Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Hellcat bargains!!

11K views 46 replies 32 participants last post by  FourMopars 
#1 ·
Finally, serious $ off MSRP.

I check pricing every couple of weeks by googling "Hellcats for sale". To my delight, this morning I discovered discounts on new 2016s reaching -5k off list.

I'm torn as my SPS is actually rarer than the HC but at 6+ off (which, I suspect will soon be coming with the 17s on the way) I might pull the trigger.

#4 ·
I've noticed drops on 2015's as well. The dealers in my area are still getting their mark ups so I won't be buying local when the time comes. The last new 2015 I looked at last winter at my local dealer had a ~$63K MSRP and was marked up to an even $90K. They now have two 2016's on one lot and two at their other location. I may swing by this weekend to see if they are still putting ridiculous mark ups on them.

#8 ·
After waiting just bought the wife hers. Brand new with only 8 miles and way under MSRP. Was looking for a sublime for me but hearing Go Green is around the corner I am excited.

#9 ·
I just sit there and smile when I talk to people who paid a dealer markup. It does pay to be patient with any new car. I hope Dodge is smart enough not to raise the MSRP even more for 2017. I think that is one of the things that slowed down demand on the 16s and forced dealers to start discounting them.

#10 ·
Finally, serious $ off MSRP. I check pricing every couple of weeks by googling "Hellcats for sale". To my delight, this morning I discovered discounts on new 2016s reaching -5k off list. I'm torn as my SPS is actually rarer than the HC but at 6+ off (which, I suspect will soon be coming with the 17s on the way) I might pull the trigger.
A Hellcat is tempting, but I would keep the SPS. Unless you will be racing the Hellcat, you can't use its 707 hp on the street.

#13 ·
What dealer? Did a quick search.... Found 3 dealers near Atlanta...All the website seemed to have a small markup on them.

#15 ·
I can confirm, HCs are dropping in price. Especially in large markets with lots of inventory.

Just picked up my '16 A8 for more than 5% less than MSRP in Phoenix area.

#16 ·
The whole auto market had a rough May and apparently June wasn't any better.

GM just announced 20% off of the top end of a bunch of models. That's $10K off the price if you're in the market for an SS or a Silverado 4WD Crew Cab.

Pricing an SS at just under $40K makes it very tempting. Especially with no improvements coming for the Challenger until at least 2019. And I did thoroughly enjoy my '05 GTO.

Though I do love the styling panache of my Challenger over the rather pedestrian Malibu-esque appearance of the SS.

#18 ·
#20 ·
While standard color Hellcats may be decreasing in price, Go Mango cats around New England are as much as $10,000 over MSRP. You'd think the orange paint was really gold leaf added to the cost of the car. If someone's stupid enough to pay over MSRP at this point in time, they deserve to get ripped off. There's NO shortage of Go Mango Hellcats from what I can see, especially if the color's going to be carried over for 2017.

#21 ·
#23 ·

Attachments

#22 ·
If you go to cargurus which posts a lot of dealers (not all) there are some great deals to be found on used hellcats. For instance , 3 weeks ago, there was only 3 hellcats on there under 60k. Last week there was 13 and this week its up over 20! 60k and below. I have found two that are brand new under 60k. A dealer out of texas

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.