Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Hellcat kill list started!

48K views 187 replies 59 participants last post by  tsc 
#1 · (Edited)
I went out and found a performance meet and whipped a bunch of modded cars. Here is a video of the cat against a 97 viper with bolt ons. Driver said he had 500 at the wheels. We also got the yellow Honda 2000 turbo, beat the turbo 392 with 600 to the wheels the white one, beat the black mustang in the video, beat a few Z06's and won a lost some against a gt500 with 600 whp. http://youtu.be/pi_Lja0xqHc

This was earlier in the night when I was on the prowl lol
http://youtu.be/cC6hp8UcmWM

#3 ·
We beat the 392, it was putting 600+. Did not race the vette but had a few run ins with a white gt500 that was modded to 580-600 at the wheels. It was an older one. Saturday I beat him a couple times and hike me. To be honest it was ,y fistfight driving the car hard and I did not do it justice I got better as the night went on though. There is a video on Facebook of me against the get and it is suppose to be all over the gt500 forums. The driver owns a tuner shop and specialized in them. He did something between Saturday and Sunday because he was faster Sunday.

#5 ·
The camera car was a 97 Viper modded with bolt ons putting down 500whp. I just happened to run into them on the street and had just passed the 500 mile break in period. I was actually just using the automatic mode so the car had to go from 5th to 3rd. Later in the night when I started in the right gear the cat was much faster!!

#7 ·
Such a tease. Very disappointing. Get a gopro or a passenger with a camera asap!! Lol

3 cars i wanna see the hellcat race most.
C6Z
13-14 GT500
C7Z

All being stock of course.

#13 ·
Are there any of those left stock? I can't remember the last time I saw a video of a stock C6Z, GT500? Hell, there are modded C7Zs already. A stock GT500 is like a four-leaf clover.

#9 ·
No **** huh? Maybe I am getting old but one F' up and you will be driving a pickup the rest of your life....when you get your license back and find some high risk insurance.

People are going to want to measure their schlongs to see if one is a bit bigger. They can learn the hard way. For me, I'm cruising the prom queen.

#17 · (Edited)
I go to Houstn a lot,looks like the POPO are prepared,on I-10 I see two SS Camaro's.A couple of times I've seen a black SRT Challenger.For the serious chase I guess?If they find it in the budget for an Hellcat,you guys are in trouble!

They do like street racing.I went there to contend a ticket.After 2 400mile round trips,gave up and settled for a lower fine.If I figure in the fuel,two days of lost pay from work,should have just paid it in the first place.

Anyway,leaving the court get on 6-10 a Shelby comes up along side,don't pay much attention.Then a pickup pulls up on the other side and gives the 3 honk for the start.
I'm just leaving the court,Houston traffic at 11 AM.As much as I would like to give him a try.NO THANKS!

#12 ·
I find it a little hypocritical that some will pass judgement on someone for street racing when we have all gunned it at some point in our life. I lost a friend at 13 years old who was in a car with his foolish cousin who decided to race on the street so I know very well the damage that can be caused by it. However I thought the highway runs were very brief and if I was in the same situation I'd probably want to play around also. No harm no foul.

To those who make remarks about "what an idiot for street racing!" Etc......why are you even clicking on the link to watch the video in the first place when you know that's exactly what's taking place? If you don't agree with it that's fine but keep it to yourself. If you feel the urge to preach about street racing every time a thread or vid is posted then do us a favor and don't click the link.

I do not condone street racing but I am not opposed to highway runs every once in a while. Yes I do think the best thing to do is take it to the track but not all of us have a track in our backyard.

Sorry for the hijack......end rant!

#147 ·
Back in the 70's yes boys im old according to some. We Raced on the Street in an unpopulated area in Chicago known as the Incinerators. Factorys on both sides Long run.
If you lost it you kissed the side of a building, nothing or no one else was involved.
The Police would show up and open the fire hydrants to flood the streets and shut it down.
Back then if you got caught racing anywhere you got a ticket for reckless driving.
Now you can do jail time, loose your car, license and be fined heavily.

Common sense gets consumed by the Ego.
I do believe we have all been there at one time.

Lifes too short enjoy the ride.

#16 ·
I love street racing in Mexico. I do like to make sure it's a empty highway so the only idiots that could get hurt are me and whoever I'm racing.

Nice kills! I would love to see you run the ZR1 that should be a good race.

#19 · (Edited)
I went out and found a performance meet and whipped a bunch of modded cars. Here is a video of the cat against a 97 viper with bolt ons. Driver said he had 500 at the wheels. We also got the yellow Honda 2000 turbo, beat the turbo 392 with 600 to the wheels the white one, beat the black mustang in the video, beat a few Z06's and won a lost some against a gt500 with 600 whp. http://youtu.be/pi_Lja0xqHc
This was earlier in the night when I was on the prowl lol
http://youtu.be/cC6hp8UcmWM
Are these real videos???
Looks like you have 2 different accounts too, huh??
I had no idea what I was watching in the second video posted. What was I looking at?? :scratchhead:
lol

#21 ·
I just want to say thanks to the people who had positive responses to the thread. To the rest of you smh you know **** just happens sometimes and you don't always have a professional crew on standby. Everyone here has been wanting footage or just to talk about a Hellcat.... I put a video of one racing in action and all I get is negativity. pfff what a bunch of *****es you don't like it don't watch. You think you can do better? Go do it!

To the guys that are against street racing or buy a car with 700 hp to "cruise" lmfao the car is meant to be driven and driven hard! Not saying anything about street racing other than I cant stop them and I did not start them. I joined them because I drove up on it on the freeway at random and had several very safe chances to mash the gas with no one around on an open highway at 2-3 am. Get over it, your probably texting and driving everyday but you have a problem with good drivers in high performance cars on empty freeways going fast in a straight line for 3-6 secs at a time? We are far less dangerous than the avg idiot in a Camry driving distracted! There are no less than 50 high performance cars racing every single night on the Houston freeways. On the weekends hundreds and you never here about anyone getting hurt. It is the mental midget who does not know how to drive that gets people hurt not the experienced gear heads that love their cars. (Usually)

I posted the videos I had available at the time, to share my experiences with the forum.?ecause of the way the thread went I will not post anymore. I have been getting them sent to me from all the drivers that were out that night and could not wait to share. I am shocked that they did not get a better response so I wont piss anyone off by posting more. I have no problem emailing them to anyone who would like to see them though.

#27 ·
You just don't get it do you? You did not hear what I said you just hear what you want to. Smh you sound like one of those old guys that drink beer every night but judge a guy who smokes a joint once in a while. I did a couple of pulls on the freeway in the middle of the night because I found myself in the middle of a bunch of guys street racing. Never cliaimed to be a "street racer". First time in my life to do it so stop preaching. Do you even have a clue as to what goes on? These guys are organized they have walkie talkies, look outs and go to remote highways or wait until there are no pedestrians on the road near them. They slow to a roll and mash it in a straight line for a few seconds?? If you think that is more dangerous than 5 o'clock traffic in Houston you are on crack. Not saying it is "right" I am saying they are very careful and it is about as safe as racing could be. Theses guys are not weaving in and around traffic, they do whatever they can to avoid all traffic. Worst thing that can happen is they kill themselves or hurt the pretty freeway. People kill themselves doing all kind of stupid things.

#33 ·
please post more vids if you have them and forget the crybabies. Also be safe out there and enjoy the beast. Those videos on the street racers were very tame. I've seen 2 or 3 rice burners doing 100+ weaving in and out of traffic across all lanes and onto the shoulder....and will see that at least once a month here in Houston.

#35 ·
In the morning I am getting a go pro angle from a 2009 gt500 making around 600 whp. We had 4 good runs on the video from what I have heard. I will post the videos then.

I was still getting used to the car and not getting the best start on a couple of the runs. This car is sensitive and is going to take some seat time to get the best times. Very difficult to get all that power to the ground on 275's lol

#45 ·
I am somewhat puzzled and bemused by this thread. On one hand we have the guys that want to exercise the performance of their Hellcat and on the other hand the guys that fear that we will kill or maim there children or ourselves because we are being completely irresponsible.
Not that my thoughts matter a one iota. But here is my take on it. Why buy a Hellcat if you are not on the odd occasion going to enjoy it to the full. You have to pick and choose your moments carefully. Choose an occasion that will not put you or others at unnecessary risk. But life itself is a risk. Avoid being caught by the police or in the UK a speed camera or the myriad of unmarked police cars that we have over here.
I did think long and hard about buying a Hellcat. I am not that good at exercising restraint. But I like to think that I pick and choose my moments very carefully and I never drive on the road like I do on the track. There are occasions that I have taught people a lesson. One such time was when a german plated Mercedes Sprinter van tried to drive my wife into the central reservation barrier on a motorway.
Perhaps it is an intense dislike of being told what to do but I am not very good at being a lamb. Speed limits as far as I am concerned are advisory. If I am not in a hurry I will abide by them. If I am feeling a little frisky then I might choose not to abide by them.
There is a guy local to me with a C63AMG. Got to be in his mid 40's. Very aggressive driver. Undertakes, weaves in and out, cuts people up. See him quite a lot on my way to work. When I get my Hellcat I just might have to teach him a lesson :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.