Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Hellcat Deposits Getting Returned

60K views 319 replies 92 participants last post by  BlueCat 
#1 ·
My local 4 dealers are returning all deposits for Hellcat orders.
Due to extremely limited availability was the reason for the refunds.
This only applies to the 2015 model accorded to the GM at the Viper dealer.
Not exactly sure what changed on Thursday? But the refund checks were being cut.

#2 ·
And I just read on another forum that ResumeSpeed said expect at least 6000 Hellcat Challegers for model year15 if not more...Who to believe?

#11 ·
Does anybody know just how many have been produced? In 2008 they had a 6400 run in about 5 months. Not all the cars left on dealers floors sold either.

6000 not a lot of cars for the World market they sell in for 2015. (Which Started in September was it?) Dealers could already know they are not getting another Challenger Hellcat for this year.

Yes it is a high demand, and therefore might sell out all the cars in the first half of the year.

BW just might be spot on.

#3 ·
I smell scam, i believe RS, i think the 4 dealers getting together to make it seem they are going to be limited edition so they can now sell them for 90k, they are not worry about returning the deposits since they can sell one any day with so much demand...since the begining we have known they will NOT be limited production...it is a real hot car and very very good price for the hp...so theres alot of customers that want one and dodge cant keep up with ...thats all i think....

#4 ·
Yep, I bet the dealers would rather put the few cars they can get on the floor with a huge mark up on them rather than sell to a pre-paying customer for near MSRP.

Reactions: rajunz
#5 ·
it's all about their allocations. my dealer didn't give a damn about the scat pack we ordered. during the negotiations, the sales manager said he'd just assume to sell the car to someone else. I'm thinking,"we haven't even ordered it yet", but that's where the allocations play in. they want top dollar on their allocations. it's all about the numbers. Agreed, they are scamming the public with returning the deposits.....

#9 ·
Bergeron Automotive was the dealer I talked to that told me the intel.
They have delivered 3 Hellcats.
Maybe it was allocation? Not really sure but they returned all deposits.

#13 ·
I could understand it being an allocation issue at this point for the 2015 models.

Our dealership told us when we ordered that it may be 2016 before we received ours due to all the orders that FCA had received for these cars.
But we have a good relationship with the dealership so they were able to push our order up..

They also stated that from what they have been told all orders that are currently in the system will be filled. It is just going to take a while....just like when the 2013/2014 GT 500's came out..

Dale

#10 ·
Should be returned with interest.....

#12 ·
The only way in hell a dealer voluntarily lets go of money (deal) is if he thinks he can make more with someone else. I've defended a few dealers in posts here when posters say they are stealing, gouging or taking advantage of people when they're prices are too high above MRSP, it's not any of that if the customer agrees to the deal and voluntarily makes a purchase. Dealership can choke on it at higher than MRSP but if someone purchases so be it.

This sounds different, if there was a deal in the table, a deposit made and they're returning it to resell, then they are scum and if four different dealers did it together it's illegal and called collusion. If those dealers get Hellcat's in now and sell them above what the others have agreed to they are the type of scum that others had referenced using the wrong reasoning.

#15 ·
I put 2k down to keep my spot on the list. still No.1 on list. Talked to my salesman yesterday and they are waiting for next allotment. he did not know when that was going to be. I messaged the SRT guys and they said the second week in Feb. this dealer is also a viper dealer. So I'm waiting. no deposit return here .

#16 · (Edited)
According to Tim K if you have a V.O.N you get a car........Not sure what's up with this dealer.

My dealer told me Chrysler will tell them to stop taking orders and will no longer issue V.O.N's once they cant produce anymore Hellcats for the 2015 Model year.

So essentially the system would no longer allow dealers to order a Hellcat once the 2015 model year is "sold out"

Plans do change sometimes and I guess they have to see the demand for the Charger Hellcat (which I don't see as even remotely approaching the Challenger Hellcat demand)

I got my V.O.N at the end of December without a deposit and all systems are still a go. :)

#17 ·
I'm starting to see more than a few show up for sale @MSRP, you need to be on it ASAP when it comes up, the other day I posted a HC Charger @MSRP buy it now on Ebay, car had a vin and was being built. The HC site has had a few show in recent days also that members snatched up... the issue with challengers is they now share the line with chargers and there were shortages on parts before that came into effect......

Reactions: 70TA-09RT
#18 ·
Yep sounds like a scam. RS said they have built 2000 so far and expect at least 6000 or more. He's also said they have the ability to built 10,000 if needed. And as mentioned Tim K has said multiple times if you have a von we will build you a car.

#20 ·
The dealership I work for has allocation and we have vin's not von's they have had to return the most recent deposits... for sold orders I have no other information as to why. I do know that the customer must have a $10,000 deposit and credit approval if financing.

#25 ·
The name on the order must match the name upon delivery. If not the dealer gets caught scalping the sale and Dodge SRT don't want that. So in order to keep a real buyer and protect the dealer creditability with SRT they ask for a sizable deposit I assume.

#26 ·
I believe BW here... If a dealer took 20+ orders he might as well return the deposits of #20 a and beyond. My dealer told me they won't accept any more orders (I have my VIN with a written deal at MSRP so no reason for him to lie to me).

Cats are available right now on dealer lots or in transit for MSRP... So if you're worried about not getting yours then go hunt one down

#31 ·
Someone else said that there is now a hold on Scat Pack orders. I wonder if the factory is about to go on a marathon hellcat production run.

Has Dodge always been this way with factory orders and options? It seems like organized chaos to me, especially when they change the contents of order packages half way through the production year (i.e. SPAG).

#35 · (Edited)
Resume Speed stated yesterday that it looks like they will build 700 Hellcats for January......the most so far.

And barring part shortages RS says we should be looking at 800 to 1000 Hellcats per month.....

That's a crap load of Hellcats :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.