Dodge Challenger Forum banner

You know... this is just sad..... (Hellcat runs 17's)

4K views 21 replies 17 participants last post by  randycat99 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Do you know anything about this video? Maybe you need to learn a bit about it. This video was addressed originally by the hellcat driver a few days ago. It has since turned viral and nobody seems to care about the antics surrounding this video. It was a Tesla PR stunt in a nutshell. Hellcat red lit so he purposely decided to just do a burnout. Simple as that

#3 ·
Well considering I've seen people drive this bad at the strip with 392 cars.... In fact a Green With Envy 392
Spun around and planted into the wall at PRP two years ago. That's why I did NOT doubt that someone could
drive that bad. Glad to hear the driver just figured after the red light to just John Force it :)

#10 · (Edited)
I take a different view. Never run a match race, even if its just for bragging rights, unless you are ready. Never let an opponent goad you into a match if you or your car aren't ready. No one will remember you weren't ready, just that you got beat. Winning is winning---and losing is losing. Deliberately smoking the tires thru the 1/8th mile is just playing into your opponent's hands.

Glad to see they are getting DRs and planning to work hard on the driver mod before the rematch.

#9 ·
Somehow, I don't even think it was his "choice" to do a burnout or not, if he lost traction. Once you lose traction in that short a gear, with that much torque coming on line, at x rpm, it's anybody's guess where you should put the throttle where the tires would actually successfully hook-up, again. That's way too many variables shifting around at once. ;)

Probably just best off triggering an upshift, and hoping you have better luck with the throttle in a higher gear.

#11 ·
Excellent advise, for sure!

These new HC owners should realize there is more riding on these races than just their own thrill for the day. ;)

#14 · (Edited)
A look at the bight side.
The guy at least owns a Hellcat to do a burnout with win or lose.
He chose to line up not the Telsa owner.
Better than a BS Spring delivery Promise and a Von#.

#17 ·
It was the same guy who wrapped his HC around the tree right off of the lot in Denver.

He got his new one and everyone told him he should have taken it to the track.....

#22 ·
I've seen that before, but I come to the same conclusion...maybe there shouldn't be any shame in using that? Not even real everyday v8's sound that good, but there is no denying that you can't help but to get a big grin on your face if that was pumped into your cabin. It works all too good for its own good! ;) In all things of life, what else is there where you can "cheat the system" that effectively (get such an endorphin response from audio nirvana) while not being offensively loud to everybody for a 3 blocks radius?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.