Hellcat Deposits Getting Returned - Page 29 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

SRT Hellcat 6.2L Supercharged (2015 - ) Would you like the BLACK KEY or the RED KEY?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #281 of 320 (permalink) Old 02-16-2015, 04:47 PM
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charger440rt View Post
So true and I learned this the hard way. My dealer basically gave my deposit back, ripped up the contract and said 'sue him' and had other plans for mine. He did not have another buyer in mind but instead visions of grandeur that he would get 100k for the car. Ironically 'my' Hellcat still sits on their lot unsold months later. And when it came time for my wife to buy an SUV guess where we did NOT buy it from? They seem to think they can burn bridges and it's the only car a whole family is ever going to buy in their life. It actually shows very poor long term business sense and embarrasses the manufacturer in the eyes of the consumer. I cannot believe these 'businessmen' are allowed to represent a manufacturer and act the way they do. Then they take offense when people make fun of the stereotypical car dealer.
I still think we should have a thread detailing dealers to avoid. Sort of a "buyer beware" thread. It would have the name of the dealer, poc, and a brief descriptipn on their shady tactics.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #282 of 320 (permalink) Old 02-16-2015, 08:11 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to owenspackman Send a message via MSN to owenspackman
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp303 View Post
I still think we should have a thread detailing dealers to avoid. Sort of a "buyer beware" thread. It would have the name of the dealer, poc, and a brief descriptipn on their shady tactics.

There is already a thread listing dealers marking up hellcats. This might be what you're looking for.

Sold: 2011 Challenger R/T w/ Mopar Appearance Package. Brilliant Black, 6M.
Arrived 4/26!!: 2015 SRT Hellcat. Phantom Black PC, 6M, Sepia Laguna Leather.
post #283 of 320 (permalink) Old 02-17-2015, 08:25 PM

Hey charger 440RT:

Do you really think the Dealer is concerned about you? For every one of you there will be many others who will fill your void. An extra 20 or 30K is much more important to them and in the long run he will never miss your business. In fact, he will be richer for having cut you loose. Did you really think he might feel otherwise? Welcome to the real world of selling cars.

Last edited by toofast850; 02-17-2015 at 08:26 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to toofast850 For This Useful Post:
buckwheat (02-17-2015)

post #284 of 320 (permalink) Old 02-17-2015, 10:53 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by toofast850 View Post
Hey charger 440RT:

Do you really think the Dealer is concerned about you? For every one of you there will be many others who will fill your void. An extra 20 or 30K is much more important to them and in the long run he will never miss your business. In fact, he will be richer for having cut you loose. Did you really think he might feel otherwise? Welcome to the real world of selling cars.

Hmmmm,

That's what the "Markem up" dealers selling gen V Vipers thought.

Look how that turned out.

The Viper was truly a limited car also....... unlike the Hellcat.

Smart dealers will not think there are unlimited customers that will pay 20 to 30 K markups.

Smart dealers don't screw over loyal customers.

But hey....that's just my opinion.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2015 M6 SRT HELLCAT
PITCH BLACK, BLACK RIMS, BLACK INTERIOR, RED SEAT BELTS, NAV
#3702.......1 of 10 as configured

2016 Scat Pack Charger

2016 M7 Z06
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rumpass For This Useful Post:
Charger440rt (02-18-2015), gasser (02-28-2015), RANGERMAN (02-18-2015), Supercharged_Fun (02-19-2015), wasp392 (02-18-2015)
post #285 of 320 (permalink) Old 02-18-2015, 08:23 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by toofast850 View Post
Hey charger 440RT:

If I replied what I really would like to tell you, I'd probably get banned. So instead I'll just suggest you note my Hellcat is STILL sitting on his lot months later. What does that tell you? And it also means he likely won't qualify for more allocations for a while under the new guidelines. Meanwhile a 'certain' dealer in Ohio will fill 250 "deposited" Hellcat orders likely by the time 2015 is up when they ramp up their production towards the end of the year. Let's do the math. 250 x 6k (profit at msrp) = $1,500,000 net earnings and future business ... while my local dealer is still struggling to sell one and make 30k on it, and paying interest on it being an unsold vehicle. Heck, even if the Ohio dealer gets only 10 of these he still made DOUBLE. So instead, welcome to the real world of short term greed leading to making less for dealers that 'can't do basic math'.

Last edited by Charger440rt; 02-18-2015 at 09:29 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Charger440rt For This Useful Post:
fltinstructor (02-20-2015), sledguy (02-18-2015)
post #286 of 320 (permalink) Old 02-20-2015, 04:58 PM

Don't misunderstand me. I do NOT agree with the way some of these dealers conduct business. I was just pointing out what I have seen for many years in the past when these situations ( a hot car ) have occurred. The Dealer will still be in business long after this Hellcat frenzy has ended in spite of your computations. Sometimes they make bad deals just like we do and some time they get it wrong. Overall, they most likely will still be selling cars to others long after your anger subsides.
post #287 of 320 (permalink) Old 02-25-2015, 01:08 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charger440rt View Post
If I replied what I really would like to tell you, I'd probably get banned. So instead I'll just suggest you note my Hellcat is STILL sitting on his lot months later. What does that tell you? And it also means he likely won't qualify for more allocations for a while under the new guidelines. Meanwhile a 'certain' dealer in Ohio will fill 250 "deposited" Hellcat orders likely by the time 2015 is up when they ramp up their production towards the end of the year. Let's do the math. 250 x 6k (profit at msrp) = $1,500,000 net earnings and future business ... while my local dealer is still struggling to sell one and make 30k on it, and paying interest on it being an unsold vehicle. Heck, even if the Ohio dealer gets only 10 of these he still made DOUBLE. So instead, welcome to the real world of short term greed leading to making less for dealers that 'can't do basic math'.

This is very sad and very much a true statement. For some reason most car dealers have fallen into the self defeating trap of trying to screw their customers over for every last possible dollar for short term gain and to hell with long term repeat business and loyalty... Dealerships are run on a 1950s business model. My dealership here in SoCal (Carl Burger Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Chrysler) has my business only because I actually like a few of the employees that work there and of course the simple fact that most dealerships are run exactly the same way so it doesn't really matter where I buy from.. I've been lucky and also know the system so I've been able to save a few bucks but I know the dealer will not even consider letting me buy a Hellcat for MSRP even though I have bought 2 new pickups, (Cummins diesel 4x4 Big Horn, 2013 Ram SLT Power Wagon) 2 new Grand Cherokees and a used 2012 SRT Yellow Jacket from them in the last 4 years.

Any SoCal dealers out there want a loyal customer? Sell me a Hellcat at Invoice + $1,000. Send me a private message. I'll be buying a lot more cars over the next several years including a Viper. Not that long term investments in loyalty matters much to most of you!

post #288 of 320 (permalink) Old 02-25-2015, 02:55 AM

Thanked 4,105 Times in 2,701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
This is very sad and very much a true statement. For some reason most car dealers have fallen into the self defeating trap of trying to screw their customers over for every last possible dollar for short term gain and to hell with long term repeat business and loyalty... Dealerships are run on a 1950s business model. My dealership here in SoCal (Carl Burger Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Chrysler) has my business only because I actually like a few of the employees that work there and of course the simple fact that most dealerships are run exactly the same way so it doesn't really matter where I buy from.. I've been lucky and also know the system so I've been able to save a few bucks but I know the dealer will not even consider letting me buy a Hellcat for MSRP even though I have bought 2 new pickups, (Cummins diesel 4x4 Big Horn, 2013 Ram SLT Power Wagon) 2 new Grand Cherokees and a used 2012 SRT Yellow Jacket from them in the last 4 years.

Any SoCal dealers out there want a loyal customer? Sell me a Hellcat at Invoice + $1,000. Send me a private message. I'll be buying a lot more cars over the next several years including a Viper. Not that long term investments in loyalty matters much to most of you!

Hellcat orders no longer taken for 2015 model year

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

HEMIFEVER TUNED, BARTON+MOPAR SHIFTER, MAGNAFLOW COMP SERIES 16885, MOPAR CAI, RIDETECH TQ LEVEL 3 COILOVERS, MOPAR FRONT & REAR STRUT BRACES, PETTY'S FRONT & REAR SWAY BARS, PETTY'S SUB FRAME CONNECTORS, REM FRONT & REAR SWAY BAR LINKS, REM FCA, REM BUMP STEER KIT, REM RCA, REM REAR TRAILING ARMS, REM FRONT & REAR BUMPER SUPPORTS, APR SPLITTER & WING, CARBOTECH XP12 RACING BRAKES, STOPTECH SS BRAKE LINES, 275/40/20 NITTO NT05 TIRESx4, MRR FS01+275/35/18 NITTO NT01 TRACK WHEELS
post #289 of 320 (permalink) Old 02-27-2015, 04:49 PM

FCA: How to avoid Hellcat ordering disappointment

This blog from FCA confirms the new 1-Cat-per-dealer-per-month allocation. If you are in a long waiting list, your only hope would be for FCA to ramp up production much higher than current rates. No way to know if FCA can or will dramatically increase production, but certainly not encouraging for those on long waiting lists.

Avoiding Hellcat ordering disappointment | FCA Corporate Blog

Daily Driver: 2015 Sublime Hellcat A8
Toy: 1970 Challenger 440

Last edited by MizzouRT; 02-27-2015 at 04:50 PM. Reason: added title
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MizzouRT For This Useful Post:
Fullboost (02-27-2015), rumpass (02-27-2015)
post #290 of 320 (permalink) Old 02-28-2015, 05:53 AM
Supporting Vendor

Thanked 2,426 Times in 1,499 Posts
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRT View Post
This blog from FCA confirms the new 1-Cat-per-dealer-per-month allocation. If you are in a long waiting list, your only hope would be for FCA to ramp up production much higher than current rates. No way to know if FCA can or will dramatically increase production, but certainly not encouraging for those on long waiting lists.

Avoiding Hellcat ordering disappointment | FCA Corporate Blog
Wow will believe that when we see it, our regional group consist of 32 dealers and we are the only one that got units,
Only one.....FCA does not have the engines......

Luke

THANK YOU FOR SHOPPING WITH US
WE WILL NOT BE UNDERSOLD!!!!!!
PLEASE VISIT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FOR THE BEST MOPAR PARTS PRICES ON THE INTERNET!!!!!!

828-324-4410
800-779-3634

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stevewhiteparts For This Useful Post:
buckwheat (03-01-2015), Car Charger (02-28-2015)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger SRT8 Specific > SRT Hellcat 6.2L Supercharged (2015 - )

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f290/hellcat-deposits-getting-returned-316818/
Posted By For Type Date
Avoiding Hellcat ordering disappointment | FCA Corporate Blog This thread Refback 03-11-2015 09:59 PM
Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums This thread Refback 01-24-2015 08:20 PM