Dodge Challenger Forum banner

I am at the railhead waiting for them to unload my Hellcat

6K views 37 replies 21 participants last post by  MoparGuy1 
#1 ·
We arranged for me to pick up my car off the rail car. I am here waiting on it. I wolk post up pics.

#4 ·
what??

no real-time, on-scene, rolling video stream?

pfft! poser!

:wink3:

...just kiddin'. congrats on the new vehicle. I can only imagine the angst/anticipation you must be feeling right now. best of luck with the new Challenger, and post plenty of pics! :D

#6 ·
I am surprised they allow that. How cool to see it roll off that way. Post pics when you can.

#9 ·
Im in Louisiana. It is storming its butt off.... I have it and the only pics are of the interior. Unfortunately, my wife got one of me in the rain. I'll post as soon as I figure out how to from my phone.

#12 ·
Here she is.

Attachments

#15 ·
Go to the Google play store on your phone and download the app AutoGuide. This forum along with many other car forums are there and really makes viewing this forum a breeze. Sign in with your regular screen name and password and really easy to post and post pics too. It's a great app!

#24 ·
Nice choice of color. Still waiting on mine to arrive... :( Delivery ETA got bumped to Christmas Day, when of course the dealer is closed. Hoping for an early delivery anytime between now and then.

#25 ·
Thanks guys..... It was a blast. I was stuck in Baton Rouge traffic for an hour.... I just got back and will clean her up and post pics and videos. I have A great story to go along with this car! I will fill ya'll in tomorrow.

#29 ·
Well to answer all of the questions about picking it up at the rail head, it is possible and I did it. I bought the car from my father who has been selling DCJ products at the same dealer for 42 years. The owner has known me all of my life and I even worked for him while in college.

If you have a great relationship with your dealer, all they have to do is write a letter to the trucking company on letter head with all the info and fax it over stating that you will pick it up once unloaded. They also have to notify the area Dodge office which is in Dallas for us. My wife and I drove over there yesterday in the rain (sucked) and waited about an hour while they unloaded the rail car. Once they got it off, they inspected it and then drove it up front. The picture is in front of their office and I was inspecting it before signing off on the bill of laden.

If you plan on doing this you are responsible to do a mini PDI, check fluids and lights etc. Also you have to get the car out of ship mode. It use to be install the IOD fuse, but the new cars have a sequence that has to be performed in order to turn on the info center and get the battery light off. Simply crank the car and turn on the hazards, then you press the up arrow on the left side of the steering wheel until the info center and interior lights come on.

It is still a mess outside and I plan on cleaning up the car today and post videos and pics with my dad and I. Stay tuned.........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.