Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Drove My Brother's Hellcat!

7K views 29 replies 25 participants last post by  tsc 
#1 ·
We took my brother's Hellcat out for a leisurely spin. I videoed on my iPhone as he drove. That's what you see at the link below. He tried manually shifting with the paddles and, as you can see, you have to be ready and anticipate the shifts because it revs up fast. I didn't realize that he was in manual mode and thought it was the traction control kicking in when it was the rev limiter. Then, he pulled over and let me behind the wheel. It had forty miles on it when I got to drive it. I popped the throttle a couple of times but didn't want to thrash on his car so I took it pretty easy. However, it was impressive to say the least. Sure there are gobs of power but what really impressed me was the stock suspension. When changing modes on the fly the difference is dramatic. Track mode is tight and feels great. The default street mode is comfy and Sport mode is a good compromise between the two. The trans stiffens up a bunch too when in track mode. For a guy who drives 9 second drag cars, my brother was pretty impressed and pretty happy with the car.

So, enjoy the video for what it is. I'm looking forward to another ride after he has a little more seat time and is used to the car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah-uOdrY-lE

#2 ·
Your Brother is cool.

Reactions: Triz
#4 ·
im glad i wasnt driving that curvy road coming the other way...it looked like your brother was into the other lane as much as his own lane

the engine reving didnt sound right at all...

im surprised to hear the SC so much...even in normal driving...on my gt500 you dont hear it until 4,000+...i took out the airbox resonator to hear it more it was sooo quiet....doesnt look like ill have that same issue with the HC

#13 ·
im surprised they were able to get away with all the noise levels

i know the govt. has some noise level and its a combo of the engine and exhaust....its supposed to be the reason the 13/14 gt500 whine is so minimal...they quieted the engine to make the exhaust louder...some how dodge made both louder...very nice....ive never known anyone with a SC that didnt want to hear it

im really looking forward to hearing one in person

#16 ·
I hate to say it but your brother is a tool. He shouldn’t be behind the wheel, he is dangerous and is going to get somebody hurt. Passing on solid yellow lines into a blind corner, running though turns ¾ of the way into the oncoming lane. Just stupid, no reason for it.

Reactions: 171sf
#17 ·
Now now no need for name calling! You've obviously never driven in SoCal before. Soccer moms in SUV's drive 90mph in school zones with kids around! Now that's something to be irate about. Driving on a road with no houses and no pedestrians and all of a few cars on it to stretch your cars legs a bit is the only option we got in these parts to drive our cars a tad spirited. I bet if you were in a hellcat on a twisty road and got stuck behind a Hyundai elantra you would do the same thing.

#19 · (Edited)
Damn, I guess the supercharger whine and the exhaust note alone would bring some people to their knees with fear pleading for the "Bad man" to stop.

I better stop doing 150MPH plus.....Someone is gonna have their heart stop beating on the fly by........>:)

Reactions: Supercharged_Fun
#23 ·
Same here....comes up as private. And I logged onto You Tube...no dice to see it. Is it a secret "skunk works" video? Just wondering?

Reactions: Madcoder
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.