Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Are hellcats sold out for 2015?

9K views 36 replies 25 participants last post by  70TA-09RT 
#1 ·
Hey guys...super excited cats our out there and being driven by the public. I'm still saving up for mine and originally wanted to order one for Spring of 2015. With the low allocation numbers, do you think it's still possible to get a Hellcat in 2015? Just keep hearing Dodge took so many orders already. Should I just go order one now and just assume it will take 6 months before it's delivered? That's about as much time as a I need to save $30,000.

#2 ·
The 2015 HC is being extend thru the end of September to get as many as possible built, get your name on a short list if possible now...........

#4 · (Edited)
They will be at dealerships sitting in their showrooms at some point...once 2000-4000 hard core HC guys get theirs the market will slow down....you are already seeing ebay drop from +20k to +5-10k in a month

by Spring it may be MSRP

unless they stop production at 4,000 you will find one....maybe by late Spring it will even be under MSRP if your willing to travel

right now you have 200-400 guys willing to pay anything to get one NOW fighting for 20 cars sitting at dealerships...calling every dealer weekly....when i bought my 2013 GT500 they told me id never find one for under MSRP because it was the new HOT car for 2013(just like the HC is for 2015)....i found mine across the country in Feb 2013 for -4450 off sticker......while many local dealers wanted 5-10k over sticker still to order one for me....if your willing to travel there will be HC deals at some point

yes you will get a HC for 2015...unless Dodge limits production and stops making them

#5 ·
Huggytree they will never be sitting around dealerships selling for under MSRP. I Talked in length with the VP of SRT Racing yesterday. They are playing this rollout like a Hollywood script

#6 ·
Find a dealer today that has no one on a waiting list and place your order. If Dodge continues with allocations, you might have a chance of getting a car this model year. Keep in mind, Dodge isn't holding the orders, dealers are holding them. Some dealers have a waiting list with lots of names, and other dealers might not have a waiting list at all. You need to call around and ask specifically if they have a list and how long it is. Don't let someone BS you into putting down a huge deposit promising you a car. And don't pay over MSRP. No one likes this allocation process, but it's what we have to work with for now. Dealers probably won't know their January allocation until January. But if they have had one or two already, there's a chance they would get another one. Get on the phone today and start calling dealers. Stay out of Texas and California. From what I have read here, they are charging WAY over MSRP. There are threads here about dealers to avoid who are selling over sticker, and a few mentions about good dealers too. Let us know how you make out with this.

#8 · (Edited)
Steven sbs plenty of Intel. I will be back at the dealer today. SRT is in town testing the Vipers at the Nola Raceway Park its a Indy track so they are around town visiting. They are filming dealer deliveries of Hellcats and enjoying all the Buzz. I will say the Allocation process is not going Anywhere. Unless Sergio himself makes a Major Change its staying.

#10 ·
Yeah I have had some tempting offers on mine... Most dealers around here charging $2000 over to as much as $15k over and getting it. If someone says the right number and has cash I'd place an order and wait for the first run of 2016s if need be, personally. I don't WANT to sell it but...if I can walk away with $10k profit after driving it a month...I'd be a fool not to.

#14 ·
I do not know my brother. I would get that SRT sold (gorgeous btw) and place an order if you want one new - what do you have to lose if you can lock one in at MSRP? Remember, just a couple weeks ago you though you could wait to March or April and then be able to find 3 or 4 Hellcats on every dealer's lot. Now you have pushed that scenario back to September. IMHO, Dodge can and will build as many as ordered and sold, but they will never build a whole lot more than that. But hey, I could be wrong, would not be the first time.

#15 · (Edited)
ive had offers on my 2011 IE...one was only $1000 off of what i want, but i said no thanks...im holding out....when you have quality/rarity you can typically get top dollar...im asking thousands under bluebook just to move it....i have an interested buyer coming over today....+ im getting 1-2 calls a day lately for it...it will sell..

the only option i want is a Sunroof....i love mine in my 2011.....i cant see buying w/o

i may jump on a sublime stripped model though....if my IE sells it will be hard waiting until Sept for a sunroof.......i suspect ill find something early Spring though..im too impatient...if the IE doesnt sell ill be looking into a trade in when a HC shows up locally....ive been offered $32,500 on trade already

#16 ·
#20 ·
"Find a dealer today that has no one on a waiting list and place your order."

=====================

The above is good advice IF all dealers were honest. From first hand experience I can tell you they will take your deposit, tell you that you're 'first' and then STILL be putting 'feelers' out to sell the car to anyone who would offer them any amount more. I am not saying all dealers are like this but unless you really know one personally well, even that advice is still a crap shoot.

#21 ·
This is very good advice. It's even the same advice I got from the dealer I bought my 09 srt from. This guy said he would not take an order from me unless he could order the car for me at that time.
I over heard a conversation with a salesman at another dealership (from a floor salesman to his manager). The manager said "we can take any order any time". The floor guy came back to me and didn't propose that I get in a line.
So exactly what does getting in line mean? Does a VON cinch the deal?
These questions keep coming up.

#24 ·
My 500KR was sitting on the showroom floor because dealer was trying to get over MSRP of $87K. They were getting that in the beginning. I took it off the floor at $59K. I then sold it after Shelby signed it for $55K. These prices will come down without a doubt.

#30 ·
Things will settle down at some point, usually when something better comes in line, I purchased my KR a year after, still sitting in the dealers show room, offered 55K and three days later it was in my garage, there are very few modern cars built today that can buck that trend....

#25 ·
i think much of this problem is Dodges fault........all they have to say is there will be open ordering in the Spring

right now they are saying nothing and its causing the millionaires to panic and spend $5k-20k extra

its making the normal people think MSRP is a awesome deal....most of us here dream of MSRP....its kinda odd

Dodge is keeping things vague and letting the dealerships scare people w/ mis information..

i see the Z28 selling now for -$15k.......a few months ago it was selling for +$5k-10k

things will settle down at some point.....some of the people waiting will never get their HC and will move onto to whatever is next/better instead....If Dodge would just announce how many they will make and calm people down it would put an end to much of this.....instead they are silent and any statements they do make are vague...they like to use the words ''can'' or ''could'' instead of ''will''

#32 · (Edited)
I left the dealer with 4 miles on the clock Hands Down BMF!!

#33 ·
At the dealer I work for the Hellcats are still on restriction. Meaning, they will accept orders but it is a toss up when the order will get pulled for production or, if history repeats itself, whether it will get pulled at all.

Basically the order goes to the queue and it may or may not get pulled.

Its a guess on my part so don't hold me to it but orders that are put in with a dealer now would probably be looking at a late March-mid April delivery date. In my region anyhow.

#36 ·
This would be the week to make a fair offer for dealers stock hellcats, end of the month and calender year, closer to the last day the better, try to deal directly with the manager if possible and walk to the next dealer if there is no deal, not saying one can be had for MSRP, but the dealer may feel better getting something over it..

Reactions: 70TA-09RT
#37 ·
If you happen to be chasing the HellCat keep on banging on doors and what Tout09 said is the best advice as the EOY Big Finish Events many dealers will look to mave everything they can! The bigger problem is the advertised price at MSRP to get you in the door and tell you the car is SOLD or has a Market Adjustment!!! But hey while your here take a look at our SRT or Scat Pack! Watch out for the Hook :guiness:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.