Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Hellcat MPG vs Z06

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  THEONE 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Yep, they did an incredible job on the Hellcat. Bigger, heavier, just as quick (ideally speaking) and only penalized 1 MPG in each category, not bad. :thumbsup:

Reactions: Supercharged_Fun
#3 ·
What Dodge/SRT has done to get the Hellcat and make it what it is today is nothing short of amazing. The HP and TQ numbers WELL EXCEED my expectations and both the Challenger and Charger are nasty machines, while being a little easy on the wallet when it comes time to fueling up, considering the amount of fuel being used to power these beasts. :thumbsup:

#4 · (Edited)
If that ends up being the final MPG for the Z06, it really does show that 8-4 cylinder deactivation didn't do much for the Z06 engine in comparison to the Hellcat.

Also, from the engine standpoint, it really shows that Dodge did the Hellcat right by leaving out the technology frills; sticking to all out horsepower/torque and letting the transmission be the efficiency cog.

#5 ·
If that ends up being the final MPG for the Z06, it really does show that 8-4 cylinder deactivation didn't do much for the Z06 engine in comparison to the Hellcat.

It was always a puzzle in my mind how 8-4 cylinder deactivation could help much considering the same engine rotating mass. I suppose that removing the compression stroke on those deactivated cylinders is enough:scratchhead:

#10 ·
My 2014 Shelby is rated at something like 15 and 24. It's a scam. With cars like mine and the Hellcat, those numbers are only achieved if you put it in 6th and cruise for long distances at 60 mph. If I get on it even once in awhile, but drive like a granny the rest of the time, I'm looking at 17-18 in mixed/realistic driving conditions. Hellcat should be similar......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.