Dodge Challenger Forum banner

My first quick back to back Dyno pulls.

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Supercharged_Fun 
#1 · (Edited)
Even with a slight knock sense between 4-5k rpm (93 octane) I still got 671 wheel HP out of her. With the knock sense I can see where the higher octane fuel should help our cars improve performance some!

By the way, made the pulls in 6th gear (1:1). Top of 6th read almost 200mph. Light Lens flare Automotive lighting Lighting Sky

See less See more
#3 ·
Copy that pigman! Actually my plan is to run the fuel down and fill up with 100 unleaded pump gas and make another pull Friday and see what that does. But yes. I will be at the track sometime in May/ June.

#5 ·
Copy that pigman! Actually my plan is to run the fuel down and fill up with 100 unleaded pump gas and make another pull Friday and see what that does. But yes. I will be at the track sometime in May/ June.
Save yourself some money and skip the 100 unleaded. I ran it last night and made absolutely no difference.

Reactions: BlueCat
#7 · (Edited)
I have done a lot of octane testing with a stock tune and custom tune with out changing the custom tune for higher octane as i always keep 26 degrees in my custom tune as it was dynoed with 91 octane. My custom tune would hold 24 degrees at wot with 91 gas and hold 26 with my 5 gal 50/50 mix of vp109 & 91.
If your pcm isnt pulling timing then higher octane wont help BUT if you use vp109 the higher oxygen in the gas will help make more hp. 100 at the pump has 3.3% oxygen and 91or 93 has 3.5% and vp109 has 6.3% oxy so you see how it can help. I have used 100,vp109 and sunoco 104 along with sunoco E15 and they all worked after mixing with my 91 and in the fuel rails as there was no pcm learning. I always put the higher octane in 5 miles out from the track and by the time i got there it was in the fuel rails. My gas mix ended up with 98 octane with 4.05% oxygen as our ca 91 only has 1.8% oxy so it really made a diff. This 50/50 gas mix worked great with my custom tuned 2007 & 2012 running a bone stock tune as it picked up .5 and 4 mph in the 1/8 mile so we fig out the stock tune had to be pulling timing other wise the gas mix probably wouldnt have worked on the stock tune.

#9 ·
Ya me and the guys at the race shop were talking about that last night. I'm guessing between 745 - 790 crank.

Reactions: Supercharged_Fun
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.