Dodge Challenger Forum banner

New today

8K views 37 replies 27 participants last post by  Fullboost 
#1 ·
Just got a surprise Lime Green manual today. Just stopped in a dealer to see what the story was on getting one and 5 grueling hours later deal done. $6500 over MSRP. Said I would never do it but was still cheaper than the 2015 Z06 I was about to buy.

See less See more
#2 ·
Congrats! You seriously just bought a Hellcat today??? That's awesome, you're a luckier man than most of us, you should be proud when you roll around in that thing. Oh yeah, glad to see that one less Chevy was bought over a Mopar! :banger:

#6 ·
I recently sold my '14 C7 and was going to pick up a C7 Z06 until I seen the pricing. I'm more of a 'muscle car' guy myself and went shopping for a Hellcat instead a few months ago. I had zero luck finding one for less than 10K over msrp in stock and didnt want to try to order one so I picked up a Scat Pack and figured I'd wait a year for a Hellcat.

You only live once, I probably would have taken one of the Hellcats if the dealers would have came down to 5-6K over and the car with the options I wanted was sitting there.

Congrats and enjoy.

#16 · (Edited)
I TOTALLY agree with you but I have been through a lot of vehicles over the last few years. I'm a guy that does what I want but I have a pretyy good wife and she asked nicely if I would jsut get one car and keep it. It was time to buy now, lease was up......really my only chance for a Hellcat and in the long run I spent less than I was planning so in some morphed motophysical psycho way I convinced myself I got a good deal. And........I am trying like hellcat to believe it. :cowtounge:

Last baddarse Mopar I had was a white '62 Dart Wagon 440/727 pushbutton/Charger rear end/totally restored with upgrades. This Cat comes in a very close 2nd.

#14 · (Edited)
No idea. It was one that I knew had arrived about a month ago but I wasn't ready to buy anything and told them don't even bother me if they are wanted over MSRP......so they didnt. Wasn't on their website but wife wanted me to get one so she called couple days ago and they said they still had it. I was going out of town to look at '15 Z06 and stopped by the Dodge store first. Never left.

They told me they had many people call about the car but noone ever showed up with cash.

#13 ·
Congrats on the M6 HC :guiness: You did good if you happen to find one that's available and it's what you want grab it these are going to do nothing but appreciate as the years roll by... and who knows if these will even be available for 2016 Nice Score grip and rip!

#19 ·
Good for you. You only go around once and I'll tell you, you re going to be happy with that car :)

#25 ·
Kudos for buying a Hell Cat...

...but you get demerits for perpetuating the dealer practice of marking these cars over MSRP...

...and thus further contributing to their rationalization of the practice....

...meanwhile, hundreds of folks who ordered in good faith continue to fall victim to dealers with no allocation, or are held hostage by dealers refusing to honor the agreement once the car has arrived unless the original purchaser agrees to pay more.

Reactions: RANGERMAN
#26 ·
Kudos for buying a Hell Cat...

...but you get demerits for perpetuating the dealer practice of marking these cars over MSRP...

...and thus further contributing to their rationalization of the practice....

...meanwhile, hundreds of folks who ordered in good faith continue to fall victim to dealers with no allocation, or are held hostage by dealers refusing to honor the agreement once the car has arrived unless the original purchaser agrees to pay more.

Maybe I should take it back.....I feel bad now........>:)

#29 ·
I absolutely love the story behind your purchase. I know some may chastise you for paying over MSRP, but I also see many posts where people ask if they are getting a good deal and told "if you are comfortable with the price...". From your post I can see where you were comfortable with the price and got what you wanted.:thup: The car is beautiful and I hope you enjoy it for years to come. :cheers:

Congrats on your awesome ride. A little out of my price range right now but maybe one day.

-Frank-

#34 ·
Just read someone else just found a black manual car for sale in Casa Grande, 5k over. That was today, so who knows if it's been jumped on by now or not. It was a buyer back out deal. Seems to be happening more and more.

You may have an issue with over MSRP and I totally get it....but someone else will buy it and you won't and that's just how it goes. I got mine for some over MSRP and after driving it I don't regret it. Actually, the car is WELL WELL worth more than MSRP and I realize that now. To each there own. Good luck out there for those fighting the good fight and hope you get yours too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.