Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Do not read my Hellcat post

22K views 91 replies 21 participants last post by  gixxer160 
#1 · (Edited)
I have been talking to my dealer for a year now about ordering a 2016 Hellcat Challenger. I spoke to him and I am officially first in line to order when the 2016s are available for order.

Please keep moving if you do not want to get worn out with my whining and rants while I wait.

I am going to need someplace to vent. This is it. If you want to vent while you wait also, welcome.

I plan to post links and notes that I might want to find quickly along the way.

Order banks open 13-17 August.

VON cancelled, order banks reopen 27 August.

reordered 09/12/15 received new VON HC111890

2016 production start 21 September,

09/21/15 Some funky VIN issued no status available: 1B3BE36K1HC111890

09/24/15 Status D VIN issued 2C3CDZC98GH118064 est build week 11/16/15

09/29/15 Status D est build week changed to 10/26/15

10/06/15 Status D1 est build week changed to 10/19/15

10/19/15 Status F Body in paint, was told the car should be built tomorrow. est delivery date 10/2615 - 11/01/15

10/20/15 reached KZ status at 01:47 pm.:grin2: Delivery est moved to 11/04/15 - 11/10/15.

10/21/15 shipped by rail to Texas. CSX rail car number EXXT 716462.

11/03/15 Delivered to dealer in AM, I picked it up and had her home around 6:45 PM.

Note to self Check List:

Pentastar install - 3M 03615 Scotch-Mount 7/8" x 5' Molding Tape
Xpel stealth satin film hood coating.
Window tint.
Rock guards PN FRONT - MOPAR (82214141) REAR - MOPAR (82214142)
305/35R20 rear tires.

Misc info:

uconnect https://youtu.be/dsr8KNpauAE

https://077803cad181e84ff69f73e7c93...om/host/0B7Y7Ox9vaRLaMkFKdWFqaThWWWM/hellcat/

The gross dealer profit on a fully loaded 2016 Challenger Hellcat = $5,300.
(that's not including ADM and dealer add-ons)

Build Sheet: http://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/...vlet?vin=xxxxx
Window Sticker: http://www.dodge.com/hostd/windowsti...f.do?vin=xxxxx
Replace 'xxxxx' with full VIN in all UPPERcase. Window sticker sheet should generate (be available) upon KZ status.

Track rail car by phone.
A) Call CSX railroad at: 1.800.235.2352;
B) When prompted by a human-sounding but computer voice, asking for location or weight, say "location."
C) When prompted for the rail car's initials, say "ETTX". (Enunciate clearly, with a very short pause between letters.) You will then be computer voice asked, did you say "ETTX?" and respond with only the word "yes." (Or "no" if not correct.)
D) When prompted for your 6-digit rail car number, say "1 2 3 4 5 6". (Again enunciate, with very short pauses.)
E) When prompted for the next car, say "Done."

Hellcat VIN Decoding.
2C3CDZC9
2C3 - Canada, Chrysler, Passenger Car
C - Active Belts (ASP), Front Air Bags (OSP), With Side Inflatable Restraints - All Rows
D - Dodge Brand
Z - 2 door sedan
C - Model - A-SXT and R/T Base; B-SXT and R/T Plus; C-Hellcat; D-SRT; F-Scat Pack
9 - Engine - G-3.6l; T-5.7l; J-6.4l; 9-6.2l
Digit #9 - check alphanumeric
F - 2015 G - 2016
H - Brampton
Digits #12-17 (6 total) - build sequence; started with 700001 - SRT Hellcat
Here is the Window Sticker for VIN #700001
http://www.dodge.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=2C3CDZC94FH700001

Window Sticker http://www.dodge.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=2C3CDZC98GH118064 mine
http://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=2C3CDZC98GH118064
Build Sheet http://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=2C3CDZC98GH118064

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: Supercharged_Fun
#2 · (Edited)
A letter to RS...

Hey,

Sorry to bother you. I was wondering if you knew a few things...

Are the 2016 Hellcats going to be available to order on 17AUG15?
Unconfirmed. Regular Challengers set to open Aug. 13th - 17th range, Hellcat dates may or may not be after.
Will the auto transmission and sunroof be available at that time?
Yes
Will the black hood option be available in 2016?
I think so, although have not been able to 100% confirm
Will the Adaptive Cruise Control ever be available on the Hellcat?
Not for 2016 model year, not sure after that.
Will the Challenger ever get memory seats?
Not for 2016 model year, not sure after that.
Do you know when the Build feature will be available on the Dodge web site for the 2016 model year?
No idea, they always seem to be late
May I share the info you give me?
No problem
Thank you for your time.

Order codes.

BA: New order that hasn't been checked
BB: Review by fleet department
BD: Special equipment processing
BE: Edit error
BG: Passed edit n/a for schedule
BGL: Edit ok parts unavailable
BX: Passed edit available for schedule
C: Sub firm - Tentative schedule
D: Firm schedule - dealer has allocation and all parts available, VIN issued
D1: Gateline schedule - scheduled to be built
E: Frame
F: Paint
G: Trim
I: Built not ok'd
J: Built ok'd
JB: Shipped to Upfit Center (for Stripe)
JE: Emission check
JS: Shipped to storage
KZ: Released by plant , invoiced
KZL: Released - not shipped
KZM: First rail departure
KZN: First rail arrival
KZO: Delayed/recieved
KZOA: Plant holds
KZOB: Zone/distribution holds
KZOC: Carrier delays
KZOD: Carrier holds
KZOE: Mis-shipped vehicle
KZOF: Show/test vehicle
KZOG: Damaged vehicle
KZOH: All other reasons
KZT: Second rail departure
KZU: Second rail arrival
KZX: Delivered to dealer
ZA: Canceled

Revised train tracking instructions.

The number string, 3-2-8-1-8-1-9-2, is only used for the ETTX initials prior to your rail car's number.

E = is on the 3 key on the phone, in the 2nd position, hence, 3-2
T = on the 8 key, 1st position (8-1)
T = same as above (8-1)
X = on the 9 key, 2nd position (9-2)

Once you are prompted for the rail car initials, presuming it is ETTX, enter that string, don't press any other keys until asked, and wait until prompted for the rail car number. Then just use the numbers normally . If you car's initials are not ETTX, let me know.

So, if your rail car number is ETTX123456, for example, here's the whole sequence with each line being entered at a separate prompt:
1-800-235-2352 (wait for "location or weight" next prompt)
1 (wait approx 3-5 seconds for "car initials" prompt)
3 2 8 1 8 1 9 2 (wait approx. 3-5 seconds for "car number" prompt)
1 2 3 4 5 6 (wait approx. 3-5 seconds for "next car" or "done" prompt)
if done enter # # (wait for car status)

If your were checking another car, you would enter ETTX code again, then car number, etc. Enter as many car numbers as you want to check. When done with your list enter # # to hear the status.

If you are following these instructions and you still get the same response, then either there is no information to get or the number is incorrect.

3-2-8-1-8-1-9-2......7-1-6-4-6-2.

Reactions: Supercharged_Fun
#3 ·
You can't start a thread like this without at least telling us what color, and interior that you plan on ordering.

Reactions: teddyp
#5 ·
DUH! I guess I should. LOL

This is from the build for a 2015 because the 2016s aren't available on the web site yet. My understanding is it should be very similar options.

Powertrain 6.2L Supercharged HEMI® V8 - SRT Hellcat Engine $0 TorqueFlite® Eight-Speed Automatic Transmission $1,995 Edit

Colors & Interiors Premium Laguna Leather SRT® Seats $1,795 Black Interior Color $0 Redline Red Tri-Coat Pearl Exterior Paint $500 Edit

Options Exterior 20-Inch x 9.5-Inch Brass Monkey SRT® Forged Wheels $395 275/40ZR20 All Season Performance Tires $0 Satin Black Aluminum Hood with Functional Vents $995 Edit Interior Uconnect® 8.4AN AM/FM/SXM/HD/BT/NAV $695 Red Seat Belts $95

Sunroof

Reactions: RickLB
#6 ·
I am all for "winning", it is the "whining" that goes stale pretty fast! Good luck with your purchase.
Thanks for the spell check. So it begins.

#7 ·
Redline with the black hood should look great. Good luck, hope your order goes smooth.

#8 ·
Hopefully, My wife was pushing for red this time. Suits me fine.

The red looks a little brighter in person but these are pictures from the Dodge web site.

Attachments

#9 ·
This is not a picture of a Hellcat but I believe it is the Red-Line color.

Attachments

#31 ·
those examples are Torred (solid red, non metallic/pearl) - Redline looks darker in overcast light, but there's no mistaking the pearl/metallic.

It the sun, the color looks a half a foot deep.

The good news is the satin black hood, brass monkey wheels are available and Laguna leather is std. for '16 Hellcats.

I've seen the BM wheels - its subtle, but looks much more $$ than the matte black, IMO.

For the SRTs the hyperblack wheels are my 1st choice, and BM wheels would be next. on the HC, matte is the default wheel, so you have to spec BM wheels to get those for extra $$.

#12 · (Edited)
Saw a brand new Redline red 2015 Chrysler 300S at a cruise night on Saturday. It looked great. Lots of metal flake, that popped in the sun.

#13 ·
Saw a brand new 2015 Chrysler 300S at a cruise night on Saturday. It looked great. Lots of metal flake, that popped in the sun.

Was it Red-Line?

#15 ·
305/35/20 rear tires

#16 ·
Ordering starts August 10-17

Production starts September 21.

#18 · (Edited)
#20 ·
Yeah I guess just the strange paint scheme and badging. Maybe stripes coming to Hellcat next year.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I like the stripes, but I like the black hood more. I have been debating the color for a while. I would have gone with the billet with gray stripes again, but I want that black hood and I am not a huge fan of black and silver. I wish I could get one in every color. LOL

#21 ·
I ordered my 2016 2 weeks ago. I am #1 on the list.
I will flip the 2015 when the 2016 arrives or just flip the 2016.

#23 ·
I just put my name in the list and I'm the #1 in my dealer list. He got 6 Hellcat in 2015. So hoping that mine would go thru fine and I might see it in 2016 lol before they cancel 2016 order haha
Welcome, share the wait. Feel free to whine with the rest of us.

What color/options did you get?

#24 ·
My 2015 SRT is not a Hellcat, but it is Redline Red with the Black Laguna, red belts and the A8. It's blood red in the shade and bright red red (not as "orange" as TorRed) in the sun. The metal flake makes the paint look deep. In bright sun, you can see the flake. The Laguna seats are buttery soft...

Attachments

#25 ·
That looks AWESOME !!! Thanks for posting.

#27 ·
Thanks, If I think of anything, I will defiantly let you know.

#28 ·
Well, I am back in town and it is about five days away from order day. Time is going to drag!

#29 ·
One source said August 10th, 2016 order banks open up. Can anyone confirm if they did or not?

#32 ·
#33 ·
TorRed with Black Hood/Roof :) Not a Hellcat! I love the TorRed over the Redline IMO lol

Btw, You can order Scat Packs and R/Ts, but no SRTs or Hellcats yet!

Attachments

#34 ·
Ordering a Hellcat tomorrow. Fingers crossed...

Reactions: Slidd
#35 ·
Going to be a long sleepless night. Guess I will check to see when the dealership opens... lol

#36 · (Edited)
Dealer just put in my order. Going to be a long wait till Sept 21.

Attachments

#38 ·
I'm from Tulsa originally lol :)

Congrats tho!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.