Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Canceled my Hellcat order today.

78K views 432 replies 112 participants last post by  2quik6 
#1 ·
It's time to vote with my dollars and show FCA that they have done nothing but drop the ball on the entire
Hellcat rollout. Their latest release just proves that FCA does not give a **** about the customer or sold orders
and they are going to chastise dealers who took sold orders at MSRP.

I emailed Bob and he got back me as quickly as always, within 10-15 minutes and he's sad that I had to go this
route but he understands. I really wanted to buy a car from Bob but it appears FCA is going to do anything in
their power do dick over anyone they can.

That's ok FCA, you have shown your hand and I will take my money elsewhere. Not sure what my next ride will
be, but it won't be anything you offer.

I won't be spending much more time on the SRT part of the forums. I will still participate in the off topic section
but I will likely be dumping my Toxic for another brand as soon as the weather clears up.

Good luck to all of those waiting and congrats to all of those who were fortunate enough to get a Hellcat and
not get bent over a barrel without lube.

See less See more
#4 ·
That is a great question.. I need to take some time to reflect... Off the cuff I would say now the Mustang and
Corvette are on the table... But there are many great cars being offered today so I really need to think about
it. Wish Tesla was a little lower down the price scale.... Would NOT mind a P85S :)

Reactions: Supercharged_Fun
#3 ·
We've know you through your posts and I can say with authority you have been a great contributing member here. I state that because some (newer) members might at first consider this a troll thread. Nothing could be farther from the truth. You have always been a supporter of the Challenger and obviously you are disheartened by the current management. They have dropped the ball many times lately and it is frustrating. Sorry to lose you as a participant on the roads but glad you'll still be here offering experience and opinions on the web. Good luck on your next ride!

#6 ·
Yep not a troll post at all. This whole process has been a joke from the on-set. FCA dropped the ball repeatedly
throughout the rollout of this car. Not knowing what to charge for options, not knowing how to combine options,
changing their stance on color combinations after months, not informing customers about ANYTHING at all...
Leaving everyone up in the air as to what is going on with sunroof cars.. It's been an absolute joke.

It's sad that there are so many potential customers out there willing to pay full sticker price who can not get
a guaranteed sold order just so that FCA can play allocation games to get cars on the showroom floor to bring
in people who would never even consider buying the car anyway, just so they can buy what? A Minivan? But
meanwhile sold orders pile up and then FCA turns around and shakes their fingers at dealers who promise
MSRP orders as being "unsavory". Shows you the mind set of FCA and crew.

Reactions: EddieG
#7 ·
I cancelled my order too after it arrived! My issue concerned the dealer I ordered it from though. I needed a shower when I left and each time I called them they basically lied to me. When the car arrived they tried to get even more $ from me. Not a good experience but did teach me a good lesson. Shop your dealer before shopping for a car.

FCA should do what Chrysler should have done many, many bankruptcies ago, flush its poorest rated dealers and change the entire car buying experience. Lexus did this, Tesla does this and it is time for leadership at FCA to do the same.

#9 ·
Sorry to read that Tox, may work out for the best. We first models (09 but especially 08) buyers went thru the same thing seems, I was on board for the 08s and had been saving money since 06 but around April of 08 they announced the 08 limited release and the dealer mark ups started up, $60k over sticker whaa? POed me so much I used the money I had saved to pay off my RB a year early. But when the 09s finally arrived I made the mistake of sitting in one, made the deal at sticker plus about 3K worth of extended warranty (never wanted or believed in them), just to get it and by 2010 after BK, they were making deals again and pretty good ones at that! They have ALWAYS put the dealer ordered cars ahead of the customer orders so giving up on one is no big deal, if it was meant to be you will end up sitting in one again, or just keep the one you have now! ;)

Reactions: Toxic11
#13 ·
Because of what the brand is doing. I am not blindly going to support FCA when they don't care about long
time customers. It's not the end of the world, there are plenty of other brands out there that have some
fantastic offerings. I love my 11 but will likely be moving on this summer to something else. It's just the way
it is. It would have been great if it was a Hellcat but again FCA repeatedly dropped the ball. I waited to get
what I wanted and they still don't even know when/if they can build what I want and with the recent announcement
from FCA I'm sorry but I completely see that they don't care about sold orders, so why should I care about sticking
with the brand? My money will spend anywhere.

#12 ·
This is why I didn't bother trying for a Hellcat and ordered an SRT 392 instead. I knew I was in for a long and disappointing ride trying for a Hellcat. I'm extremely happy with my SRT and don't regret it one bit.

Toxic I have read many of your posts over the years and always found you to be a very intelligent and honest person and I for one have valued your opinions on many subjects.

I will be sad to see you go but I understand you've gotta sour taste in your mouth and want to move on. Before you do perhaps you would consider a new SRT? Great improvements on the interior and still fast as hell! Whichever you choose I wish you good luck!

#159 ·
A scat pack with a Kenne Bell 4.2 supercharger, 901hp, able to leap hellcats at a single bound for around 50k, I could get into this thread but I won't because I was never behind this hellcat from the beginning and the dealer side of it is terrible, this car was not ready to be released and to the OP I think you were very smart canceling your order, these cars are breaking half shafts and twisting driveshafts like pretzels with just putting on drag radicals and running at a well prepped track, Chrysler wanted to be first now they look like idiots and it's time the buying public let's them know that there are some other excellent choices out there that will beat the hellcat and can be bought from dealers that aren't trying to gouge them. You would think with all the mistakes and missteps Chrysler has gone thought over the decades that they would learn, they haven't and I'm sure we will see them go broke and screw all the suppliers and public again, they need to learn this is a new era and we the people are much better informed than in the 70's yet they still run their dealerships on the screw the customer theory of lies and trickery and forget you after the sale.

#14 ·
Sorry Toxic11, There is alot of us members that feel the exact way you do about this " buying experience " and even though you cancelled with Bob you have moved me up a spot in the line, although I feel it's the same odds as hitting the Powerball lottery if id get
a Vin. Goodluck with your next purchase.

Reactions: Toxic11
#18 ·
I wish you the best man! I was one of the early orders put in it with Bob and because I wanted my car a certain
way we just got dicked over by FCA. Remember way back when, "you can not order Sublime and Sepia" and a
lot of guys and gals just settled and got whatever they could... And then FCA changed their tune....

This has been a joke from the start. I really wish the best for those waiting in line and congrats to those who
were lucky enough to get what they wanted or settled for something else just to get in the seat.

Reactions: baron95
#16 ·
Hate to see you go too. Another long time valued member on the way out. And this is not a new story either. Although I could never afford a Hellcat or even an SRT, I fully understand what you're saying. I've been ranting for years about Chrysler's piss poor advertising and coordination in releasing new models. One departmnet has no idea what another is doing. They're always late to the game on new year models and remember when people had to order colors sight unseen because the window closed before production? Unbelievable the ineptness of management there. And sadly, I don't think it will change. Although I was die hard Mopar in my younger years, the only reason I'm a Dodge owner now is the Challenger. I suspect when they downsize and Europeanize after the 2017 model year, I too will go back to Ford. Face it, they're just never going to get their act together no matter who owns them.

#20 ·
So, dealers take deposits on cars they were never able to deliver, and that is the fault of Dodge? They mark up their cars with an additional $20k on there, the car sits for more than 5 days, which means they do not get another allocation. Why is that the fault of DODGE? Here's the flow chart, for those who never bothered to read the FCA blog posting:

Text Product Font Web page Website

Blame the DEALER, not Dodge, for promises they could not ever be able to keep. :notallthere:

#23 ·
Blame the DEALER, not Dodge, for promises they could not ever be able to keep. :notallthere:
Ok so lets see if I can break this down once again.... To see where the blame lies...

I placed an order with Bob on 8/2/2014 and was very early on his list (would have, and could have already had
a car FWIW if I would have settled).

Dodge Releases Options listing with no pricing or availability for certain options I want.

8/3/2014 I settle for Billet Silver with Sepia when I originally wanted Sublime with Sepia must have sunroof.

9/10/2014 Order Banks Open and I have my POC.

9/18/2014 Sunroof's removed from orders by Dodge

12/9/2014 Dodge decides to do a 180 and now offer Sublime with Sepia (some owners have moved on at this
point) Bob adjusts my order. Sunroof still in Limbo but hey we finally have Brass Monkey (A stupid paint finish
on a rim) pricing after waiting four months.

12/9/2014 POC Updated.. Sublime with Sepia, Sunroof, Brass Monkey.

12/30/2014 Still no word on Sunroof cars.. "May not happen 2015" insider tidbits NOTHING from FCA....

2/27/2015 FCA decides to post a flow chart and place all the blame on dealers who took too many orders and
it sounds to me like they want to blame HONEST dealers trying to move cars at MSRP because FCA can't deliver.

3/01/2015 I've had enough of the bullshit from FCA but it must be Bob's fault right? :notallthere:

#21 ·
And just what is FCA's agenda with all of this circus ? Are they not in sales ? With profits being the main objective ?
Surely they can not be so unorganized that this is the fruition ?
If losing customers, loyal customers is what becomes of this Hellcat dilemma then FCA is in for a long hard road soon because word travels and this may trickle down to other FCA brands too.

#22 ·
For those who wish to read the FCA posting and then comment, here's the link.

Avoiding Hellcat ordering disappointment | FCA Corporate Blog

"However, a small number of dealers are engaging in a practice that is causing a customer relations issue for FCA US LLC and all of its dealers. Specifically, this handful of dealers appears to have accepted large numbers of SRT Hellcat orders without regard to available supply and without advising their customers that orders may not be filled, if at all, for many months or longer. We believe such a practice may constitute a breach of the Dealer’s Sales and Service Agreement with FCA US LLC and a violation of other applicable laws."

#33 ·
You think I'm not relaxed? You really think I care about it that much? LOL I don't care.. I can go buy anything
else I want. I never lost an ounce of sleep over this ordeal and knew that I would get my money back if I
chose to move on. No need for me to relax, but I am going to call it like I see it. And I see it as FCA dropped
the ball and want to push the blame off on others.

At the end of the day I still have an SRT8 Challenger that I enjoy driving the piss out of. But I won't be back
buying another Dodge.. Not a lot car... Not anything else, it's just that simple.

#27 ·
http://www.autonews.com/article/201...t-for-unscrupulous-hellcat-sales-practices-by

"
Jim Arrigo, the current chairman of the National FCA Dealer Council, said that “any time you try to allocate through a shortage, it’s going to be difficult.” However, Arrigo said that an automaker’s allocation system is what it is, and dealers have to learn to live within it.
Arrigo said he has heard of some dealers taking deposits on Hellcats “just so that customer can’t go down the road and order the car from a competitor. I think that’s wrong. For somebody today to take 200 deposits or even 30 orders for that car, when they know that they’re not going to get that many, that’s just wrong.”
Arrigo, who owns five FCA dealerships in south Florida, said both the automaker and the dealers have to act with integrity through this process.
“This one car’s not going to make or break a dealer,” Arrigo said. “And to treat this vehicle without some kind of integrity, you have to ask yourself as a dealer if you want to go down that road.”

Reactions: Bad daytona
#28 ·
Toxic don't blame FCA !
Blame Bob he told you he would deliver.
You had opportunity in October to switch with your friend that said he could get you allocation.
You chose to stay with Bob.
Good Luck hope ya find a Hellcat in the open market and stay with Dodge.

#48 ·
Toxic don't blame FCA !
Blame Bob he told you he would deliver.
You had opportunity in October to switch with your friend that said he could get you allocation.
You chose to stay with Bob.
Good Luck hope ya find a Hellcat in the open market and stay with Dodge.
Tim K Promised Everbody will get a Hellcat !!! LOL !!!

I'm curious here Bucky...are you blaming Bob AND Tim? Gotta make your mind up fella. Can't blame both. LOL :grin2:

Toxic...whatever you get, bring it to Beaver Springs, be fun to see if it will run with a Challenger.

#29 ·
I don't know..
It seems here the make it or break it is the sunrooof..
Get the damn car, & if you REALLY want the roof, there's PLENTY of aftermarket places that do roofs for $1200+/-

Personally, I'm not a sunroof fan, but if you wanted the car so much, & the roof was the stickler, I'd get it & add the roof!

Just not seeing why cancel the car of your dreams because of a stupid sunroof..
Its a non essential item that can easily & professionally be added anytime....

JMHO here guys...

#34 · (Edited)
The deal is already canceled. I don't want an aftermarket Sunroof. And honestly at this point I don't want a
Hellcat either. I've been kicking this around in my head for a few weeks now and FCA's Blog Post just drove
the point home. I don't want a Hellcat, I don't want a new SRT8. I just don't want to do further business with
FCA at all.

Shame really because they have an asset like Bob, who they would rather treat like an ASS.

That Tesla P85 is looking better and better.... Bit more than I want to spend though :)

#31 ·
Tim K Promised Everbody will get a Hellcat !!! LOL !!!

#32 ·
I totally feel you Toxic,

After waitting 7 months and nothing- i be so mad at everyone but i will never give them the power for them to choose for me- if i really want a hellcat i will keep on waitting or cool down for months til all this bs its gone and start over..., i know myself i wouldnt never be happy not owning the car i really want.....a challenger hellcat...

whatever you choose good luck and you know yourself if u cant live witout one ....i know i wouldnt be able to lol.....

stay positive...

#37 · (Edited)
FCA's allocation process (2 different ones and counting) and accepting VON's is damn right their fault.

Basically FCA seems like they are using the Hellcats as a carrot for the larger dealers to take other slow selling product.

FCA knows it's a carrot that dealers will try to sell at a markup.....it's part of the deal (reward) to take the BS Dodge Darts etc. off their hands. (My theory)

Then most of those dealers want you think the Hellcat carrot is "unobtanium" and that you are getting a great deal at "only" 10K to 30K over MSRP.........

Don't fall for the BS........

Let the over MSRP Hellcats keep piling up on lots......

Cherry pick Hellcats later at a discount when the markup dealers are looking to unload their "unobtanium".

#39 ·
FCA's allocation process (2 different ones and counting) and accepting VON's is damn right their fault.

Basically FCA seems like they are using the Hellcats as a carrot for the larger dealers to take other slow selling product.

Then most of those dealers want you think the Hellcat carrot is "unobtanium" and that you are getting a great deal at "only" 10K to 30K over MSRP.........

Don't fall for the BS........

Let the over MSRP Hellcats keep piling up on lots......

Cherry pick Hellcats later at a discount later when the markup dealers are looking to unload their "unobtanium".

I hope this happens and I hope a bunch of people here get their hands on Hellcats way below even MSRP... I will be laughing the whole time at FCA. It may take a while and you guys will have to be patient but I'm sure it will
happen. It will most CERTAINLY happen if they make this same car for MY2016. Of course by then I will have
been long gone!

But like I said I will still be hanging around the OT sections. I enjoy (most) of the people here too much to walk
away :)

Reactions: HemiDave1399
#38 · (Edited)
I'm certain FCA is building as many Hellcats as they can.
The problem is multifacted:
The car has a very high demand, as such the market value is currently greater than MSRP.

Don't want to pay MSRP?
Either find a dealer with an allocation willing to sell it to you at MSRP or wait till the market price adjusts itself once they run out of people willing to pay the mark up.

A word about dealer XYZ and the like that took deposits for possibly HUNDREDS of Hellcat orders.

The Hellcat was ALWAYS going to be sold by allocation. FCA never made a secret of this!

However when the order banks opened certain dealers told people placing their orders that they would get the allocation, regardless of how many they sold.

If you were naive enough to beleive that somehow they were MAGICALLY going to get more allocations than the dealer down the stret, or in the next State, than you have a horse in the blame race.

Imo the dealers that took orders that they knowingly could not fill because it was over what their allocation allotment was are the real villains in this.
They took a deposit for something that they knowingly could not deliver because THEY KNEW THEY DID NOT HAVE THE ALLOCATION.

To me that is actually worse than the dealer selling the Hellcat at a +10k mark up.
At least they have something they can sell you, vs something that cannot be delivered because they don't have allocation.

Toxic, hate to see you go, as I've enjoyed your posts, but FCA has always made no secret of it's plans to sell the Hellcat on allocation.
Even though you placed your order early, if you subsequently changed your order several times than you lost your place in line.
As such it's very possible that the dealer you went with simply does not have allocation anymore.
That's not FCA's fault.

In the end, the Hellcat is just a car. Granted, a very nice one, but I wouldn't let myself get tied into knots over it.

#262 ·
I ordered early, didn't change anything, still waited. Then canceled. As Toxic so aptly put, didn't lose sleep since Sept. and not losing any now . Went to 3 dealers in area,3 different stories, all same endings - " if we get 1 it will be marked up". At the dealer I frequent they said they have 1 coming, only $15k over MSRP to some stranger out of blue. Was told if I wanted allocation, there would be a " market adjustment". Still haven't seen (just there yesterday for service) a Hellcat. For that matter they don't have any 2015 Challengers. Thought the allocation system was to stop dealers from gouging. We'll see what the future brings and good luck to all who got or getting a Hellcat. :wink3:

#40 ·
Your money, your decision.

You're missing out on one of the best cars ever built...not the last one, certainly there will be more.

I figured out early on the sunroof was going to be an issue... I did my research, made my wish list and started looking...a day later I had what I wanted at MSRP. Screw the wait lists and the FCA.

You can certainly find what you're looking for if you really want to....less the sunroof. Lots of folks on another message board have cracked the nut and share all the info on found Hellcats at or near MSRP. A couple of guys posted a reward for finding a specific car...all have been successful.

I'd never let the process ruin the end-state goal.

I get it, sorry it turned out the way it did for you.

#41 ·
It's no big deal. Nice car for sure and like I said for those who got theirs I am sincerely happy for them!

I was just on Tesla's web site pricing out a P85... But.... OUCH :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.