thanks for the feedback. I was unaware you weren't allowed to post emails so I will paraphrase my concerns. And also for the record, i did much reading in this lengthy thread as well as other pages before posting.

I asked Bob some reasonable questions like:

How many allocations do you have now?

How many customers do you have waiting for vehicles now with deposits?

How many allocations do you expect in the next round?

When will the next allocation be released?

And while no one can estimate what MOPAR will do, it does sound like you need to understand somewhat of the above if you're going to make a claim to receive your car in 6-8 months as he says.

And he does know what his current state of allocations is, as well as how many are in front of me if I were to order. All reasonable questions from someone who intends on plunking down $65-$75K with a dealer.

I any case, he was unwilling to give me any direct answers to my questions except that he has a good reputation. So there I am. I am checking on his reputation to make decisions.

Any feedback appreciated.

R,

JR

#500 ·
So what makes everyone think he is going to have 80-100+ allocations when the rest of the dealerships in the country get 1-3? I mean seriously, he has 3 verified allocations right now. And if it were me selling these things, and I have an indication I was going to get so many more allocations, I would want to demonstrate that don't you think?

The whole thing doesn't make sense. In any case, I was really looking for reputation, but at this point, even that doesn't apply, since I would believe previously sold cars weren't on allocation.

I'll sit back and wait for more feedback, but not comfortable now.

Thanks. This forum rocks.

#504 ·
I also went with Bob with no illusions on when delivery would be. I don't see all the fuss here. Like Baron95, he said I would get one. Didn't promise when, just that I would get one. Now I must be a simpleton here but I don't care if it is in 3 months or this time next year. All of what I have heard about Bob has been good and that he can deliver. My dealer wanted 20K over MSRP. I was first in line and turned him down flat. The way I see it, it is a win win situation. When or if I get one, great and I will enjoy it. If I don't, I certainly have several other things I could do with $65K. If you are concerned about him getting through all of his orders and you not getting one or it taking forever, give another dealer a try. Baron95, it looks like you and me are neck and neck. Who will get to the finish line first? :)

#506 ·
Redline, what date did you order from Bob, if you don't mind me asking? I'm sure I'm going to be waiting a while :crying: but I did order late. I have resisted the urge to contact him about the options, roof and brass wheels. It's going to be a longer then usual winter but then again I wouldn't be driving in Ct. anyway. Good luck and may the best Hell Cat win. :guiness:

#505 ·
Some of you guys act as if Bob is the ONLY dealer selling at MSRP, wrong , there are quite a few and I bet they are closer to your home than you think, you need to just do some leg work. Someone posted that even the SRT hot line said they would recommend finding a dealer with 8 or less in line.
It's not that Bob can't deliver, but when, it will be real interesting if some of you guys are late 2015-2016 and still have no car while your neighbor has had one for a while because he did some leg work ....

#507 ·
I still have my order with Columbiana despite my worries with all the orders they have. The reason is I am just worn out from what I went through trying to place a Hellcat order at other dealers. I am not saying they are all like this but the ones I tried preColumbiana, turned what should be a nice experience into a nightmare and were pathological liars. So even if I did find a different dealer with fewer orders I have no idea if they will just sell the car out from under me if they can make a few bucks more over MSRP, deposit or not. At this point, whatever happens, happens. This very scenario is what caused the Viper sales to crash and why only 3 dealers sold the majority of the Vipers. Customers grew tired, lost interest and never came back. So I am just hoping for the best at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.