Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Easiest way to burnout

20K views 69 replies 28 participants last post by  bkwa 
#1 ·
Totally noob to a muscle car. Been afraid to experiment much with my SP. What's the easiest and safest way to burnout, on the street(not the track).

#51 ·
You can find it any time "Dodge" dot com. The owners section.
If you have not yet registered, I would do that. You can see all the details on your equipment.
Shout out if you need any help.
Tom.

#52 ·
Depending on how much of your tires you want to waste...
Pic of mine doing a breakstand while just feathering the throttle, SC could go for days, rolled this one out pretty far once let off brakes!

As others have said, practice in the back corner of an industrial area (look out for security cameras on buildings) or behind a large shopping area, early or late so no one else is around. Dont put others in danger by doing them near crowds (see: mustangs).

Please learn to control the car before attempting on public roads.

Have fun!

Attachments

#56 ·
The 392's will go till the tires pop. I promise.

Attachments

#55 ·
Your Vehicle Equipment

Than go to "Other"

#65 ·
I have been turning off traction control(holding for 10 sec) and using sport mode and autostick.
Your saying leave trc on?

#67 ·
This was answered in the text from the owners manual I posted 2 pages back.
It does not matter.
Tom.

This will allow more engine torque to be applied to the
wheel that is not spinning. This feature remains active
even if TCS and ESC are in the “Partial Off” or “Full Off”
modes. Refer to “Electronic Stability Control (ESC)” in
this section for more information.

#68 ·
Yes the brake pulsing on the spinning tire is working for you no matter what traction or stability control level you are using. It's not perfect but it does ok and the first generation of SRT vehicles used this. It was the industry norm just 10 years ago and you would be surprised how many current cars still use it. Cheaper for the manufacturer than a true limited slip diff I guess...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.