Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Possible upgrade from 15 SP to 16 HC

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  FWB 
#1 ·
#2 · (Edited)
Looks good with the best tranny and color available![emoji6] The sepia and brass monkeys are personal preference. The price is gonna come down to your region as I see amazing deals people are claiming on here are not happening in MA. I paid sticker which was basically the car you're looking at minus the sepia and brass monkeys. My thoughts on the HC is its the most amazing vehicle I've ever driven. The manual is so much more smooth and better behaved in traffic than my 392 was. It can be docile cruiser or a absolute monster depending on how you feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Don't even think about paying MSRP now. Even my small city dealer is selling at invoice now.

The car has summer only tires. These tires are much better than the all seasons when the temperature outside is warm to hot but lose grip quickly from 60F down. I have both the summer only and all season OEM tires so I have first hand experience with both.

As for what do I think about the HC?>:)

#8 ·
No question making the upgrade is well worth it. I really liked my Scat Pack. The Hellcat is the most fun car I've ever owned. Not sure what type of deal they are offering you, but I wouldn't pay a nickel over invoice at this point. Honestly there are a lot of deals below invoice now with the 17's around the corner. The other part of the deal is always your trade in. They can offer you a great price on the Hellcat and kill you on your trade. If you can make the numbers work you definitely won't regret it.

#10 ·
The brakes and adjustable suspension are a great upgrade alone over the Scat, and the Hellcat engine must be awesome (haven't driven one). I have the P Zeroes, they are really sticky in the dry, but not so good in the wet. They will be slippery in Memphis when the mercury drops in the thirties and below. Especially with 707 horsepower!

#11 ·
Yup, we bought it on Saturday.

Drove it off the lot with 18 miles on it.

The wife and I are following the owner's manual's (maybe too many apostrophes but who cares) break-in procedure.

Keeping the rpms below 3500 IS INCREDIBLY DIFFICULT.

We got it for invoice. They are paying for us to powder coat the bronze brassmonkeys black, our tint and they threw in the 45k mile car care (oil changes) in the deal.

This will probably be the last new car we purchase for many years but D@^^N what a car.

#13 ·
Congrats on the HC! I did the same thing. I had a Scat Pack which I had ordered and received just after New Year's 2015. A buddy got a HC in the Spring and took me out in it. There was no turning back! The Scat was gone by October 2015 and I got myself a HC. The 392 was nice, but doesn't compare to the HC's explosive power.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.