Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Lifetime Powertrain Warranty: Hellcat?

8K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  rwamser 
#1 ·
I've learned that the factory lifetime extra cost warranty stops at the 392 (no Hellcat). At some point (I assume) my ordered Hellcat will get built, LOL, so I was trying to get an idea on what is available. This car will be kept for life and driven a couple thousand miles a year, so I am more concerned with warranty timeframes than mileage limits. The Chrysler 7 year plan does not make sense for my circumstances since it only gives me 2 extra powertrain years in essence. Are there any lifetime plans available for the Hellcat over the web that are legit. I would even consider powertrain only to get no time limit.

#2 ·
I hate to side track this but is there any information on this site about the lifetime warranty your speaking of? I actually bought it for my Scat Pack and I do plan to keep this car and drive it. I just wanted to make sure i didn't make a bad decision. I'm going to be ordering the book on the warranty information. I got a print out on coverage's but i would like to know opinions on it if possible. I was going to post over in the scat pack side about it but i thought i'd try it here before I double post.

Thanks for any help

#4 ·
Thanks called them, but unfortunately the Chrysler factory extention warranty they and others like them offer is 7 to 8 years max on the Hellcat. That is why I think I have to go with a "3rd party" warranty company in this instance. Hopefully one such company offers a Lifetime Powertrain only plan. The search continues. I really want to not worry longterm, about a catastrophe failure of the engine or trans being how long I will keep this car.

#5 ·
And don't let anyone charge you more than low low 2K's for the lifetime warranty. You can google the Max protection warranty and find a Jeep forum, iirc, that has a long thread on it and points of contact. There are a few places that just sell these real Mopar warranties. One is a dealership in Kansas iirc. Some have gotten it for $2100.

Almost 2 months later I'm still waiting on a refund for my warranty. I realized it was negotiable after the fact and my dealer charged me $3671.12 after FL taxes for my lifetime warranty. I should of done more initial research but at least I caught it. Now Chrysler Capital needs to send me my dang check.:fight:

#7 ·
My dealer give a "Life Time Power Train Warranty" on every Car he sells to the original buyer and so I have a "Life Time Power Train Warranty on my Hellcat" and my dealer confirmed that it covers the Hellcat. The only item not covered is the Clutch
My guess from the info I have been gathering is that they must of put it through Zurich. I called Zurich but they won't sell it direct and they don't have an online list of dealers that represent them, nor the ones that offer the lifetime warranty (few do lifetime). The couple Zurich dealers I did call would not even talk to me since I was not buying a car from them. The next step is trying to find an auto dealer who sells Zurich Lifetime warranties over the web without having to buy a car from them. Finding this is actually harder than buying the factory Dodge warranty online. Too bad Dodge won't do lifetime past the 392.

Could you tell me who your dealer was that placed this 3rd party warranty? Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.