Votes: 3 6.1%
  • No updates just yet

Votes: 14 28.6%
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Frederick Hellcat orders

115K views 537 replies 88 participants last post by  Supercharged_Fun 
#1 · (Edited)
Since it appears that there are a handful of forum members that have ordered Hellcats from Bob I am curious just how many of us there are and what, if any updates you have received or if you have received a VIN. I know that in his canned email that he sent to everyone with their VONs he stated that it could be a couple months before we see anything from him. Curious, if anyone made the first cut.

It appears I didnt make the first run and will admit am worried if I'll make the second. :(

#2 ·
my buddy is number 36 on the list and only has a VON at the moment ...

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
The allocation of Hellcats is based on how many Challengers a particular dealer has sold. Bob specializes in selling Challengers. He has a special relationship with Dodge and was actually consulted when the Challenger was being designed. I understand that he made several suggestions which made it into the final design. Thats why he got so many Hellcats the first time around. I wish I had been able to place an order with him but the timing wasn't right. Looks like he is going to handle Charger Hellcats too.

#6 ·
The allocation of Hellcats is based on how many Challengers a particular dealer has sold. Bob specializes in selling Challengers. He has a special relationship with Dodge and was actually consulted when the Challenger was being designed. I understand that he made several suggestions which made it into the final design. Thats why he got so many Hellcats the first time around. I wish I had been able to place an order with him but the timing wasn't right. Looks like he is going to handle Charger Hellcats too. Here's his website: Home of the Hellcat - Frederick Scat Pack

The reasons you stated are why I have put my faith in him however, I have yet to see anyone at least in this forum that has received VIN.

How do you know he received Hellcats for this first round? How many is "so many"?

#7 ·
Bob has a very impressive background and website.

I'm curious about the "shipping" to out-of-state customers. While MSRP sounds great, does anyone have an idea of the "shipping charge" to have a car delivered to California from Bob? I live in the Orange County area.

Thanks!

#8 ·
Bob is not a Dodge Dealer. He works for a Columbiana Dodge in Ohio. That dealer only received allocation for 1 Hellcat.

#10 ·
< I'm kinda blunt, so don't take this personal or as a rant >

How I see it.

- I was told right from the begining 3-7 months. Considering it hasn't even been 2 weeks yet since the banks opened, let alone 3 months, I'm not expecting my car yet.

- I received no canned emails from Bob. I asked a few questions about the actual order itself after the fact and got personal responses each time. My POC was received without a canned response, but with a simple message to me.

- I've called twice, and that was when I ordered.

- His only promise at order time is your order at MSRP. When he knows something, I'm sure you'll be the first to know.

- Opinion: I think this VOTS tracking and calling SRT by members constantly is going overboard. Unless your car is stuck in some hold for a crazy amount of time, like some members, have some patience.

I ordered my first Dodge/Cummins truck back in Sept '90..I got it in like March '91

And for the number of cars ordered by Bob, from posts on here, he's also got non Hellcat Challengers already hitting his lot. If he is was to get allocations above the norm, I wouldn't be making a big noise about it.

#24 · (Edited)
- I was told right from the begining 3-7 months. Considering it hasn't even been 2 weeks yet since the banks opened, let alone 3 months, I'm not expecting my car yet.

- I received no canned emails from Bob. I asked a few questions about the actual order itself after the fact and got personal responses each time. My POC was received without a canned response, but with a simple message to me.

- I've called twice, and that was when I ordered.

- His only promise at order time is your order at MSRP. When he knows something, I'm sure you'll be the first to know.

And for the number of cars ordered by Bob, from posts on here, he's also got non Hellcat Challengers already hitting his lot. If he is was to get allocations above the norm, I wouldn't be making a big noise about it.

Pretty much identical to my experience.

I do whish I knew whether it was closer to 3 months or 7.

#14 ·
Ordered had POC and VON but since Dodge decided to make us sunroof owners wait
to place our orders, my order has to be re-submitted as soon as the sunroof option
becomes available. I don't have an issue with waiting longer and getting the car in
time for spring rather than winter, so long as I GET A HELLCAT! :)

#15 ·
Whatever you do, make you sure you get the enclosed trailer option. My Roush Stage 3 came from Indiana to Massachusetts and I didn't want to take any chances of having the delivery driver stop overnight while the car was left on a flatbed or open trailer. Who knows what might have happened while he was sleeping. I wasn't taking any chances. Nothing may have happened, but better to pay a little more for that piece of mind, and my car showed up on time and without any bad surprises.
:guiness:

#16 · (Edited)
Quote from Bob.

"I won’t drop-ship Hellcats. I just don’t trust other dealers with your car that is this special."

Now while I understand what he is saying & could maybe agree a bit. I'm gona have to trust them at some point when I take it in for service of some kind. :dunno:

I told this to the General Manager at the local Dodge dealer to see how he felt about taking a drop shipment & he agreed with Bob. LOL

#21 ·
I have a feeling this car is going to be discounted in the spring. There's a limited number of people with $60k for a car, and far fewer than could afford/justify spending an additional $10k or $20k on top of that. By spring all the speculators and early adopters will be signed up at the over MSRP prices, leaving dealers with very expensive muscle cars to sell.

#25 ·
I ordered from Bob also and ask him where I was on his "list" and he just said that Chrysler would build my Hellcat but expect 4 - 8 mo. I ask what about my deposit if I didn't get my car? He said I'll get it unless the plant burned down, then I'd get my $$$ back ( he laughed ). I mentioned I wanted a 2015... Lol.

#26 ·
What I'm getting about Bob Frederick is that he is taking orders for cars (or promising to order cars when allowed). Is this not something any dealer can do?
Stuff like 4 to 8 month delivery is what makes me ask the question.
So far (unless I missed it) I haven't heard what allocation he has.
Is it not true that a promised order from a local dealer may get a delivery sooner because Bob has taken on so many?

#28 · (Edited)
Indeed, any dealer can put a customer purchase order (CPO) in the system. It is just finding a dealer willing to do it and at a reasonable price.

Right now, it looks like the people receiving VIN's for their vehicles is not because it was an actual customer purchase order (CPO) but rather a dealer that had an allocation, and re-customized it to the owners liking before it went to D-status.

I think you'll see the customer purchase orders get processed as soon as October allocation get's released because CPO's take precedence over lot allocations.

Using the below link as a reference. e.g. Let's say that, on 9/1/2014, there were 1200 Hellcats allocated for 3 months. Between 9/9/2014 - 9/15/2014, only 900 allocations got used/sold. The remaining 300 unused allocations get reallocated on 9/15/2014 across the dealership network and used for sold customer purchase orders. These CPOs are reviewed if a dealership has no allocation or went above their allocation. Once those are fullfilled, then they go toward dealership lot allocations.

In December, another # for allocations will be released again.

One can speculate the # sold based on the gap in VIN's, if there are no other vehicles with the same build sequence numbers. E.g. the lowest VIN seen on the forum is FH713663 and the highest is FH714177 - or 514 vehicles, IF, these build sequence numbers are only being used for Hellcats. Most of the VINs that are getting out there are from orders placed on 9/9/2014. One other factor is the September arrival Hellcats that were build in August that dealerships ordered. I'm thinking, CPOs were able to be placed on 9/9/2014, however, 8/10/2014 was for dealerships to place initial lot allocations for September. As an aside, I placed mine on 9/12/2014 so, if I'm lucky, I'll get in this allocation, and if not, then I'll just be in the back half of the allocations for this model year.

My guess is, Bob's dealership might only have 1 allocation and 33+ orders, however, those are 33 orders that will likely get filled as there are 32 of those above allocation that will be reviewed.

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f290/facts-challenger-hellcat-allocation-not-shared-t-k-260490/#post3502370

Reactions: Ontilt
#29 ·
Bob wouldn't say anything about allocations when I ask. I trust his reputation to deliver though.
I was 2 weeks behind Toxic11 on pre ordering but Toxie wants the sun roof and I don't so it could get interesting on who gets the car 1st.

#31 · (Edited)
Because they'd rather charge a $25,000 mark up and a $20,000 deposit down on the 6 initial allocations of Hellcats they received for the next 3 months; at least in Oklahoma City.

Why put in a CPO (sold order) when a dealership has 6 allocated Hellcats that they need to sell in order to keep their days-on-lot number low and some of these allocations were already built (August with September arrival). Once those 6 allocations are sold, then I could see a dealership putting in a CPO.

As an example, on all the allocations for the Oklahoma City area, the regional office bought all of their allocations between October-December, and completely optioned all of them out. Then they started calling between 9/9/2014-9/15/2014 saying, "it's $85,000, you can custom option the car anyway you like", and were in a rush to do it before the 9/15/2014 cutoff and before their first couple of allocations were assigned a VIN; once a VIN is assigned, you can't modify the order. Prior, they can make changes to the order.

#48 ·
What a contradiction.
If you don't like Bob don't buy from him.
If you can't afford a Hellcat don't buy one.
If you think you can buy a heavily discounted Hellcat you are dreaming.
Production numbers are what 300 per month, 3600 per year.
Residuals will be high and they will sell all they can build.
$65,000 is pocket change for an awful lot of people.
Sour grapes is what I read. You might not comprehend as this is a UK terminology.

#43 ·
I have ordered 2 challengers from bob. He shipped both to california. No hassle. Easy. Thats why i ordrred a hellcat from him and will have him ship it to california also.

#44 · (Edited)
I am working on building a new 6-7 car 2 story garage, shop and a bathroom with a loft room on one side above the office. Once it is done I am leaning too with Bob on a Hemi Orange car :)

Concept of new garage shop, mine will be 40 feet deep 38 feet wide, and 2 lifts up to 7 cars max when on lifts. I am going wider than this too with more space between doors like like about 4-5 feet.

Attachments

#47 · (Edited)
:eek3: Wow, that's awesome!

#52 ·
Hi Dude -

1. I do like Bob.

2. I can afford a Hellcat, and I'd bet I'm worth FAR more than you.

3. We'll see. People with car fever seldom have perspective.

4-whatever: Not worth it. Wanker - that's UK too right? I learned that while I was studying at Cambridge, which I also believe is in the UK?
Ah the internet. Where everyone is an Ivy League grad (or Cambridge or Oxford, or the LSE ....) everyone is rich and successful and everyone's wife/girlfriend is smoking hot.

You will not be able to get a Hellcat at a discount anytime soon. Someone smart enough to go to Cambridge should be able to come to terms with this - simple math. Hellcats are oversold and even if they produce 300 a month, and do not take another order, they will not catch up with sold orders until May of next year (people with VONs are being told to expect to wait five to eight months -search the allocation threads). Or, look at it this way, even if every Dodge dealer in Canada and the US got only 1 Hellcat, and no more, it would take 10 months to manufacture enough to cover the allocation (assuming they are producing 300 a month).

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.