Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Is it possible a Hellcat ordered on day 1 in Sept won't get built?

11K views 48 replies 28 participants last post by  JB1 
#1 ·
my dealer just told me this? "The word on the street is they may be done for the model year. It looks like it likely wont get built"

I know they are not taking new orders for 2015 models but this is an existing order from day one and it may not get built???

I am starting to get pissed!

#5 ·
Other posters have said orders still being taken for 2015 so who knows. Some guys have multiple orders with different dealers, get that weeded out and should be more availability. 2015 production scheduled to go on into September so thousands of cars still to be built.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#7 ·
If you have a Vin# what is your status?
If your dealer didn't follow the rules of Allocation set in stone from FCA then you will not get a HC.

Reactions: owenspackman
#9 ·
Call your dealer ask for Sales Manger.
Politely ask him about their Allocation for a HC?

#10 ·
^^^^ Bingo! If there was no allocation when the car was ordered there will be no build. If there was allocation, thank the guys that ordered 4, 5 or even 6 cars from different dealers and clogged up the system so badly no one knows who will get a car, or when.

Me, I'd rather wait for a '16.

#12 ·
Every dealer I've talked to has said, "yes, of course we have allocation ... we'll take your deposit now :)."

So, my question is: Can you verify the allocation and can you post an example of what this document may look like?

#13 ·
Well me to ordered on day one and still have heard nothing just a von, sent an email last week to head man Tim, and low and behold I get a call yesterday, he said he contacted my dealer, he told me yes they are jammed with orders, and that mine was in BX status and ALL orders that have a von and in BX will get there car, I wish I had known he would call , it caught me so off guard, I would have liked to had a short list to ask him, but he guaranteed we will get them

#15 ·
Keep searching the dealers, try cars.com ,most are already sold..but it's only a click on the mouse to email them, all.
I had a Von on day one, never moved, dealer was a deer in the headlights...asked them to call and wouldn't..started emailing all on cars.com. Got many emails back and calls...all were sold or wanted a ridiculous markup..
Within in a week I got a call to buy one, they had an open allocation....was reluctant to believe,but it got a vin two days later. It is in transit. Many have, you must be vigilant.......
It takes some work.
Good luck

#17 ·
Hi
It was not an email , he called me , I had originally sent him an email, expressing my thoughts, which I can share if you like, I really was not expecting a reply, like he does not get thousands of emails, I was caught totally off guard when he called, I was driving in my car when he did call, I wish I was more prepared, but am impressed that he reached out to me , im sure he has better stuff to do

#22 ·
This HC car is not at the top of my car purchasing list any longer. Way too many games and product mismanagement. I'll try again in a few months.

In the meantime Nisssn is offering a 10,000.00 rebate off 14/15 GT-Rs on top of your negotiated price.

Dodge, keep messing around and more would be conquest buyers will go elsewhere.

#31 ·
Extremely possible. I placed my build in at the same time. The only Hellcat my dealer was able to secure was a Charger Hellcat so I bought it, and am waiting for it to arrive.

#34 ·
I talked to the owner of the small dealership that I ordered my car from today. Here's what he had to say: "Any verifiable sold order will be scheduled ahead of a stock order provided that the dealer has allocation. Also, once things calm down a bit, the distribution manager in the various business centers may have a small number of units they can dole out to (deserving) dealers." He said those (deserving) dealers will not be based on volume of sales. Not sure exactly what that means but the rules of allocation have clearly changed and it sounds like Dodge has acknowledged the problems with their dealers ordering cars for stock and then adding huge ADM's. I think Dodge is trying to do the right thing, we'll see.

#37 · (Edited)
The Call!!!!

I ordered my hellcat and the dealer was great had my car and driving in less than 60 days. I will say i did email Tim and he did the call to me as well. It does throw you off a bit. I BS with him for a while over several calls he is a real down to earth guy. I had my lovely car for two weeks treated it like a brand new baby never ran it past 4500 rmp for the break in, and on mile 648 shifting from 1st to 2nd the engine blew. My understanding is there was a malfunction with a valve. I waited for 5 days while the dealer did nothing because they are not trained to work on race cars i guess. But i ended up calling Tim again, by now i had his cell..lol He checked into it and found out the engine was blown and said he was not going to install a new motor. He is building me a new one at no cost to me and covering my rental car and any other expense. I tell you all, if you have an issue just nicely shoot him and email and he should get back to you. And No i am not giving out his phone numbers..lol
I don't check this forum much since they opened the hellcat forum, but if Tim told you something Skinner14 he means it, regardless of what you read on this forum. I tell some of these guys think they are the president of Dodge. Have fun with that hellcat...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.