Dodge Challenger Forum banner

First time to the track with new Scat Pack 11.98

42K views 122 replies 39 participants last post by  RAPER392 
#1 · (Edited)
First off, I'd like to say hello. I have been fallowing this forum for a couple weeks now while I tried to decide if I wanted another Mustang or Scat Pack. Well about two weeks ago I went to my local dealer and test drove a Green one they had. I instantly made up my mind. Last Saturday I picked up my Torred A8 car. I put some M/T drag radials on it and took it to my local track (Milan Dragway) today for opening day. With just over 300 miles on the car I was able to get a 11.98 pass and several 12.0's out of it. I can't wait until it gets broke in.

Wes

Attachments

See less See more
#53 ·
Very impressive ET. I'm also from southern Michigan and race at Milan dragway. I test drove a M6 scat pack yesterday and ordered an 8 speed auto. Never been in a 8 speed auto though. Take a brotha for a ride so I know what to expect since I'm local :) hahahah

#60 · (Edited)
Sorry for the delay getting back to you guys, I was out of the country on vacation with no internet access. I'm very happy with what the car has run so far. I do feel it has a little more in it once it breaks in a little. It only had 500 miles on it when I ran the 11.89. I have taken it to the track a couple times since than but haven't got a better et yet. I have been trying different thing to see if the car liked it.

I just recently did the muffler delete and Hellcat air box so I'm hoping to get to the track this Wednesday and see if those helped any. I have had a few people ask for pictures with the drag radials on the stock wheels so here are a couple.

Attachments

#62 ·
Competition,

Congratulations on ordering your Scat Pack. The A8 is a pretty impressive trans. I really like the muffler delete, just a little bit loader than stock. I did leave the resonators in the rear.

Reactions: Slidd
#63 ·
So I guess me and Woz are the only M6's to run at the strip... Woz has a SP and I have a SRT.

I recently ran with 17" M/T Streets (275)... My best 60' was 1.786.
15' SRT M6 (Hellcat Airbos with DRs) was in between 12.2 - 12.4 with exception of the times I completely messed up.

I think its a fact (coming from a M6 owner) that the A8 is faster than the M6 from anywhere between 2/10ths of a second to half a second.
Can we agree on that?

Everything was in track mode for those runs with traction control completely off.

#67 ·
What did you run without the streets?

I'm sure tuned you would go a little quicker. A 1.78 can be improved on M/T drags...but to a point obviously. So far, running great!

#70 ·
So I guess me and Woz are the only M6's to run at the strip... Woz has a SP and I have a SRT.

I recently ran with 17" M/T Streets (275)... My best 60' was 1.786.
15' SRT M6 (Hellcat Airbos with DRs) was in between 12.2 - 12.4.....

What were your 60ft and 1/4 times stock? The best I have done is a 12.901 with 2.20 trapping 110x with my 2012 6psd. This is a stock with worn F1's.

#64 ·
My A8 ran runs of 12.17/ 12.18 /12.19 /12.23 @ 113 w/600-800 miles on car. Ran on MT 305 x 35r x 20 DRs. Had 4 slower runs with slowest of 12.40 first time out. Your M6 was pretty close to those times. With more runs/practice you will be near 12.0.

#68 ·
I was able to go 12.66 on the factory Tires with no track prep. with a 1.9 60FT My DRs should be here anyday I went with a 275 tire vs the 305. So I'm looking forward to really being able to Launch this Beeoch

#69 ·
I will be going 275 as well. I'm looking at ditching these garbage good years for some 275's, and I'll go 17x10 for spirited driving.

#72 ·
Only got to make three passes tonight. But I did manage to get a little quicker et.

Attachments

#76 · (Edited)
I know what you mean about them feeling different. The first one I drove seemed to run just a little bit better than mine. Not sure what my 0 - 60 times usually are, but I did find one slip in the track app. Not sure when I did this.

Attachments

#86 ·
I LOVE reading all these details about how you guys are achieving great times at the strip- Thanks for sharing, This is a great community! About the only flaw on these cars is they can't easily be setup with wider rims/tires. The Mustang guys have us on that- I run 315 Toyos on my SVT Cobra and they hook great even with a ton of hp pushing them. --This thread has me wanting to try the M/Ts, but the last guy I talked to that owned them only got 4-5K mi out of them... Considering the expense- that's not good for a DD like mine.

#88 ·
Well since I got jealous of this thread I decided to to my pearl white cloth scat to rt 66 tonight and I do have a good running scat....I ran 12.21 on all season with walking it and I mean walking it....and full traction control activated...

60' 1.84
330 5.16
1/8 7.88
Mph 90.62
1000 10.22
1/4. 12.21

Another run
60'. 1.963. Walked it too much
330 5.26
1/8 7.9
Mph 91.05
1000 10.29
1/4 12.27

Ok guys I had such a blast.....I beat up on all the cars tonight...I mean all....smoked a 2015 3.73 gear 5.0 manual by 30 cars.....killed modded gto and ls1 modded camaro and ls3 camaro...only car that beat me was a amg roots pushin 17 lbs but he smoked his motor when we raced...smoke everywhere...I felt so bad for him cause he was a real mopar guy....I really pissed a lot of people off tonight cause they could not believe my car was bone stock with all season 245.....even a srt 2015 could not get better than 12.6 12.7 dead hooking with his 275 summer tires.....his mph was 111 only and he had full traction control on as well....a yellow jacket with edelbrock blower did best dead hooking 11.80-12.00.....our 1/8 mile nearly the same......all I know is my car will do 11.7 on a slick which is insane!!!!!!!

#93 · (Edited)
WOAH......

......all I know is my car will do 11.7 on a slick which is insane!!!!!!!
A Bit optimistic I think.....How do you figure that? I agree you were running in close to zero DA (look it up, I'm guessing on the time you actually ran) and your car was running good. But that 1.84 60 foot was about .18 from you best expected 60 foot on slicks. Maybe .200 if you have full on tubeless drag slicks on lightweight wheels. Yes you would pick up a few more hundredths during the rest of the run due to not spinning on shifts. But, I really doubt you will pick up over 1/2 second.

With Drag Radials (not slicks) my best 1/8 mile incrementals are :
1.675 60 foot
7.621 1/8th ET
91.47 MPH
1036 DA

I still get jealous when I see you guys posting these great times ran at near Zero or Negative DA. Maybe one Day I will move out there......

Congrats to wooping up on all the Minions. LOL

#90 ·
Walking means 1/8 throttle till gets moving then gradually go into full......so I launched at no rpm and no flashing converter...i did many attempts...with every variable and this way is the only way it gonna hook...I did not bother dropping tire pressure and keeping all at 37 psi..If that last run had the 60ft of my prior one posted it would of did 12.00....maybe 11......these cars are the 1/8 mile kings...mopar or no car baby!!!!

#91 · (Edited)
I've definitely noticed there are days with mine, even if "the air is good" from day to day pretty much, it runs different. Every time I drive it, it runs good. Some days...Damn...it's running great! :) I guess it could be a little bit of this and that factor going on. I'd say I'm used to driving it now, in the different modes too, and I accidentally swung the rear out making a turn in an intersection the other day. I thought I Was easing into it....from a stop sign turning left.

#100 ·
No looking back now! :) Drag radials are the best thing I've done to my car so far, finally some traction for all that torque and gearing!!!

#102 ·
What did you end up going with? What's the pricing if you don't mind?
Those are Nitto NT555R DOT-compliant drag radials. Sizes in 20" are 275/40R20 and 305/35R20.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.