Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Test driving new car !

4K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  nsrt 
#1 ·
If I keep getting no info from Dodge,and don't get a confirmation of delivery on the HC by New Year, I am seriously considering the new vette. Going to test drive one tomorrow
C7 Z51 3LT :)

See less See more
#2 ·
Yea, but the Challenger is a better looking, more practical car if you intend to use it to transport more than one other person and/or luggage. ;)

Reactions: Hasan
#4 ·
If I keep getting no info from Dodge,and don't get a confirmation of delivery on the HC by New Year, I am seriously considering the new Vette. Going to test drive one tomorrow
C7 Z51 3LT :)

Hey,

If you are going to test drive one be prepare to buy it...of course you are going to love it...and dealer will do almost anything to get u in that car....very low APR....lower asking price...give u goodies etc...
I don't know about u but me i have love for the Challengers, yeah i can own a Shelby or a ZL-1 Camaro but at the end of the day i be wishing i had bought that challenger...it's like I am possessed lol...
U know yourself- will u be happy if u were to buy this Corvette and down the road u see a Hellcat n had second thoughts...
Best luck to u..they're all lovely cars.

#5 ·
Hey,
If you are going to test drive one be prepare to buy it...ofcourse you are going to love it...and dealer will do almost anything to get u in that car....very low apr....lower asking price...give u goodies ect.....
I dont know about u but me i have love for the challengers, yeah i can own a shelby or a zl1 camaro but at the end of the day i be wishing i had bought that challenger...its like i am possessed lol...
U know yourself- will u be happy if u were to buy this corvette and down the road u see a hellcat n had second toughts...
Best luck to u..they all lovely car
yea, i would be wishing i stayed with the Chally.. the cat is my dream car.. not the others

#6 ·
Love the Looks of the vette until you get to the back end. I thing it looks horrible. Z06 would be awesome but mine would sticker over $100,000!

#7 ·
The longer my Hellcat order sets at BX the more I'm thinking the same way....:scratchhead: I won't be surprised if the Z06 becomes readily available before the Hellcat.

#8 · (Edited)
I am a Challenger fan for sure ( not Mustang or Camaro fan ), but will not go another summer without a car ( and will settle for nothing less than a HC in the Challenger lineup ), and if it does not happen this will be my plan B.
I don't care about passengers or any great amount of luggage, nor do I care about price, if I could get a Z06 I would go that route as well, but I think they will be pretty scarce for awhile..I can always get a HC in a year or so when it gets sorted out, and give the vette to the wife
I am still holding out for a HC, but after placing my order 4 months ago and no info, everyday, hope and my enthusiasm seems to fade away a little more

#9 ·
I'm surprised that more people haven't done the same thing after all of the "allocation" non sense, lack of communication from Dodge, and all of the production and delivery delays on the Hellcat. If not switching to the Vette, then something else.

The Vette and Hellcat are two different cars. It's basically an "apple to oranges" comparison, but none the less both of them very nice in their own right. These are the two cars that I am trying to choose between. I am not quite ready to purchase yet, but will be in the next few months. I have been following both cars for a long time.

The thing about the Vette is, if you decided to go that way you could go to a dealer and possibly find what you are looking for on the lot, and be able to buy it. Or, you can order one and know within about 8 -10 weeks you will be able to get what you want without any additional delays. If you want the Z06, they aren't out yet but should be built soon.

Good Luck with your decision, both of them are very nice cars, it comes down to personal preference.

#15 ·
that's not a bad car to fall back on they are definitely apples and oranges... the Vette will handle better with the Z51 package and is a more than great touring ride but if you want the WOW factor of unleashing the HC whiplash effect and the attention grabbing Challenger good looks and being able to roll coast to coast in comfort and style... the Challenger has it hands down with plenty of room for a vacation driver... :guiness:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.