Dodge Challenger Forum banner

How diiferent is the Viper Stryker Red VS Redline Pearl Tri Coat?

23K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  TrevorD 
#1 ·
Hello - I'm a huge fan of Red Cars...but I also know they bring a lot of attention. I've seen it first hand. I also own a black Lingenfelter C6 Z06 this is sick fast and that's my weekend runner.

So, I ordered the Granite color with the ruby red seat inserts. With the 8-speed auto for a daily driver. But ever time I see that Barrett-Jackson Charity 2015 Hellcat vin#1 in Viper Stryker Red paint...I tell myself...that car looks awesome!

My basic question is Viper Stryker Red very close to the Challenger Redline Pearl Tri Coat that might be offered in later builds. I think I'm getting really close to getting a build date...and I'm wondering if I could have my dealer change my order to the Redline Red if it looks anything like the Viper Stryker Red.

I understand that would delay my order quite a bit, but at the same time I don't really need a Hellcat at the end of December either....

Any input or help about the Redline vs Stryker Red paint would be great.

See less See more
#3 ·
That's sad to find out...the Stryker Red looked fantastic on the Hellcat!

Does anybody happen to have a side-by-side with the Stryker Red & the Redline pearl... in any car design/model, etc... I thought they look kind of close from the Google images I have looked at. What am I missing?

#5 ·
No side by side but hear is a Viper In Stryker Red. Although you can fine a much better example doing a google search for Stryker red. Then search redline red tri-coat pearl. You'll see the diff.

Stryker Red is much much brighter & richer. It's pretty close to the Old Candy Apple Red really.

Redline has flake in it to make it sparkle, and turns the paint to a pink hue in certain lights.

Stryker red reminds me more of the Octane Red 100th anniversary color, except without the flake.

#7 ·
I owned a 2011 Redline Tri Coat Challenger. As much as I loved the color, it doesn't compare to the Stryker Red. I ordered a Ivory Pearl HC, but if Stryker Red was an option, I'd change my order to that in a heartbeat. It is absolutely beautiful.

I have several pictures I could send you if you'd like to compare, although you may want to go to your local dealer and see if they have a Tri Coat Red car on the lot to see if it's an option for you.

#16 ·
the one they're using not he hellcat show cars is torred

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.