Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Where I find a Hellcat at MSRP?

6K views 30 replies 18 participants last post by  OmahaRumble 
#1 ·
Sorry if this has been bought up again, but I got a good buddy who is willing to buy NOW for a Hellcat auto for MSRP. He's having a hell of a time trying to find one. He's running into the whole "they are a limited number made" business, thus the price jack.

I had some contacts at Baxter but they no longer work there. Does anyone know where I can get a Hellcat ordered/shipped for MSRP?

Any help would be much appreciated!

He promised to let me drive it once he gets it, so I am very pumped!

#3 ·
Oh boy, this is going to be fun. I'd ideally like to help him find his Hellcat, and do the leg work for him. If I can find a dealer whose willing to sell one in black, automatic for MSRP he would buy it in a heartbeat.

I'll have to do some more research with some people I know, and see what I can find.

Thanks Firetruck, good to have you back by the way.

#7 ·
Make an email template of exactly what you're looking for, options, MSRP, have financing, will travel, etc. I also had three color options listed...I did end up with the color I wanted.

Start with cars.com / autotrader.com and start emailing...

I took a day off - sent over 100 emails (I was specific not to call me if they did NOT have one in stock or inbound in 30 days and willing to sell at MSRP) and had three cars in a four hour window...

Six hours of time invested in shifting through a lot of emails and making return calls...drove down to NC on a Sunday night and drove home Monday with a new Hellcat...1k off MSRP thanks to USAA and a super great trade on my 2014 SRT.

It can be done and I see the stories on the message boards weekly of others doing the same.

#10 ·
Thank you, those who gave me productive responses, I found some great leads!!!

I know, right? Heh, I'm super excited for my buddy. He agreed to let me drive it. I'd love to give my own review of the Hellcat and post it up on the forums. Driving my 400hp car and going to a 700hp car should be quite the comparison. :eek:

#12 ·
Hello, I just got off the phone with TIM KUNISKIS the president of Dodge and he stated that it has already been put out to all dealerships if they have a hellcat on the lot for more than 4 days then they will not be able to order any more hellcats for the next month, and will not be able to order any more hellcats at all until the cars in inventory are sold. He hopes this will motivate all dealers to sell those cars fast. This should help us out with picking up hellcats for MSRP.

#14 · (Edited)
Anyone else know where to get a Hellcat at MSRP or less? The local clowns want 5-10 grand over MSRP. Dealer was telling me that people are paying 10,000.00 over MSRP. OK. Good for them. Im not paying over MSRP. :notallthere::sleep::sleep::sleep:

#18 ·
Good Luck in your search this is like trying to find the Holy Grail or a Unicorn it can be done but it's going to take time and diligence to get the car. I work for a dealer who sells at MSRP our allocations are gone and sold units... my friend down in the Dallas area said he found 2 black, 1 red 1 white at different dealerships who said they would sell at MSRP. I would think if you can get the car for $5,000 over your doing good as the dealerships are already and have been offering $10,000 over MSRP to purchase from each other.

This give you a little insight as to if you find one grab it and be happy cause these won't be around long and you won't see them on every street corner but that was what I expected when the car was designated the HALO CAR :guiness:

#25 · (Edited)
I can wait till the weather gets better....and the allure wears off.....and the High powered Mustang and Camaro come out to compete.....

Watch the Hellcats pile up even more........

Wont be long before they are lucky to just get MSRP.

Reactions: vichris
#26 ·
It really is not worth the effort as no new car should take 'this' much work to own. I hate to say it but it is ridiculous. Ironically like many I am surrounded by a ton of built Hellcats at crazy pricing on dealer lots while I sit waiting for mine to be built. Who knows even when mine does get built the dealer won't sell it to someone else who offers them a few bucks more for it. The more time that passes the more I become indifferent towards owning one. Good luck.

#27 ·
Not sure if anyone is in the Chicago/Milwaukee area but I ordered mine from Bryden Motors in Beloit, Wisconsin (Wisconsin/Illinois boarder). I worked with Justin Bean who was great throughout the process, I can't recommend them enough and yes, no haggle MSRP pricing.

Justin Bean
608-364-8880 store number
815-871-1566* cell phone
608-364-5950 store direct line

Bryden Motors
548 Broad St, Beloit WI 53511
Bryden Motors in Beloit| New 2014 & 2015 Dodge Jeep Chrysler & RAM Dealer | Used Car Financing Parts Service & Sales in WI

If you happen to reach out to him tell him Craig sent you :)

Good luck in the hunt!!

#28 ·
These dealers are killing this car. New dealer rhetoric...

Just yesterday I sold a B5 Blue Hellcat with the Brass Monkey forged aluminum wheels to a customer in Las Vegas Nevada. He's flying in on arrival of the car and he had no problem with the 10 over sticker seeing Vegas is selling them for 20 over. I'd love to earn your business, but unfortunately at the present time an SRT Hellcat at MSRP is not possible. I've been allocated three more of which two are sold and I have one more in line. The Charger Hellcat you might have seen online at our dealership has also sold prior to arrival at 10 over. From this point on Chrysler is selling Hellcats as order only units.

#29 ·
Well, I tried for my friend but no luck. Oh well, you guys are right; needle in a haystack, or maybe there's no needle now?

If people have the money to afford such an expensive car (relatively speaking), why wouldn't they put $10k more to get one? I'm assuming people that buy these cars are not destitute.

#31 ·
Well, my friend found his black automatic Hellcat on order here at Performance Dodge in Omaha at MSRP. He's very excited about it. He'll let me drive it around when he gets it. It would be interesting to see how it compares to my R/T! :surprise:

I'll post up once he gets it and I get to test drive it. :grin2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.