Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Has anyone else who ordered first week Sep not received their car?

6K views 47 replies 22 participants last post by  2010RTonForgiatos 
#1 ·
or am I the only one? :frown:

#2 ·
I'm still waiting...

#4 ·
Nobody in our local club here has taken possession yet. One is built and on it's way, the others are still in la-la land.

#6 ·
BX = Good order, available for scheduling.

Basically just means it passed all edits and is available to be picked up for build...depending on allocation

#7 ·
Unfortunately for me.....my dealer didn't receive any so far. Keeping my fingers crossed that they drop that nonsense and just start building sold orders. I could have ordered from another dealer with allocation and a 15 to 20k markup but since i live in North Dakota at it was -13 when i woke up this morning im more than ok to wait till may for mine at msrp. Fingers crossed its no later than may. We will see.

#9 ·
Next time just go to your original message and click edit and you can fix the post that way... FYI

#11 ·
Because ive yet to see 1 with sepia interior with sublime green and auto. Thats how i ordered mine. I have no problem with waiting for what i want. Also i dont agree with paying 20k over msrp which is what dealerships all over my area are doing. Like i previously posted i wouldn't be driving it at this time anyway. If May comes and I've yet to receive a vin i will however expand my search. This car is a luxury purchase not a necessity. Like I've seen in several other threads I've never had a harder time trying to give 65k away lol

#15 ·
You should be able to call your dealer and they can look it up for you. When i initially ordered i wanted the sunroof and black hood and i was in BA status. Meaning that it wasn't able to be made yet. I took off the hood and roof and then it bumped to BX meaning the parts are available. Just waiting to be built

#17 ·
There is a good/bad side to ordering at MSRP. Dealers know this is a long shot, but they take your money anyway. They never told you guys about the diff between dealer orders and allocation orders. Allocations are at the very top of the food chain.

#29 ·
A load of crap... likely is his attempt at an explanation for why your car is not moving out of BX when in reality he doesn't have an allocation. As much as it sucks, people who ordered way later than you already have VINs. Old orders are slowly getting some VINs but it's not been as fast as most would hope for.

Has your dealer received and delivered *any* Hellcats? If not, you might want to explore other options, including finding one on a lot, even if you have to travel to *anywhere* in the continental US.

#30 ·
I then asked him if he though I would get my car by May 1st and he said this "your guess is as good as mine. They won't say squat anymore about timeframes"

Yes they have received and delivered one other Hellcat, I was second on the list.

Trust me I am looking all over for one. If a Sublime auto pops up on cars.com or on ebay, I inquire on it. 9 of 10 that pop up on cars.com are sold orders. The others are all over Msrp. I have an agreement to buy mine for invoice from the dealer I ordered from so I am trying to be patient..

#31 ·
Wish I could have helped you back on 12/26/2014 when I took delivery of my Challenger. Another Hellcat, Sublime A8 came on the same truck as mine. Buyer had to back out. It quickly sold for MSRP thereafter. Try to be patient, it is worth it... and with a little bit of luck you may find a Sublime, it is the 2nd most popular color according to RS (when you combine both blacks as #1 ).

#33 ·
I order 9/9 at 9am. Dealer had allocation, and I got my VIN on 10/16. Car still hasn't been built. So don't fool yourself into thinking that getting a VIN means you get a car right away. I've had a vin for almost 5 months. Also, I feel kind of bad for guys that ordered on 9/9 at a dealership without allocation. But there are some of us like me that did everything right, made sure the dealer had allocation, ordered the moment order banks opened, and still don't have a car.

Reactions: Supercharged_Fun
#37 ·
Meanwhile, people order a car in January of this year, and have it built and delivered. All because they meet a magic checklist, that has "# of overall Dodge sales" on it.

And FCA says it's all working as intended. But hey, I guess it's your fault for choosing a dealership that doesn't meet their criteria, right?

#35 ·
I ordered first in line in September .. and it was built months ago, only for the dealer to keep it and return my deposit, and try to get 100k for it. Ironically they still have it on their lot. I pass it every day on my way to work. That might be worse than not getting it built, LOL.

#36 ·
Name and shame my friend.

#38 ·
Here in Portland, OR, we have 2 guys in our club with 2, well, almost.

One guy bought a Sublime with an A8, and a Black with the stick, just so he'd have one of each. He wanted the Satin hood on the sublime, but we know what has happened there, so he had his Sublime hood wrapped. He
paid whatever the silly markup was because he just doesn't care.

Second guy pictured here, says he ordered his Sublime with the Satin hood and sunroof and stick in September,
but ended up cancelling the sunroof option, and is STILL waiting for his sublime. He wanted one real bad, so he went out and bought this Brilliant Black, with the A8, while he waits for his Sublime to be delivered. He does NOT want it without the factory Satin hood, so he says he's gonna wait it out.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Muscle car Automotive design

#40 · (Edited)
Waiting since 9/9/14 2:31pm. No vin. Not patiently anymore. Looking elsewhere.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.