Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Just won my first race

7K views 57 replies 32 participants last post by  wasp392 
#1 ·
So im driving home from work and some guy in 2000 body style mustang gt rolls up on my right revs his engine and takes off. So i stomp on the gas and fly by him. We slow down he holds his finger up like 1 more so i reach down and put it in sport mode. We slow down to 40 he beeps 3x and i launch on him like hes not moving up to 90. I must have been 6 lengths on him. We exit together and at the light hes like, what did you do to that thing? Whats in there? Im like its a scat with a 392. He goes ohhhhh.... Dont i feel stupid. Im like you thought it was an r/t didnt you? He goes yep..... Hahahahahhahahaha

#43 ·
I don't street race but I have to say, these days, DWO scares me more than street racing. I'm talking Driving While Old. I'd gladly vote in a law that requires mandatory driver re-testing after the age of 65. And it won't be too many years before I'm there myself! I've avoided more accidents than I can count in the last 5 years just from cotton headed old people who are slouched so low they can barely see over the steering wheel. Of course, look where I live. ;)

Mike

#44 ·
^^ agreed, every 5 years. Old or not, the people who are the most dangerous are the ones who are not competent enough to drive confidentently and instead go 5-10 under the limit, often in the left lane.

All licensing tests are a joke. All you have to do basically is drive around town at 25mph, park and turn around. I'd like to see testing extend to a 55mph or 65mph road with an on ramp, off ramp and lane changes.

#48 ·
Lol. I raised the BS flag earlier but he didn't respond.
Give the poor fanboy troll a break. He probably had to catch the bus to middle school.......

#53 ·
Relax everybody. That Mustang owner is just having a little fun, and KNOWS his cute little 4.6 three valve isn't going to touch ANY HEMI car in the the quarter mile or top speed.

My 20 year old Son just bought a 2005 GT, (exact same car as a 2006), and while it is a fun car, those 300 screamin' ponies will almost let it keep up to my older Sons' stock SRT4 Neon. Almost.

The '05 and '06 GT's are low 14 sec to very high 13 second cars, on a sea level track, in good air. Not bad, but certainly not up to R/T specs.

This is the car he just got. Feel free to print it out and use it for a target, toilet paper, whatever...:grin2:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.