Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Life with My 2017 392 SCat Pack bought Jan 24

18K views 88 replies 30 participants last post by  mr.cheez 
#1 · (Edited)
Life with My 2017 392 SCat Pack**journey continues

**New updates at 8500 miles**

Well on Jan 23rd of this year drove to Phoenix from Tucson on a cold rainy night (38 degrees and that's freezing for us desert folks) knowing I could possible make out at dealer being that most peeps won't be out shopping for cars or close deals on a cold rainy January Monday night. Long story short had my pre approval from credit union and @8:30 pm walked into dealer and told them what I was looking for since I had already window shopped previous weekend. Told them what I was willing to pay and told them I was ready to sign my draft. With rebates thay had me at $46k with dealer options and tax and title. I said nope here is the draft I'm writing for $41.5k so please have your manger call my credit union to verify and we have a deal being its now 9:30pm and knew from a previous salesman that let me know they had only sold three cars all day. They said sorry, I said bye and as I walked out the door then they called me in and the deal was made with all dealer options and I promised to write a online review and letter about the great customer experience.

Here she is and I call her "Miss Jaws".

Attachments

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
Then came some red LED mod for the rear dome lights that I purchased from superbrightleds.com and as well as other red bulbs for map lights and everything else got 5000k white bulbs. Those light pods in the headliner were a ***** but overall very simple. A couple you tube vids out there on this process.

Attachments

#14 ·
Thanks for posting and for the pictures. Sharp looking ride!

Reactions: Ipittydafoo
#16 ·
Ok, some simple vinyl on door sills, wrapped front and rear hood struts , removed rear dodge lettering and added matte black "Mopar"(this is temp until I can get a carbon fiber peace made to replace the back gloss black that scratches by just looking at it :crying:)

Also, added 392 emblem on rear spoiler and wrapped in the reflective red vinyl.

Attachments

#28 ·
Please explain, these were silver and you wrapped them before fitting? I love the look with red on silver and would like to know how you did this, they look so good.
Amazing how such a small thing can make such a difference.

#19 · (Edited)
Just swapped out buttons from my steering wheel since they are blue from the 2016 Grand Cherokee SRT Jeep. But other then that, it bolts right up! Oh, found this at a local auto salvage that deals with newer cars. The guy there said it would not work but I knew other wise and played dumb and said I only wanted the buttons so he sold it complete for cheap. I also gave him some UofA college basketball tickets I got free through work. So that might have helped.

Attachments

#22 ·
Me too! Stave White maybe? :bowdown:

Oh, and nice write up, nice ride. What's the deal with the extra buttons on the right of the steering wheel? What do they do? My Scat Pack has just black buttons. They do zilch.

#26 · (Edited)
Yes indeed part of the tech package for the adaptive cruise which can be set for 1 to 4 car lengths distance and it will keep that distance and break and acelerate all on its own. It's really freaky at first when a car jumps in front and your car breaks on its own. Took me a bit to get use to but I love it ever since I had it in my 2012 Charger R/T Max a few years back. Also for the start button this is the part #1UL96XR4AA and at the time I bought it in 2013 it was only available for the viper so I paid way more then I should have. Cross reference that # and I believe Steve White may have the best deal on it.

#27 ·
Can't find the pic but somebody here on the steering wheel buttons where the ACC buttons would be, installed some 3-9-2 numbers to match his paint color and it looked really cool. Better than blank pads for sure.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

#30 ·
Here is a pic of one of the front calipers I did 2 weeks ago and yes I went with a bigger "brembo" logo to make it pop a bit more. I'll post pics when the backs are complete. They get lots of attention at night so far and im asked "how do they do that?" Or "what kinda of brakes are those?".....

Anyways, was just trying something different outside of painting.

Attachments

#31 ·
Nice car and looks like you are enjoying the journey.

#42 ·
Pretty much 2 weeks since this dealer is a high volume sales dealer and they seem to have two of almost every color and features, for god sake they had 10 hellcats out in the lot where here in Tucson the dealer had one inside the showroom with ropes and signs to see a sale person if interested. When I first went in they had the car with everything I was looking for but was white and I asked if they would be getting this same optioned car in billet? He made a call and told me it will be there in two weeks since already on their next order. BAM!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.