Dodge Challenger Forum banner

What is the latest on the Hellcat Sun Roofs ??

8K views 33 replies 24 participants last post by  Redboots 
#1 ·
Has anyone hear a of a better date for the Sun Roof than April ??? It sure would be nice if it was February
RS do you have any info on a date or what the hold -up is ??
RS I heard that the Black Satin Hoods were on hold till February any info on the Hoods ???

#6 ·
70TA is spot on. Those of us with Sunroof orders are in a holding pattern and all we know is that it "may" be
spring delivery but that's just the non-official word. There is NO official word from Dodge at all... My guess is
they are going to wind up not offering the sunroof.

We'll see!

#7 ·
There is a posting on here about a problem with a guys sunroof over in Germany. He was either on the Autobahn or Nurburing, and while doing about 150, the sunroof ripped right out. Gone. He said he could see a 1 inch gap from the sunroof getting pulled up, while it was closed, and then boom, it was history. Maybe they are concerned that folks are gona be taking their Hellcats out for high speed spirited driving, and the sunroofs would rip right out.

Reactions: buckwheat
#10 ·
Well there have been a number of people who have had their cars up to and past the 150mph mark with no issues..........................

I'm not admitting to anything. 0:) HeHeHeHeHeHe

Reactions: teddyp
#13 ·
I know... I don't get it! I heard about some guy with a Toxic Orange 11 that had his to that speed with zero
issues. I looked up, I mean I heard this guy looked up to see how the sunroof was behaving at speed... No
glass flyout!

#11 ·
What's interesting is Dodge advertising the hellcat charger with the sunroof and it actually has a higher TopSpeed than the Challenger. The recent LA auto show had a hellcat challenger with the sunroof on display. It's hard to believe Dodge would not offer it in the Challenger at some point.

#12 ·
Word is No Sunroof.

#14 ·
In my 2009 SRT I didn't have any issues with the sunroof (driven legaly on the autobahn @ over 160mph). On my 2011 392 @ 110mph it starts to lift. I haven't had it leave the car yet, but fully believe that if driven fast enough that it could. So in the end Dodge may be trying to fix multiple issues with the sunroof and may determine that the research is too expensive and scrap it altogether for the Hellcat. This would be a shame, as I and many others have been holding out for the sunroof....

#17 ·
I just got a call from my dealer and the Chargers (what I have on order) are on the same restriction as the Challengers now. Oh hold till June/July production. I have cancelled the Charger and gone with my original Challenger without the sunroof. B5 Blue is still not available to order either.

#20 ·
YOUR opinion is not the ONLY opinion that matters. The rest of us that want sunroof cars don't
give 2 shits about your opinion on the matter. But that's just MY opinion. :x

Reactions: scoutermike
#21 ·
Should be a safety switch that forces it closed at anything near 90 mph ish....there's no reason to have a sunroof open when get upwards of 100+ well certainly not 150...that's a problem waiting to when.

#28 ·
Another thread indicates that orders are closed for MY2015 so it would appear there will be no sunroof option for 2015 models. Orders reopen in the late summer is what i read on another thread in this forum so take it as whats its worth as nothing is straight from Chrysler these days.

#30 ·
New orders are only open in Canada, all US ordering will re open in August for the 2016 MY cars.

Charger HC's are shipping with the sunroof, I would hope the challenger gets the go for 2016.

#33 ·
Good one!! That was awesome..Yeah waiting till the 2016MY just gives me more time to save for that Z06 to sit where the HC was going to sit! Plus they may be a little more rusted by then!

Reactions: Toxic11
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.